“They totally earned that gold medal!”

Comfort Suites - Kilgore
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Kilgore
Grandview, Texas
“They totally earned that gold medal!”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

This is a new property - only downside was not knowing where the drive to the property was located (FYI - the drive is shared with Chili's). The property is clean, comfortable, and still smells new. Free hot breakfast & wifi are included with the room and there is a pool, hot tub and fitness room. The room was nicely appointed and everything functioned properly. When I made the reservation at choicehotels.com, just for grins and to see if anybody actually reads the special requests, I flippantly stated that I wanted chocolate. I was pleasantly surprised to find Hershey's chocolate kisses and a lovely note from the staff on the desk in my room. Glad I didn't ask for a pony! Don't miss this east Texas gem!

Room Tip: I'd choose a top floor room in the future so people aren't banging around overhead.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank drsharna

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 2 December 2011

This is a new motel/hotel. Less than 3 years old and very nice. Water feature in the lobby, nice breakfast in the morning, listed a swimming pool (I didn't use it). All for under $80 (plus tax). In addition the rooms had very a very nice bed with a pillow top, small fridge and microwave.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank blackhole5
Weimar, Texas
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Great place to stay. Rohena (Manager) and Cher, Candace and Lucian (Front desk staff) make you welcome and see that you are comfortable. Rooms are good size, TV is great and location is quiet. Good place to go to after a long day of travel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank J W
Longview, Texas, United States
Reviewed 31 October 2011

My husband and I stayed here on our wedding night. Everything was perfect. Clean inviting lobby, clean room and sheets and a super comfortable bed. We made sure to get up for breakfast and I'm glad we didn't miss it. Sausage, eggs, biscuits, and gravy among many other choices and everything tasted great. The only thing I can complain about is the thin walls. After we went to bed (around 2am) we could hear the tv in another room. The next morning I was woken up by people talking in the parking lot. Other than that it was a nice stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kimberly J
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Me and three buddies traveled to Kilgore for a dirt race event at the Lone Star Speedway. This Comfort Suites was newly built and well worth the value for a 3 night stay. Beds were fantastic, breakfast was supurb, staff friendly, really made for an enjoyable weekend. Planning on going back in October and will be my location of "Choice" for any future visits to East Texas.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank TxOutlaw
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 2 April 2011

I went to Kilgore because it was the closest town to Overton, Texas, where the Texas AgriLife Research & Extension Center is located. What a nice surprise to find a hotel that has beds 'better than my own', and I have spent real $$$ money for my bed. Along with the wonderful bed came the excellent service and a hearty hot breakfast. I did not mind driving the 13 extra miles, long miles when you are tired and sleepy, just to think I would be sleeping in heaven, and being pampered with every consivable attention possible.
HEY, HOTELS IN HOUSTON, TAKE A QUEUE FROM THIS HOTEL.
VALUE, VALUE, VALUE, COMFORT, COMFORT, COMFORT.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank ramgad
Coleman, Texas
Reviewed 31 March 2011

I travel on business and live in hotels 5 days a week all across Texas and in several other states. Recently I returned to Kilgore and checked in to this hotel. I was greeted by name, with an apology that my regular room was not available.They remembered. Wow! They had another room that was just as nice ready for me. I was compelled to write this review in recognition of this fine hotel and wonderful staff.

In early 2010 I worked a 3 month project in Kilgore and stayed in this hotel and got to watch it ran. When the project was complete, I moved out of the area and on to other projects. No mater where I stayed, I longed for the comfort, conveniences and hospitality I had grown accustom to in Kilgore. Comfort Suites Kilgore is one of the nicest and definitely the best value hotel I have ever stayed in.

Location! Location! Location! The hotel sits back off of Highway 259 Business so you don't get all the highway noise like you find in many hotels. It's nestled in behind Chili's which is very convenient. Working late in your room? Give Chili's a call and they deliver to the front desk. Need to unwind a little? Walk over to Chili's for a drink, no need to drive. Great place to meet family, friends or collogues, then walk back to the room safe and sound. Walmart and CVS are also in walking distance,

Quality! Walk through the front door and you are greeted by creative, modern design, and a great smell. This place is always spotless. Every room in this house is a suite, spacious and plush. Although the hotel is a couple of years old, everything still looks brand new. Nice furniture, GREAT mattresses. Great Decor.

Relaxation! The hotel has a nice exercise room, and is also located in an area that has some very nice roads for walking and running for those who like the outdoors. I was running near the hotel early one morning and ran right up on 4 white tail deer. The hotel hosts a cocktail hour a couple of nights a week that invites guests out of their room to mix and mingle in front of a 50 inch TV. Don't be surprised if the general manager or owners stop in to visit and share in the festivities. They really know how to run a great business.

The Staff! Check in day or night, you want be disappointed. Committed. Professional. This 4 person desk crew lead by an energetic general manager is top notch. They all take pride and ownership in the hotel and go above and beyond to meet their guests needs and keep the hotel rated first class. They make it a point to know their guests. The "English gentleman" even remembered what news I liked to watch and would change to it when he saw me coming when no other guests were around. Wow! I have seen the staff cater to specific needs such as printed direction for wedding parties and special events, romance packages for Valentines and special occasions, favorite beverages at cocktail parties, etc. Truly amazing.

Value! I Have stayed in hotels for more then double what I pay to stay in this hotel and no where near this nice. Even without the Choice Points, this hotel is well worth every penny they charge. I am not sure how they can do all that they do for what they charge. I wish I could move it with me everywhere I go to work, and play.

Room Tip: Honestly, I don't think any rooms are bad.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank joemarine81
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kilgore
Hampton Inn Kilgore
#3 of 34 in Longview
Days Inn Longview South
Days Inn Longview South
#5 of 34 in Longview

Been to Comfort Suites - Kilgore? Share your experiences!