“Good Clean Hotel”

Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Killeen
Leander, United States
“Good Clean Hotel”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

When you first enter, there is a Strobe light in the lobby that is very distracting. However, the rooms are comfortable, clean and fresh. The bed was not too firm, but not mushy either. This hotel has easy access to the Highway and all the main places in town. The staff are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

james H, Manager at Hampton Inn Killeen, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
We are glad you liked the beds, they are new as we just upgraded the bedding system here. Thank you for your feedback, it is good to know that you had a pleasant stay with us and thank you for choosing us on your recent stay in the Killeen area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 January 2014

The best thing about this hotel is the wake up received once emerging into the hallways adorned in nothing but the finest bright neon colors that 1987 had to offer. Unfortunately - thats about the only thing positive to say about this property. It's amazing that Hilton allows their flag to fly on this property still. A guide to making the most of this property: 1) Upon reaching the front desk to check in, have a plan to rouse the weary front desk clerk from their safe haven hidden behind a wall in an office space behind the front desk. I recommend a hearty "hello, did y'all closed early this afternoon?" although a bull horn, bell, pots and/or pans, or even a cell phone call to the hotel main line phone 3 feet from you would likely all work also. 2) Come to breakfast early or late to avoid the mad rush for the highly sought after seating (and don't stare at the strobe light in the lobby while eating - it has been known to cause ill effects) 3) Bring an industrial can of febreeze, respirator or hearty supply of incense to combat the industrial adhesive smell which welcomes you back to your room because that fine rad neon carpet just HAD to be glued back to the baseboard in the middle of your stay. I fear what would have happened if that carpet had remained unsecured for one more day till I checked out - oh the humanity 4) Bring a wool base layer or heavy overcoat to remain comfortable after the carpet laying heroes turned your AC to category 2 & meat locker while you were gone to combat the industrial adhesive smell (for added fun - stay during a Texas ice storm, the frigidity in the room makes the sleet outside refreshing) 5) Trust me, when you sit on the bed and you're startled that you just sat on a small child, large rodent, or stray cat - fret not it's just the Hampton Inn trademark basketball filled downed lump sack, I mean comforter. Silly me 6) For the love of God - if you find yourself less than pleased with your stay DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT look around the shower hunting for more reasons to "love" this eden of highway lodges - you will very likely find short and curlys that you couldn't possibly have placed there unless you sent it forward to be pre positioned prior to your arrival (although that would be epic service!) -In reality, service of mediocre levels would have been greatly appreciated... Stay rad neon carpeted paradise!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

james H, Manager at Hampton Inn Killeen, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry the staff, facility and your stay were as upsetting to you as they were. I only wish you would have reported these issues so that we could have attempted to satisfy you better. I will be taking the liberty of refunding you for your stay with us. Thank you for choosing Hampton Inn.
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Loved the way that the hotel had been remodeled. The staff was friendly, the breakfast had a great variety, and the rooms were spacious and quiet. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that was traveling and looking for a inexpensive place to stay. I plan on staying again anytime I am in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

james H, Manager at Hampton Inn Killeen, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you for your feedback, we apprecite it greatly. We strive daily to provide the best possible stay for all of our guests. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to having you stay with us again on your next visit to Killeen.
Goodyear, Arizona
Reviewed 26 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Killeen, Tx twice over the Christmas Holidays. We were visiting family at two different times over the holidays and enjoyed this Hotel so much we chose to stay there on our return visit. They offer clean rooms,comfortable beds, friendly staff and a good breakfast. No complaints at all.

Room Tip: Located off the highway behind several restaurants so is convenient if you want to meet family at a...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
james H, Manager at Hampton Inn Killeen, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you for the feedback. Here at the Hampton Inn we work dilligently to provide the best possible guest experience. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time spent with us and we look forward to having you stay with us again.
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This Hampton Inn was at a good location near the interstate.
The lobby was clean and modern. There was a large funky chandelier light in the middle of the lobby. (photo attached)
There was a micro-fridge in my room which was nice.
Daniel at the desk was very pleasant.
I read reviews from others that their room was not clean. -- My room was clean...plenty of towels and hot water. (The shower curtain barley reached the tub enclosure...so, I had to "work with that" as I took a shower.)
The room that I had was small.
The rugs in my room were a bit dingy/worn, but they were clean. (That's all I ask for when traveling is clean.)
I would stay here again.
: -)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Eulalia_3
james H, Manager at Hampton Inn Killeen, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Thank you for the feedback. I am glad to hear that your stay was plesant and that you found our location to be convient. Thank you for choosing us as your temporary home. We continue to recieve great feedback on Daniel. He exemplifies the type of quality service that we provide to each of our guests.
Whitewright, United States
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Had to change rooms 3 times the first night....toilet not mounted to floor, Heat turned on due to cold weather and smoked the room up so bad that the smoke detector went off...and no one came or called to check if there was a fire. Staff never offered any kind of real appology.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

james H, Manager at Hampton Inn Killeen, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
I only wish you and I could have spoken before you left the hotel. I am sorry that you were issued a room not fully functional. I am glad that the staff was able to get you into a room that was more comfortable and fully functional, as we always respond to guest issues in the most efficient manor possible. I certainly do not expect for you to pay for that night and have already reversed the charges for that. I have emailed an updated receipt with the credit adjustments for your records. This incident was a rear isolated exception to the level of quality guest service that we provide here at the Hampton Inn. I do appreciate your feedback as it will serve as a useful training tool for myself and the staff so that we can improve our response to guest issues. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Jefferson City, United States
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Good Motel overall. Fair breakfast. Good location next to Mall. Staff was good no problems with the room or Staff. Lots of restaurants next to the motel. Close to Ft Hood but two dollars over per diem. I would and will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

james H, Manager at Hampton Inn Killeen, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear the location was good for your needs and that you had a good stay. We strive to provide the best possible service to each of our guests and we look forward to having you stay with us again on your next visit to Killeen.