“Big rooms but dirty and overpriced.”

Y O Ranch Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Kerrville
Phoenix, Arizona
“Big rooms but dirty and overpriced.”
Reviewed 3 August 2012

The rooms are gross, dirty and overpriced. I did a walk in with no reservation and was charged $119.00 for one night, not including taxes fees and whatever else they can stick you with. Every thing in the room is from 1970 including the beds, they are hard lumpy and very squeaky, every time I would move just the slightest it would squeak. Although I did not find any signs of bed bugs, there are enough other bugs to make me not want to be there. There were several dead bugs in the room, the floor was dirty, the adjoining room did not have a lock on our side of the door. The door that led to the outside did not latch properly. I was taken in by the word "resort" a resort this is not. There were several other options in the immediate area for less than half the price. Lesson learned.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Momwith2teens
johnhelm, Manager at Y O Ranch Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
While it is difficult to please everyone all the time, we do honor your feedback. We strive to make sure that all of our guests have relaxing and pleasant stays. It was unfortunate that your stay wasn't. Please allow us to make this up to you when you return the the Texas Hill Country. Let me know when you plan to return as I would personally like to meet you, make this up to you and most definitely show you that we can make your next stay most enjoyable.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Nice older rooms. Layout is nice with a view of the pool. Great restaurant on weekdays, but overpriced on Sundays. The bar was not pleasant, and the bartender was rude.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DoctorJohann
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Decades ago, I loved this place. The hotel shows Texas pride in our history and ranching. I just returned from staying several days here and I am not sure that I will again. A friend of mine who has stayed here before brought her own comforter because those in the rooms have not been changed in decades. The room stayed humid no matter how the air conditioner was set. The 1970s decor needs to be updated. Late at night, guests let their children run up and down the halls screaming. This has happened before since this is a family oriented hotel. There are lots of good things about the Y O Hotel, but decor is not one of them. The lobby is fantastic, but needs more seating for the size of the hotel. The pool is great and convenient. I am saddened by the fact that I was embarrassed to bring a friend who was very disappointed in our room.

Room Tip: I have stayed in all buildings on the property over the years and they are much the same.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Barbara J
Texas
Reviewed 29 June 2012

We stayed at the Y O Ranch Resort for business for 5 nights. The room was clean, the bathroom was roomy, the shower was not bad. The restaurant was OK, but VERY overpriced. The bar was adequate, but be warned that smoking is allowed in the bar. We stay at this hotel every year about the same time each year. ONe of the biggest complaints we have every year is that there are VERY few working ice machines on the facility. I say very few WORKING ice machines. There are lots of machines, but only about half of them work. Has been that way for years. AC untis are VERY noisy. I will give a big shout out to one of the maintenance guys who went above and beyond when we have a problem with the TV.
Bottom line - the property is old and needs to be updated. It's nice, but could be GREAT! Skip the restaurant though.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces into the courtyard facing the pool.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MsPibb
, General Manager at Y O Ranch Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
I appreciate all the comments on the hotel. We are consistently trying to improve our hotel. We are currently replacing the older ice machines with brand new ones. Our lunch buffets have become one of the most popular among the locals in Kerrville. I urge you to come try our lunch buffet.
Kansas
Reviewed 3 June 2012

My husband and I stayed here memorial day weekend 2012. The hotel was quite full on Saturday, but was still comfortable and we had no problems with service. In fact the service at the YO is excellent. I had emailed a request and when we checked in she didn't think I got it, but when we got to our room there it was! We had room service twice and it arrived both times hot, fresh and ahead of the promised time. All of the staff was eager to serve. The AC in our room was a bit cold but that was easilly controlled. The pool was open and clean, the hot tub was hot and not too crowded. We enjoyed our stay at the YO and will stay there again.

Room Tip: Only the suites have refridgerator & microwave
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank campmomm
Spring, Texas
Reviewed 11 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Y.O. Hotel in Kerrville for 5 days. We enjoyed seeing all the animals and artwork in the beautiful lobby. We ate several meals in their restaurant which was very good. We particularly liked this hotel and their rooms. We needed a wheelchair accessible room and the space provided in the room and restroom was sufficient. The tiled floors made it easy to get around. We will stay there again on our next visit.

McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 7 May 2012

A group of us stayed at this resort the last week in April. This is an older place. The rooms are a bit run down but very clean. The carpet in the hall ways are very worn looking. but loved the red clay tiles in the rooms. We upgraded to a king exec. room. The only difference in in our room and another was it was very large. lots of empty space. There was a mini refrigerator that kept our drinks only luke cool. The balcony was VERY small. So no sitting outside in the evening after a long ride. Was a little disappointed in the room. The pool area was great. Lots of places for us to sit around and visit. LOVED the deco in the lobby area!!! very beautiful...
We had the breakfast buffet coupons and enjoyed it very much!! the food was good and hot...We didn't visit the bar so can not comment on that.
Would I visit this resort again...Yes...the best part of it is its location....easy in and out and close to the downtown area and many of the resturants.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends