“Great food!”

Ranked #18 of 127 Restaurants in Kerrville
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Cafe at The Ridge is a place to gather, not just around a plate of great food, but around each other. The Ridge offers a place to share stories over a glass of sweet tea and a chicken fried steak. All of our delicious family recipes are created using only the freshest of ingredients and are perfect for the whole family.
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I had heard of the Ridge Cafe, but have never visited. My husband and I went for lunch after church on Sunday. The food was wonderful. The service was very good. I am sorry after reading other reviews that I didn't try the pie. We will certainly visit again. After lunch, I took a stroll through the nursery and gift shop. The plants were so pretty. I would highly recommend this restaurant!

Billy L, Owner at Cafe at the Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Hello. We are happy to hear that you decided to stop in after church on a Sunday! We appreciate your recognition of our delicious food and friendly service. We look forward to seeing you again soon to try some of our pie! Have a wonderful day! Best, Royanne Smith (General Manager)

Reviewed 30 August 2013

If you are within 50 miles of this place, it is worth the drive to eat here. Their menu is great their pies are awesome. One of the best stops in the Hill Country.

2  Thank Mark M
Billy L, Owner at Cafe at the Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Hi Mark! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your recognition of our delicious food and wonderful selection of pies! We look forward to seeing you again soon and we are happy to have your recommendation. Best, Billy Long (Owner)

Reviewed 27 August 2013

You've got to try the chocolate pie. Seriously - I never thought anyone could top my grandmother's scratch chocolate pie. The bakery here has done it. And that pie topped off one of the freshest meals I've had in a restaurant in a long time. I had the smothered chicken - not smothered with gravy like you might think, but with mushrooms and onions. Yum! The sides are a little different from regular café fare - sautéed spinach (with bacon and onion), and the best sweet potato fries I've ever had. After our meal, we sashayed through their new garden center. Now, I don't have a green thumb, but I left here with the makings of a small fairy garden. The ladies in the nursery were very helpful with plenty of tips - and my fairy garden is precious! And I'll be going back for Christmas shopping for my girlfriends in that adorable little gift shop they have on the garden side. But I'll be going back for more pie soon!

Hello Lola! We are happy to hear how much you enjoyed the chocolate pie!! It sure is a delicious treat, I must agree. We are glad that you enjoyed the dining experience as well. We look forward to seeing you again soon for Christmas shopping and pie! Have a wonderful day! Best, Billy Long (Owner)

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Great home down food. Bakery is a Home Run. We also picked up a dozen Breakfast Tacos, that would have fed 24. Really unique Southwestern style nursery, Lots a cacti !!!

Billy L, Owner at Cafe at the Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Hello Linda! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your recognition and we are glad to be your go to spot for great home town food. We are happy to see you enjoy the breakfast tacos and our unique nursery. Have a great day! Best, Billy Long (Owner)

Reviewed 26 June 2013

We had been reading about The Ridge in our local paper and decided to give them a try-good move on our part. The Ridge is located in a pretty rural area but only about 4 miles from Kerrville, and is composed of the Cafe, an excellent gift shop and well-stocked nursery.

After shopping at the gift shop/nursery, we decided lunch was calling us. The staff was very pleasant and while waiting for food, we had a nice talk with the manager of the other areas of the facility and she filled us in on how the Ridge came about. Very interesting background. My husband had a new menu item-carnitas salad (spicy) with rice and beans. The pulled pork was excellent. I had the 1/2 sandwich (chicken salad) with sweet potato fries. More than enough to satisfy. Good homemade cookies. The wait time was a little long on the food prep but we won't hesitate to go back.

Billy L, Owner at Cafe at the Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are always happy when our guests have an enjoyable experience! We are glad that you got to see the gift shop, nursery, and cafe to get the full visiting experience. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the portion size and that tried our delicious homemade cookies! We thank you for your recommendation as well, and hope to see you again soon! Best, Billy Long (Owner)