“Affordable, yet over-priced”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #22 of 34 Hotels in Killeen
Reviewed 10 August 2010

On the positive side----well, still waiting. On the negative side; here it goes.
1. Arrived at 11:30pm in the evening after a family event in the area. My stomach was very upset so I barely made it into the men's room next to the lobby. Reasonably clean but no toilet paper. Both dispensers were empty. The paper towels had the consistency somewhere between sandpaper and newspaper.
2. Go to room feeling very dirty and wanted to shower. Could not figure out how to get the water to come out of the shower head. Called wife for technical assistance. She could not figure it out either. She called the desk and was told there was a ring of some sort on the bottom of the faucet spout. By pulling it the water will run through the shower head. My son in the other room also could not figure it out so we revealed the secret to him. I suppose a little explanation or a diagram in the bathroom would not have been a bad idea, but, whatever!
3. Faucet leaked, listened to dripping all night long.
4. Tried to get online with my lap top. No success. Too tired to deal with it.
5. We were told that breakfast would be available until 10:00am because it was a Saturday. Well, everything was put away by 9:00 . After the staff realized the error in their ways, the food was placed back out on the counter. Even for a continental breakfast at an "affordable" motel this was something special; no spoons, butter, jelly, cream cheese and not even the regular "from concentrate" orange juice normally found at similar continental breakfasts. Instead, some disgusting orange drink was served.
6. Out of curiosity, took a peak at men's room to see if toilet paper had been re-stocked. NO.
7. After returning from town in the afternoon, my wife went to the lobby desk to make some inquiries. Since they could not fix the faucet, we needed to switch rooms. They also gave my wife the internet WEP keys to access the internet. Gee whiz, why didn't they give them to us when we first checked in?

Our experience is not over yet. We have another day and a half to see what other discoveries are in store for us. We would switch motels but we have time and fatigue issues. So far this motel reminds me of Turkish pensiones I used to stay at in the 70s while backpacking through Europe.

One final note: I checked the toilet paper situation in the men's room next to the lobby. NO TOILET PAPER

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank deridder59

Reviewed 28 November 2009

I thought this hotel was really nice and it was affordable , the staff was very warm and friendly and the rooms was really nice and cozy. I really enjoyed my stay here while I was visiting some family. I saw this bright red building off the highway and thought I would give it a look inside and I was very pleased, all I can say is just drive in and take a look, it will be worth it for sure!!!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mamilove86
Travellers also viewed these Killeen hotels
Scottish Inn Killeen
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#21 of 34 in Killeen
Travelodge Killeen/Fort Hood

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Quality Inn

Address: 610 E Central Texas Expy, Killeen, TX 76541-8988 (Formerly Royal Inn)
Region: United States > Texas > Killeen
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking
Ranked #22 of 34 Hotels in Killeen
Price Range: £39 - £57 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Quality Inn 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, getaroom.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Quality Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.