“a waist of money an trash”
Review of Motel 6 Killeen

Motel 6 Killeen
Ranked #21 of 33 Hotels in Killeen
Reviewed 10 August 2012

rooms were ok ac vey noisey but it was close to everything staff seem very wierd like they didnt know nothing ice box did not work at all lost all our food and they didnt nothing to replace it water was not to hot but will never stay here ever again!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 June 2011

I have heard nothing good about Motel 6, however, in an effort to save money, we decided to rent a room there anyway. Let me first state, the hotel itself was not beautiful. The lobby smelled strongly of cleaner, and the front desk was a mess of papers and files. The room was tiny and had a grimy feel to it, and the staff there was either completely incompetent or did not seem to care about anything.
There was one interesting situation that occurred that caused my friend and I to leave that very night. As we entered the lobby there was one man that was staring at us and watched us enter our room. We thought nothing of it until we received a phone call minutes later from a man asking if there were two ladies staying in our room, we asked who it was and he proceeded to hang up. After questioning the front desk they stated that he was just looking for some friends and they let him call our room. They cared more about keeping us from leaving than us feeling safe. Not only did this occur, but the peep hole in the door was blocked by tissues that appeared to be intentionally crammed into it, our window was unlocked, and there was zero feeling of safety there.
Suffice it to say, if you would like to feel safe during your travels, do not stay here.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank kelsea_smith_7
Reviewed 7 June 2011

The staff was terrible, the rooms weren't clean, and the a/c was so noisy that may keep you up at night. My advise would be to spend a few extra dollars on a real hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 7 February 2011

Stayed here the last weekend in January with some friends and wasn't to pleased with my stay. I've had many good stays at Motel 6 before but this one just didn't sit well with me. I'll explain the good first since there isn't much.

The location of this Motel 6 was in a great spot. You are literally surrounded by all the essentials of what you would want and need. This Motel 6 also has mini fridges in the rooms. This pretty much is all I have to say about it being good.

The bad. Right from the check in I had problems. My reservation wasn't in the computers, I had luckily printed out my confirmation from my online booking. They looked at it and then miraculously found a printed version of my confirmation in some paperwork next to the computer. This did not sit well with me but whatever I just wanted my room. Upon reviewing my confirmation email the girl at the front desk called up her supervisor because my rates were different then what they charge. The supervisor came out and would not give me my rate that I booked the hotel under. Supervisor flat out told me it's too low and I would have to pay full price. Uhh NO!! After some negotiating I got it to a middle price between what my online rate was and there full price. I was not happy. And had it not been very late at night I would have just cancelled and gone else where. Way to honor your reservations Motel 6.

I got my stuff and went looking for my room. The elevator is extremely slow so my friends and I went looking for the stairs. There were no signs telling you where the stairs were so we had to hunt down the stairs with no avail and ended up waiting on the elevator.

The inside of the hotel just seemed and felt unkept, almost as if they didn't really care about how it looked or came off. We got to our room and I was very surprised as to how small it was. I've been to many motels/hotels but this was by far the smallest. The room looked clean but somehow still felt dirty. I don't know how else to explain this. We had two beds and only one was comfortable. One of our bed's mattress was very noisy like if it was wrapped in plastic and felt like a deflated air mattress. The people who slept on it woke up with back pain and ended up sleeping on the floor instead. The bathroom was decent except the door to the bathroom had a broken doorknob and it did not lock. Also the drain in the shower was broken and was titled sideways which made for tricky foot placement in the tub because the drain was right in the middle. Where is the maintenance in this place?

The sleep at night wasn't great. I don't know if it was just bad luck for me but it was very noisy outside. I kept hearing sirens galore near by which led me to believe that we were near a hospital or police station. And come morning time people were revving there motorcycles and showing off stuff to there biker friends. Again I don't know if that was just bad luck or if this is a hang out for them.

Check out was very awkward. The check out time was 12:00 PM, we were packed and walked out our door at 11:00AM. When we opened the door we came face to face with one of the maids and her cleaning cart literally waiting outside our door. I have until 12 to leave so I don't see why they were already standing in the hall waiting for my party to leave when I still had an hour left. We had lots of bags so we had to make multiple trips, so somebody stayed back to make sure they didn't get in to the room until we were officially done grabbing our bags. On my trip back up to get the remainder of the bags I walked into an argument between one of the maid staff and who I am assuming was her supervisor. It seemed heated so I just got my stuff and got out of there as fast as I could. Never fight in front of your customers.

All in all I will never stay here again, and I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 November 2010

Please reconsider highly before booking a room at this particular motel 6. Not saying all of them have the same problem but this one is independently owned and it showed in the service. We reserved room online for two adults was given confirmation email on cost for$ 39.99 plus tax..no problem..arrived at hotel manager had just left..employee had to try to reach manager on the phone. Manager said price was $45.00 not $ 39.99 as was confirmed per our agreement at the time of reservation. When we requested that we be charged the amount that was agreed he became very irate and stated he would not make good on the confirmed amount because he was filing bankruptcy in February and closing motel anyway so he really didn't care. For us it was the principal that mattered not the amount. If you have to stay in that area right behind there is a Passport Inn Hotel for about the same price...Absolutely excellent!

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed 6 January 2010

As we got ready for bed late the first night after unpacking all our stuff, we found lots of ticks all in the sheets and mattress! After packing everything up and moving, we were given a tiny room where the air-conditioner would never get cold. Had to stay here 3 nights! Hated this place and swore I'm never going back. Also, it was EXTREMELY noisy - You thought someone was talking right outside your door, but they were actually on the other end of the building!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 July 2009

Reserved a wheelchair accessible room well in advance but when we arrived, the room they were holding was not an accessible room. Their story was that whoever had taken the reservation did not put down that it needed to be accessible. I made the reservation and was very clear about it. They had nothing else available. This seems to be a problem with motel 6 as it happened to my brother at this same motel and to me at 2 other Motel 6s. If you are in a wheelchair and can actually get the right room, they really are very nice. Good luck trying to reserve it, you're better off just showing up and seeing if it's available.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple