Or my husband’s Diamond status with the Hilton chains.
Immediately upon opening the door, a musky odor greets you. It radiates from the carpet (probably the carpet pad), but you quickly become immune to the smell. I’ve stayed at this hotel a few times before as we have family living in this city, and I now remember having a room here in the past that smelled the same.
The shower was no larger than 2’ x 2’. No kidding! See the photo. This was very disappointing, and it had a real crappy shower curtain. This is the first time we’ve ever encountered a shower of this size. We paid $218 a night. We’ve never paid this much either, but all hotels in this area were full. There was a Jacuzzi in the bedroom but I will never sit in a hotel tub. It didn’t look appealing either.
While my husband was showering, I inspected the sheets. As I turned down the top sheet, I saw two hairs immediately, which made me thoroughly check. I found at least 15-20 short hairs. They were not embedded in the sheet like too many sheets washed together. The hotel is pet-free so it shouldn’t be animal hair, but they were numerous enough to make me think of a dog. I thought maybe from the head of the person that made the bed. I did not want to sleep in the bed but we arrived very late at night and I had to deal with another tired person, and that person didn’t think the desk clerk could do much at that hour.
The only sink is where the toilet and shower are, so it’s not ideal for two people. There was a single side chair and a desk chair – nothing adequate to receive visitors.
Pro: We were on the first floor and it was quiet. Room was dark at night. Beautiful graphic design carpets. Enough floor space in the bedroom area for two. Frig cooled nicely.
Overall: Disgusting. We are so done with this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of Texas Hill Country, the Hampton Inn Kerrville is just a short drive from San Antonio, located off I-10. Relax and recharge in a comfy guest room with free high-speed internet access, and wake up with a delicious free hot breakfast. Located near a variety of businesses, the hotel offers a professional function room that holds up to 80 guests. Lounge in the soothing whirlpool, unwind in the sauna or plunge into the outdoor pool. Re-energize with a workout in the modern fitness center or refresh with tea or coffee in the cozy lobby 24 hours a day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn Kerrville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Kerrville Hotel Kerrville
- Kerrville Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Kerrville Texas