“Very good food, Good price”
Review of Jalapeno Tree

Jalapeno Tree
Ranked #6 of 57 Restaurants in Kilgore
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Reviewed 7 March 2013

I stopped in here for dinner, the restaurant is nicely decorated, it makes you feel welcome. I was immediately seated, which was nice, my server was a little quiet, but probably loud enough for most people, I just don't hear well. The service was quick, when I had eaten my bowl of guacamole, I was surprised when they brought a second one no charge. My drink never ran out, the food was hot and delicious, the manager stopped by to make sure all was well. I ordered the "Clint Eastwood" a grilled chicken breast covered in chili con queso with a cheese enchilada covered in chili gravy, rice and beans with guacamole. It was very tasty and generous portions, I was not able to eat all of it. If you are in Kilgore in the afternoon or evening I recommend eating here.

Reviewed 7 October 2012 via mobile

Delicious food, large portions, cute/fun atmosphere & great friendly service! Yummy! Free ice cream too!

Reviewed 19 September 2012

Iwas visiting kilgore and i stop a this place,to eat,and i asked for a beer they asked for my id and i showed em my passport,and they told me i has to be a texas id,thats sucks so the tourist are not welcome in texas?thats racism,they can get in a big trouble for that,hope the jalapeno tree corporate do something about this.of course i will never come back and tell all my friends that travel to texas dont go...

1  Thank Ricardo T
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Very Average Mexican Food. Nice folks. Clean. Basic menu. GREAT FISH TACOS! That about says it!

Reviewed 11 May 2012

Every time we go to East Texas, we eat at least one meal at this restaurant. I love their chilies rellenos. Most places batter fry a small chili pepper with a sliver of cheese in it. This place stuffs a large poblano pepper with either meat or cheese and batter fries it. They are delicious. The four of us ordered large dinners with soft drinks and one large beer (for me) and the bill with tax was a few coins less than $60.

This place offers Mexican food a little better than the average quality for a reasonable price.

Been to Jalapeno Tree? Share your experiences!