“Clean but nice staff undercut by poor management”

Amco Hotel and Suites
Ranked #27 of 33 Hotels in Killeen
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
“Clean but nice staff undercut by poor management”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

Very clean and the staff was friendly, BUT.. the safety latch on my door was hanging b hy one of it's four screws. At breakfast, the fruit bowl contained four all badly bruised.When I picked one up it's underside was on huge soft brown mass, with liquid leaking from a worm hole. When I gave this to the clerk she exclaimed in disgust but took no action. The buttes was a two-pound tub instead of individual packets; who knows how long it had spent out or what people had used to scoop out butter. When I asked for a replacement key, the clerk (who didn't know me) just cut one for me without even asking my name, much less looking at my ID. Hotel staffs don't act like this unless they are poorly trained and have clear signals that management doesn't care.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms were spacious and clean.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank tom b
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at The Quality Inn at Killeen. The people at the front desk were very sweet and helpful. My room was very clean. I am very picky when it comes to hotels. The sheets and towels were clean. Staff was very sweet and they went out of their ways to make sure my stay was enjoyable. I enjoyed my stay and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone without hesitation.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Diann L
Albertville, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

I stayed here from October 2nd thru December 15th while training at Ft Hood. The location was ideal as it was only a couple of miles from post. The owners (Sam and Shelia Punnan) was usually there when I returned and they were very friendly and enjoyed spending time talking about family, friends, pets or whatever subject came up. They held a Thanksgiving meal in the lobby and invited the guest to attend. They also had a small Christmas meal before I left coming home. The general manager (Gail Jordan) was always friendly and loved to talk College Football. Reggie,Sam and Shelia's son, worked some night and weekends is one of the mildest manner young adult I have seen in a long time. Every question was always answer with a "Yes Sir or No Sir", and you don't find that often. The rooms were very spacious with microwave and refrigerator. The only thing I noticed on the downside was the ice machine on the side I stayed on was out of order, but again I had a frig in the room.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Bill W
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2011

The Quality Inn in Killeen was pretty comfortable. I had read the reviews from this site and others and decided to stay here based on location. My stay was just like any other hotel I had stayed in before. The service was good and the rooms were large. I enjoyed my stay here and would recommend to others, but everyone has their own preferences.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Bradenton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

On September 13, 2011 I rented a room after being on the road for 10 hours. Getting there at about 7:00PM. Very tired. All I wanted was a clean room with internet. I was there to see my grandson before he deplys to Afganastan in Dec. After getting back from dinner at 11:00, I went to my room to get on the computer. After spending about an hour trying to logon, I went to the office only to find it wasn't even a wireless network. They said I should have brought a Ethernet cable. They handed me a cable. It was 1' long. I'd have to sit against the wall to use it. It was useless. When asked for additional pillows, they couldn't furnished them. When I left, the counter lady (Nydia) said that there was a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee and said that the manager would call me. Didn't happen either. I called the manager (Gail Jordan) a week later only to find out that they did drop the 100% guarantee and they wouldn't credit me anything back. They went on to say that I could have gone somewhere else that night. Who's going to look for a room at 12:00 at night. Very unreasonable.

Room Tip: Don't stay there, poor customer servics and no wireless
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Killeen hotels

Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

My stay at the Quality inn in Killeen, Tx was pretty good. When I walked in my room, I was happy with the amount of space provided. The room was clean and their were no bugs. The staff were informative and kind. The pool, as well as the breakfast, was great. I would recommend to others.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo