“Not bad. There are many positives, but some shortfalls that they can deal with easily, I think.”

Best Western Sunday House Inn
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Kerrville
Reviewed 13 July 2014

There are some important positives with this hotel but a few things that I feel they can address quickly. However, I can hardly claim to have exhaustively unearthed both since I only stayed one night.

First, the positives. One, the room I stayed was huge and my impression is that this is true throughout. As a solo traveler, this didn't affect me much, but this should be a benefit for a family. Two, the wifi was very reliable throughout my stay. While this may not seem like a big deal, unreliable wifi is quite common at hotels and motels everywhere (I had unreliable wifi at 3 of 4 hotels/motels I stayed on this road trip.) and it is a big relief to have good internet connectivity. Three, the breakfast is served at the adjacent Italian restaurant, made to order. This made for much nicer breakfast than at most other Best Western locations that I'd been to. In fact, I'm told that this restaurant is quite good and I wish I had an occasion to make use of that establishment other than for breakfast.

There are some negatives here. The first is the curious scarcity of power outlets. i found that the only place I could plug my electronic devices were in the bathroom. This seems to be something they could remedy easily. The absence of a mini fridge was also a bit annoying, although probably not that serious.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank h27kim

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We had a family emergency and we chose this hotel due to the Best Western rewards program we are participating in. The room was huge and clean. The breakfast is in the restaurant next door. It was nice, but know you will receive a bill for the beverages. Upon check out I asked if they would match a competitors price for a future date. She said she would ask and call me later that day. I never received a call. I have since booked rooms at a competitor incurring a savings of $125. For a small town they have a lot of hotels creating quite a bit of competition. Good for the consumer, right?

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ssbrowne
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Overall quality of the hotel was great. Keep in mind your are in TX and there are bugs, which we did find in the hotel room. The staff was quick to address our concerns. It was a pet friendly hotel and the room did not smell like wet dog - which was a plus.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Kelli D, Manager at Best Western Sunday House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thanks for your comments, hope to see you again.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Each time we stay in Kerrville, this is our pick of places to stay. Great, clean room. Comfy beds. Helpful staff. They are pet friendly. Convenient to the interstate and restaurants. They also have a great rewards progam which we utilize.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Free Breakfast, Not so good. Hotel is somewhat dated, but clean and nice. Hotel staff was very pleasant. Pool was clean. All of the windows at the hotel need to be cleaned. Parking is simple and easy.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

The stay is overall very nice - accomodation, office and cleaning staff, and breakfast. There is always room for improvement, like the pool, an unfriendly office staff, old AC. We stayed here once before in March 2014 and took a couple with us this time to celebrate our 10th anniversary. The weather was dryer and cooler than Houston. Near the hotel there is a great bbq restaurant, Buzzies, that we like a lot. Half hour to many wineries, art galleries, restaurants in Fredericksburg. We recommend Torre di Pietra (top the list with excellent music), Four Point, and Grape Creek wineries. Another 20 minutes drive to LBJ National Park with very good landscape and great biography and history on this president.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is our third stay at the Sunday House. It's an amazing value for traveling families! With the free breakfast, you can't beat the price and the breakfast is a hot meal, head and shoulders over the other chains. The swimming pool area is very nice and the pool a great amenity.