“Inexpensive, clean, & comfy”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Kerrville
Edinburg, Texas, United States
“Inexpensive, clean, & comfy”
Reviewed 11 January 2013

My husband & I stopped here on our way back home to the Rio Grande Valley. We called several places in Kerrville & all gave us an average price from $90-$120 + taxes. We like to look for either locally-owned motels/hotels, but instead opted for ABV Inn. We were very happy with our decision as it was half the price of the other major chains. Located off of the major highway, & close-by to several restaurants. Room was clean & comfortable. Breakfast included juice, coffee, milk, cereal, waffles, & pastries. Wifi is also included. Not bad for the price! You should definitely stay here if you are looking for a nice place to spend the night as well as stay within a reasonable budget. Staff was also friendly.

Room Tip: No elevator, so if you have lots of luggage ask for a room on the first floor!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Nice place to stay. Reasonably priced with very large TV in upstairs rooms. Restaurant out front and breakfast in the lobby. Friendly people and nice location. Micro, Frig, coffee pot. It's not the Hyatt but pretty cool. 'Dog' lot out back also.

Room Tip: Far enough from the road for all to be quiet but get a room in back and it's like being in the c...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Eagle Pass, Texas
Reviewed 18 September 2012

i definetely recommend this motel. We experienced a friendly staff and a clean room all weekend long. The pool was clean, wifi worked well and the beds were comfortable. we were upgraded to a room with a 46" hdtv, how awesome is that? Well worth the money spent, will visit this motel when in the area again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the 46" hdtv.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We paid for, and got, just a room. It was older and smelled faintly of smoke, though it was a non smoking room. The bed was fine for a couple of tired people. The breakfast area is tiny and in another building away from the rooms. There are two or three tables. We had to do a juggling act to get the food back to our room. The cereal and danishes were average and fine. The coffee was really bad, and I'm not picky or looking for Starbucks quality. The front desk staff were nice and easy to deal with. This is a place to stay if you are on a really tight budget. Otherwise, there are several much nicer places to stay in Kerrville.

Room Tip: This is a motel with doors that open to the outside. I felt safer on the second floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TexasBeachgoer1
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 25 May 2012

This motel is great! The staff is very helpful and I highly recommend this. The price is great, rooms are clean and a I would plan to stay here when I come back to beautiful Kerrville. I was relocated to another room after mentioning there wasn't a microwave or refrigerator in the room they gave me. I'm sure it was just an oversight or remodeling issue. The transfer to another room was an easy process due to the generosity of the staff. I highly recommend this place to anyone passing through Kerrville. Great staff and peaceful staying. They don't treat you like a number here.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank 164Logan164
Goliad, Texas
Reviewed 20 January 2012

This hotel/motel is conveniently located off of IH-10 and Tx.St.Hwy.16 in Kerrville, Texas. The owners/employees are very pleasant to deal with. I required a firm mattress and they gave me what I requested. I felt very relaxed and secure while staying here. My length of time at this hotel/motel was 6 months. I would suggest this hotel/motel to anyone that requires a convenient rate and accessability to restaurants and shopping. Managers - Steve and Leita, husband and wife, are wonderful people. Thank you all for the great visit - Carolyn Shelton

Room Tip: They conveniently have non-smoking rooms grouped together and smoking room grouped together.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Carolyn S
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 20 December 2011

DId a bid on Hotwire for a good rate for the "2 Star" hotels in Kerrville. When I found out I got this hotel I was a bit worried because of things I had heard. Unfortunately it was true. We walked in to a room that smelled like urine, had a huge pee stain on the bed that look like it was just covered up with the comforter and to top it off had a roach trap underneath the sink. The lady up front was nice about it and offered another room but after that experience I would not stay there at all. Its pretty cheap but soo not worth it. Please spend an exdtra 20 dollars to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Kerrville hotels