“Nice clean room for the price”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
Ranked #19 of 33 Hotels in Killeen
“Nice clean room for the price”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We made a trip to Killeen from Leavenworth, Ks. To pick up a rescue Australian Shepard pup. We needed a place to stay with our dog for the night that would allow pets. Using my iPad I did a google search & started calling the ones that came up. The 1st call didn't allow dogs but transferred me one of their other motels that would, I talked to them & the cost was $139.00 +$25.00 for our dog. I called 2 or 3 more & 1 of them wanted a extra $75.00 for Bella. I finally called Rodeway Inn their charge was $15.00 for Bella & $54.00 for the room. I almost passed because I've stayed in some $50.00 motels while working out of town but it was getting late & I figured it was only for 1 night so I reserved a room. We got there and I was very pleasently surprised the room was very clean no odd odors in the bathroom. Best $50.00 room I've stayed in & much better than a few $100.00 rooms. This is the type of place I would've loved to find when working out of town.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Rnew7999

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Harker Heights, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My wife an I used Priceline to book a room in Killeen, and ended up getting stuck in this sh ithole. Like most everyone else stated, the hotel is located behind a gas station and a pizza place. The parking lot is full of Texas size potholes so be extra careful driving in. When we got to our room which was 115, we were overwhelmed with the smell of musty as s carpet. Come to find out if you use the AC it leaks water back into the room. The place was really filthy. The sheets were clean and actually smelled good. Maybe that was just because the person before me actually wore cologne or perfume, as I doubt they wash them everyday! The hotel is located near a train track so you constantly get to hear the train go by every 2-3 hours. Housekeeping is lame as hell. I actually saw one housekeeper with her kids there, and she was making them carry trash from one room. The rooms are very small and cramped. If you like being in the ghetto this is definitely the place to be. We saw two lot lizards working the hotel while we were there. Make sure you take your valuables in, as the hood rats are known to look into vehicles to see if there is anything worth taking. I would definitely recommend bringing a gun with you if you decide to stay. Good luck and consider yourself warned. After staying there one night I had a rash appear on my side. Most likely from the sheets. To those of you who are looking for a decent place to stay Super 8 in Heights has weekly rates which come out to $45/night. My wife and I are currently staying there and it is totally worth the little drive up the road.

Room Tip: Find another hotel if you are looking for a good room. Killen is a hood rat infested shi thole.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Killeen hotels

Arcata
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Just up overnight from Austin and this was convenient for my visit. Price was right. Comfortable bed and room. Front desk person was helpful with directions around town. Luckily I did not need a whole lot. It is a little inconvenient to find as it is off the street adn thru a funky parking lot next to a gas station. Not really a problem though.

Room Tip: There is a train track right behind the motel but it was not a real problem for me. I always travel...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Atlanta, Texas
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Despite the fact this Rodeway is located in an older, less accesible part of Killeen, I dont bother looking at the other hotel/motels. The first stay here in 2006 was all I needed to say Id found "my bed" when coming to Killeen. With many stays, staff is warm and ready to socialize at breakfast. Rooms are extremely clean. Rates are half of the military's lodging per diem. If you are visiting Ft Hood for business, I recommend this location highly. One point, one must drive to locate the more popular eating establishments. SFC C Cowgill

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Moore, OK
Reviewed 1 February 2009

Looks like I got about the same comments as other people staying here. I was on a business trip. Stayed for a week and room was only serviced about 3 days; no service on the weekends. Breakfast was OK, but I have stayed in cheaper hotels that had better. It is hard to find it from the road because it is slammed in behind a pizza place and gas station. Internet in room was intermittent. When I called the front desk, they had to reset the router about every day. It is close to Ft Hood if you have business there. Beds were hard with sheets that smelled bad. I would not recommend this hotel. They do have military discount at $45.99 a night; with taxes ends up being $52.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank tsgtmaddog
Delhi, Louisiana
Reviewed 5 March 2008

I was on a business trip to Fort Hood and decided to stay at the Rodeway Inn in Killeen TX. The stay was not HORRIBLE, but, it wasn't the greatest stay either. The staff was ok, the five minutes I had dealing with them. I had to change my booking and they were very accomodating. The motel is tucked behind a small restaurant and gas station, which makes it very hard to see. They were actually painting the lobby/office/breakfast area when I arrived and that gave me some hope. The room was ok, needs some repair work; like the light switch inside the door that was on, but it really didn't do anything. The smell of the room was horrible, especially since it was non-smoking. There was a king size bed, two nightstands, a medium sized desk, armoir w/ tv, mini frig (didn't work and smelled HORRID), hard chair and ottoman stuffed in a room approximately 16 x 16. So, with all of the furniture, there was a bit of a cramped feeling. The room was serviced daily and I came out with what I went in with. There was parking relatively close to the room and the exterior was clean; besides the repair work needed and the dirty ice machine. The location was...well, not good, Sure, I was ten minutes from Fort Hood...but, I was also in a very bad section of life. The other guests were loud (typical of migrant workers) and there was a train that ran right behind the motel. I heard police sirens nightly and didn't go outside after dark...including peeking out the door.

• Liked — The staff was accomodating to my stay.
  • Disliked — Location! Location! Location!
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 March 2004

We had an excellent stay at the Rodeway Inn. The Staff there was VERY helpful with directions and everything we needed and were patient with our ever changing schedule because of Military redeployment. The hotel is tucked away behind a restaurant which made it difficult to find the first day but is very close to Ft. Hood Gate and to any place we wanted to go. THANKS again Tina!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member