“Not worthy of Hilton-name association”

Hampton Inn Kerrville
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Kerrville
Forney, Texas, United States
“Not worthy of Hilton-name association”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Or my husband’s Diamond status with the Hilton chains.
Immediately upon opening the door, a musky odor greets you. It radiates from the carpet (probably the carpet pad), but you quickly become immune to the smell. I’ve stayed at this hotel a few times before as we have family living in this city, and I now remember having a room here in the past that smelled the same.
The shower was no larger than 2’ x 2’. No kidding! See the photo. This was very disappointing, and it had a real crappy shower curtain. This is the first time we’ve ever encountered a shower of this size. We paid $218 a night. We’ve never paid this much either, but all hotels in this area were full. There was a Jacuzzi in the bedroom but I will never sit in a hotel tub. It didn’t look appealing either.
While my husband was showering, I inspected the sheets. As I turned down the top sheet, I saw two hairs immediately, which made me thoroughly check. I found at least 15-20 short hairs. They were not embedded in the sheet like too many sheets washed together. The hotel is pet-free so it shouldn’t be animal hair, but they were numerous enough to make me think of a dog. I thought maybe from the head of the person that made the bed. I did not want to sleep in the bed but we arrived very late at night and I had to deal with another tired person, and that person didn’t think the desk clerk could do much at that hour.
The only sink is where the toilet and shower are, so it’s not ideal for two people. There was a single side chair and a desk chair – nothing adequate to receive visitors.
Pro: We were on the first floor and it was quiet. Room was dark at night. Beautiful graphic design carpets. Enough floor space in the bedroom area for two. Frig cooled nicely.
Overall: Disgusting. We are so done with this hotel.

4 Thank Brenda C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very clean ! Super important ! There was a pleasant surprise , not just a continental breakfast but a self serve , fresh and hot waffles . Eggs ,Canadian bacon,muffins, eng muffins,bagels (I'm a NY'er so that's great)tea , coffee, hot choc, fresh fruit,every condiment available!!!omg I know I missed more . Oh there is a sauna , pool etc. The bedding is clean and really beautiful . They clean your duvet and sheets in their in house laundry every day ! I like that ! Everything is just so clean . I think this hotel is very proud of that as well they should be . Nice staff also . It's just a great hotel !

Stayed May 2014
The Woodlands, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Nice place to spend our 46th anniversary. It has easy access to IH-10 and the surrounding areas. The complementary breakfast was kept fully supplied and the food hot and fresh. The room was very clean and always fresh smelling.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

San Marcos, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stay at this hotel quite frequently and refer to it as "my home away from home." The staff always remember me and give me a warm welcome. They make sure I get everything I need and then make sure my stay is as pleasure as possible. It's a great experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

San Antonio, United States
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This is a great place to stay if you are interested in travelling around the Hill Country. We went shopping in Comfort and Kerrville. We had dinner in Fredericksburg at the Crossroads (they had a wonderful band in their bar. If you dine in, no cover charge). Great location, very clean.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

houston, United States
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I was charged $224.87 for a $100 hotel room and feel it was a clear case of price gouging. I was told there was hot breakfast but they ran out of hot food at 9:45 am. This is misrepresentation . The aircon unit is in window and noisy. I do not recommend staying here if you have a choice

Kerrville, United States
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I checked into the hotel after 1:00 am. Though we were really tired, the room was very clean and the bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The hotel was extremely quiet and I just could not have asked for a more comfortable stay.