“Quality for an affordable price”

Amco Hotel and Suites
Ranked #27 of 33 Hotels in Killeen
Reviewed 12 September 2009

I enjoyed my stay at the Quality Inn in Killeen. Usually when I stay at a hotel the rooms are average size and minimal in terms of space but, average does not seem to describe this hotel. The room was large enough for 6 people. The breakfast was provided in plenty. The service and staff were exceptionally friendly. All in all, it felt as if I was staying at Holiday Inn with a Motel 6 price.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Amco Hotel and Suites

Reviewed 5 April 2009

We just PCSed here to Fort Hood. I made my reservation at the Quality Inn over the Internet ... and ironically enough, I partially based my decision on these very reviews.

It is now obvious to me that at least a few of the "reviews" on google must be fake, or at the very least very much slanted to accentuate the positive.

Here's my take ...

First the good: The staff was very friendly, the room has plenty of space, and the breakfast, while not as good as some other hotels I've stayed in, was not bad.

As for the rest ...

The location IS within a short distance of shopping and food, BUT more than one person who lives here, told us that it might not be safe to walk the couple of hundred yards to the 7-11 after dark. (enough said)

While the beds and furniture in the room were "adequate", describing this hotel as Quality actually strikes me as a little ironic. Just the whole feel of the room would probably be better described as "cheap".

The kids were disappointed because the Quality Inn pool is "closed for the season", yet we saw people swimming in the pools at other hotels just up the street.

The best part was, when we rented a movie and planned to hook up my son's xbox so we could watch it, only to discover that the TV in the room had no AV jack ... so, no movie.

Overall, if you're looking for an inexpensive place to stay, this hotel is probably not an awful choice.

But if you have options, and especially if you're getting travel pay from the military, there many nicer hotels here in the Killeen area.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2008

My partner booked this hotel directly because it was in perfect location right near Fort Hood. The suite we stayed in was well layed out and quite spacious. Breakfast was average. Overall pritty good hotel.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2007

My family and I had been traveling for hours and we needed some place to rest. We checked into the Comfort Suites in Killeen, but they were booked. The lady at the front desk recommended we stay at the Quality Inn and suites nearby, so we drove there. Upon staying at the Quality Inn and suites, my wife and I were overwhelmed by the reasonable pricing and kindness. We stayed at a two bedroom suite that was spacious enough for our family. We stayed there for one night and our stay was great.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank SophisticatedStyle
Reviewed 13 September 2007

Basic two-bedroom hotel room.

Heating and air-conditioning worked fine.

The beds were sufficiently comfortable - the bedding was "okay".

The tub never drained properly and I stood in six inches of water while trying to take my shower. I have to believe the housekeeper experienced the same when trying to clean it.

The Internet access was substandard. The wireless connection was always "low" and the Ethernet connection was not readily available on a regular basis - and the location of the outlet was in an inconvenient location.

I did not bother to try out the breakfast after experiencing the room, but wish I had after visiting the lobby when I was checking out and noticed the atmosphere was warm and inviting.

In the future, I will make plans to stay at the new Holiday Inn as recommended by my co-workers who reside in the local area.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2007

We had an excellent stay. The room we stayed in "King bed with sleeper sofa", was huge. This hotel was best price for what we got of all hotels we have stayed at while visiting our son at Ft. Hood. It is small hotel and fills up fast so be alert. The only complaint about motel is AC is louder than most ever other hotel I have ever stayed in so if AC noise bothers you then do not stay, but I like AC noise as it drowns out any outside noise that might keep you awake. However I had to turn AC off to hear TV. The staff were excellent, even when we made extra requests at 1 am in morning. I have no problem recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2007

The Quality Inn & Suites located in Killeen, Tx is by far the best hotel that I have stayed in. The service was great and the employees were friendly. The room rates were reasonably priced and the rooms were large and clean. The motel is located just minutes away from Ft. Hood gate and many of the several restaurants, which is a plus point. If anyone goes by there make sure you stay in the suites.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled on business