“Very Good BBQ”

Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Here at Bill's, we have a full dining room and lots of outside seating as well. There is parking up front and additional parking behind the building.
Kerrville, Texas
“Very Good BBQ”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Bills is our local go to BBQ. Never had a meal that wasn't good or ran across a staff member that wasn't nice.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Stacy L

Kerrville, Texas
“Best BBQ Around”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Bill's has the best BBQ! We had chopped brisket sandwiches today and they were delicious! So much, we bought a pound of chopped brisket to go! We ate in the dining room and it was very pleasant. It is not fancy, but it is clean! The tables were spotless, floors were clean and just a nice place to have some great hill country BBQ. We have eaten here many times, and everything we have ever had...has been delicious! This is the only place I will eat BBQ in the hill country. The owner Joe, is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, and you can tell he loves cooking, and his BBQ proves that!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Xpressions2004
Wilson, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Needs some TLC”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Do not care at all about dining inside, it looks nasty, they need a better routine for cleaning the floors, tables and bathrooms. You could open and close sections, and if I wanted flies all around my food I would eat outside.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank lovegreatbbq
San Antonio
“Grew up on this stuff”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I live in San Antonio and we had a place in Hunt growing up so every weekend we went past Bill's and rarely didn't stop. Back then the current owner's mom ran the joint. Happily nothing has changed. Still as good as ever. I have a motorcycle and me and the guys make runs to all the BBQ snobs typical favorites ... Blacks, Smitty's, City Market, Coopers (Llano is the only coopers to go to!) etc and when I'm in Kerrville and get my Bill's fix I am reminded that this is the best BBQ you can buy. The ribs are perfect and everything else is darn near. There are a couple other places in the area with a BBQ sign in front of their building but I really think they are selling warmed up shoe soles. If you like Tough or fatty brisket stop at those places but if you want Great food hit Bill's

Visited May 2014
3 Thank 5150leroy
Kerrville
“Better than candy!”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

For whatever reason I have never until yesterday eaten here, even though I pass it several times a day. What a treat I have been missing! I walked in and told the girl behind the counter that I was a newbie and she explained how everything worked. In case you are wondering, some BBQ places have pricing structures that are not like "normal" restaurants, meaning it is based upon weight and not just menu price. After she told me how it worked I asked her to recommend her favorite cut, which happened to be beef ribs. I gave them a try and they were probably the best I have ever had. They literally slid off the bone and melted in my mouth. No exaggeration, these are the best.

Now keep in mind that this is a real pit BBQ place and you walk right next to the pit upon entering the building. If you need to dine in a place that smells like roses and has fine linens then this isn't the place for you. If you want excellent cuts of meat slow smoked in a real pit with a dining room decorated with historic and hunting memorabilia then put this place on your list. I will certainly be back soon and I can promise the ribs will be my first choice again.

• Visited June 2014