“Great little cafe in hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Killeen

Courtyard Killeen
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Killeen
Dallas, Texas
“Great little cafe in hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Miguel Ortiz made me a delicious asian chicken salad! Very fiends and good quality. Would eat there again for sure! The hotel was one of the nicer in the area and located right next to the mall and lots of dining which was very convenient

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nicole G, General Manager at Courtyard Killeen, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Leyla C,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are pleased that you had such a wonderful stay. Our associates take great pride in providing a quality experience to all of our guests, so I will be sure to pass your thanks along to the. Again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Nolanville, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I recently visited your hotel with a friend who is planning a wedding reception there. We met with your event coordinator Jan Morgan. She was extremely professional both in appearance and her attention to details.She gave us a tour of the hotel which appeared to be very clean and in good repair. Jan answered all of our questions and provided us with with an abundance of useful information. She followed up with several telephone calls and gave us some great ideas. We look forward to the reception and will recommend Jan and the hotel to our friends.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank teresa c
Nicole G, General Manager at Courtyard Killeen, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear teresa c,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are pleased that you have had such a wonderful experience during the planning of your friends reception. We agree with you that Jan is a wonderful addition to our team. Our associates take great pride in providing a quality experience to all of our guests, so I will be sure to pass your thanks along to the. Again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, as we take guest satisfaction seriously at Marriott. We hope to see you again soon.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

My room wasn't cleaned until 6 pm and the wireless internet wasn't working properly. very slow speed or dropped out signal.i found some bugs on bathroom floor . I wouldn't highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank dani m
Dear dani m,
Thank you for providing feedback on your stay at our hotel. I am sorry that you and your family were inconvenienced by the slow housekeeping service, the slow internet, and bugs on your bathroom floor. The Courtyard by Marriott in Killeen, Texas is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

The rooms were oversized and everything was updated. The beds were very comfortable and the staff was very nice. I would highly recommend this hotel. Lots of food and shopping very close to the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank softball12mom
Orlando
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Had a visit to Fort Hood, nestled in a small military town called Killeen. Like most Military towns, this is a chain paradise, surrounded by used car dealerships and tatoo palors, but the town is upscale compared to most and this courtyard (just off the "highway") was the best option. Parking is well lit and close. Hotel is clean with a newly renovated lobby and although dated, it was well maintained. Staff was professional, really liked the night audit, the morning staff was not as quick, but they were friendly. Could not beet the price, so if you find yourself between Austin and Dallas, Killeen or Neighboring Temple are a much preferred stay than Waco and this hotel was above par.

Room Tip: This hotel, sits on a hill and actually has a little view of the valley, I would ask for a high floo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Nicole G, General Manager at Courtyard Killeen, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear jerrythetraveler,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are pleased that you had such a wonderful stay while visiting the Killeen area. Our associates take great pride in providing a quality experience to all of our guests, so I will be sure to pass your thanks along to the. Again, thank you for taking the time to provide a review, we look forward to seeing you again!
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

October 2013, I met with a manager (David) to set aside a block of rooms for my April wedding. We were told we would be rewarded matching Marriott points for everyone who booked under our block and that transportation could be arranged for around $5/person, but he would let me know the exact amount shortly. We arranged to have a $10 transportation charge to be built into the room rate so my guests could have transportation to my ranch wedding; I would pay the remaining balance. The following month, I emailed inquiring about transportation and heard nothing. After the holidays (January), I once again emailed and called and was informed David was no longer with the company and was referred to Nicole. She informed me I hadn't yet returned the contract (I had never received a contract). I immediately received/returned the contract and Nicole messaged that she would confirm transportation. Fast forward to the month of my wedding. I received a call from Jasmin telling me the block of rooms would be released the following week. I asked her how many reservations she had and it was surprisingly low. I called around to friends and family, all of whom had already booked their rooms. As it turns out, when my guests called the hotel, hotel staff offered them a lower rate outside our block. Not only does this mean we wouldn't get reward points, we would also have to pay for the transportation 100% out of pocket! Most guests called and rebooked but, upon check in, the desk clerk had no knowledge of the matching Marriott points and said it sounded unlikely. The week before my wedding, I received a call from Jasmin, asking if I had confirmed the transportation (I had never received so much as a company name or phone number!). I called them and they had no knowledge of my reservation nor did they have an appropriate sized vehicle available. Panic. While I give credit for them not leaving us completely without transportation, they instead found a 57 passenger bus (we needed room for no more than 35) with a price tag of more than $800. Not pleased.

Additionally, my parents' wished to host a cocktail reception before the rehearsal dinner at The Bistro bar. We wanted to go from 4-6, have an open bar for our guests only (all hotel guests) and a few appetizers. I contacted Jan Morgan more than a dozen times through voicemail, having other employees place notes on her computer and email. The Tuesday before the wedding, I was in Killeen and my mother and I stopped in since I had never received a response from Jan. Jan met us and, quite rudely, told us there is no way we could have 30 guests in The Bistro because there wouldn't be room for other guests; we would have to have a private room for "only" $500. I do not think so. My fiance called Jan to inform her that all those present WERE hotel guests so we had every right to be in the bar area and would not get a private room. We simply wanted a way to identify our guests for the open tab. He advised her to have the bar stocked and ample staff since we're a festive crew :) Instead, the bar did not open until 4:45 and we ran out of nearly all beer and wine. Our group were the ONLY people there, no "other" hotel guests. Jan seemed to be too proud to actually just accomodate us and, while the bar COULD have had a tab total of well over $700, it was only $350. I guess Courtyard Killeen can just turn away business.

Finally, I booked a suite for 3 nights and, on the first night, was ushered into a teeny tiny "suite" with no natural light and a missing television in the living room. I called the next morning and asked to be moved because we needed a real window for hair/makeup Saturday morning. I was told all suites had the same layout and we could not be accomodated. I then asked if a higher floor had a "real" window (not an interior window) and was told no. Saturday morning, I asked if we could at least have a television brought in for the living room as the flower girls would appreciate being able to watch something while we got ready. I was told it was out for repair and they would change our room. We were moved to a HUGE suite WITH two large outdoor windows, two televisions and a kitchenette. Why lie to me?

The entire reason we booked this location was because of transportation, the bonus reward points and the ample bar space. None of these were even close to meeting our expectations. I have had pleasant experiences with other Marriott locations (and am still VERY interested in earning our matching reward points) but I will never stay at this location again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank MerMcC
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

This was our second time staying at this hotel. Just a hop skip and jump from DFW and a great place to get away for the weekend without spending a fortune.
Shaina who took care of us at the "Bistro" was great. Good food good drink! Very friendly and professional.
This is a upscale hotel very very clean and quite.
Web will be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Dyana_Henry,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Killeen was enjoyable. We agree that Shaina is an excellent member of our team and we will be sure to pass along your words of appreciation to her. Again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we look forward to seeing you again soon!