“Easily, the best hotel experience yet in Killeen”
Review of Courtyard Killeen

Courtyard Killeen
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Killeen
Carrollton, Texas
“Easily, the best hotel experience yet in Killeen”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Everything from the check in process to checkout was nearly perfect. The room was very spacious and well furnished, the bed was firm but comfortable and the shower stall was incredible. There is a Panera Bread restaurant opening next to the hotel soon which will only make choosing this hotel even easier next trip.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Nicole G, General Manager at Courtyard Killeen, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear Kurt G,

Good Afternoon! I would like to extend a huge "Thank You!" to you for taking the time to share your experience with everyone on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay and we are just as excited to have a Panera Bread here in our parking lot, which is due to open in just a few short weeks. We look forward to serving you again in the future. Thank you and have a wonderful week!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Norfolk
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This was my second business stay at this Marriott, and once again, I was thoroughly impressed by their service, atmosphere and amenities. Upon arrival, the front desk staff was incredibly friendly and lighthearted, even joking with my colleague and I as we checked in. We were a bit early for check in, but they found us rooms and checked us in. In addition, we had shipped equipment to the hotel the day before, and they were happy to hold on to it for us in their office until we were ready to pick it up the next morning.

As far as Courtyards go, this is one of Marriott's nicest: surprisingly in Killeen! Their lobby is beautifully modern and comfortable. A great place to hang out with a beer or a coffee (they serve Starbucks) from the hotel's cafe/bar. Also, their WiFi is free so you can get work done and check emails throughout the hotel, not just your room. This time around the breakfast was complementary with the room, which you order from their cafe. They had healthy options which I really appreciated and were delicious.

The rooms were clean, modern and spacious. I really enjoyed the king size bed (very comfortable), the nice seating area and the roll out desk/workspace. A big draw to me is how many easily accessible power plugs there are in a room, and thankfully they didn't skimp with multiple plugs on either side of the headboard and on the desk. Also, I loved the walk-in glass shower. It gave the bathroom a spa like feeling every morning.

Another key selling point to me was the pool and workout room. The workout room is moderately sized with limited free weights, but all the aerobic equipment is new with TVs on each machine. The outdoor pool was great and one of the reasons I chose to stay here again. It has a nice lounging area and is big enough to do laps in. While working in Killeen all week, a nice, relaxing swimming pool was a great luxury at the end of the day.

Overall, this is the nicest hotel in Killeen, in my honest opinion. Other colleagues of mine have stayed elsewhere and agreed.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the south-western side for a view overlooking the beautiful pool area
1 Thank TheCasualCook
Dear TheCasualCook,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are pleased that you had such a wonderful experience. Our associates take great pride in providing a quality experience to all of our guests, so I will be sure to pass your thanks along to the. We truy appreciate your review by such a seasoned travelor.Again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, as we take guest satisfaction seriously at Marriott. We hope to see you again soon.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Rarely do you leave a hotel remarking with your colleagues that that was the best property in the chain's portfolio. But I found it, and it's in Killeen, of all places. Modern look and feel, decent little cafe in the lobby, suitable workout room. My only complaint would be the coffee bar - 8 pumps of syrups is going to kill any flavored latte! But they'll learn. Overall - one of the few properties where I've felt inclined to seek out a manager to tell them how impressed I was.

Room Tip: Stay in the north wing to avoid highway noise.
Dear STLSooner,

I would like to extend a huge “Thank You” to you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am absolutely thrilled to hear that you believe we are the best in the very large portfolio of Courtyard's, and I truly appreciate your kind comments from such a seasoned travelor. I am however sorry for for the extra pumps of syrup you received in your coffee. Again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

In attendance of a nearby event, the Courtyard Marriott was a great location for each itinerary stop!
I love the professional staff and luxury feel of the rooms.
The decor made for great selfie photos, and the living room atmosphere of the lobby gave everyone in attendance that 'at-home' feel.
We will book it again in the future!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear DeAnna S,

I would like to extend a huge “Thank You” to you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay and that you enjoyed the atmosphere! Our associates take great pride in providing a quality experience to all of our guests, so I will be sure to pass your thanks along to them. Again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Longview, Texas
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I don't know what this hotel used to be, but it's not like the rest of the courtyards I'm used to staying in. The rooms are quite nice and spacious, and the pool area is very nice. I didn't get that warm inviting feeling as I do when I walk into most courtyards and townplace. The ladies in the breakfast area were very nice, I really didn't have much interaction with the rest of the staff. They really didn't make much of an effort to greet guests as they walked through the lobby or even smile and make eye contact. Killeen has a lot of hotel options, and even many marriott options, the small things make a difference in such a competitive marketplace.

Room Tip: Don't as for the top floor during the summer, stayed quite warm.
1 Thank mike w
Nicole G, General Manager at Courtyard Killeen, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear mike w:
Thank you for providing feedback on your stay at our hotel. I am sorry that you felt our staff was less than hospitable. The Courtyard by Marriott in Killeen, Texas is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.
Killeen, Texas
Reviewed 17 July 2014

As a Soldier always traveling I enjoyed my stay at the Courtyard in Killeen. I have been in many hotels but as soon as I entered I was warmly great by Kendra. Dealing with her at the front desk was great, my group and I had a stress free check in. I will make sure I check into this hotel for my future trips to Killeen, Texas.

Dear Chris M,

I would like to extend a huge “Thank You” to you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay. Our associates take great pride in providing a quality experience to all of our guests, so I will be sure to pass your thanks along to Kendra! Again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Great hotel! I stayed here for over 50 days and could not be more satisfied! The staff was very nice and friendly - Nicole, Kristen are the greatest and Shaina was good too! You should stay here!

The hotel also gave me a great rate. I was TDY at fort hood, and it is also very close to base. The mall is right across the street, and there are plenty of restaurants near by. The hotel also has a restaurant, which was very convenient.

• Stayed July 2014
Nicole G, General Manager at Courtyard Killeen, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear MattyB33,

Thank you for your review of our hotel! We are pleased that you enjoyed your extended stay with us! Our associates take great pride in providing a quality experience to all of our guests, so I will be sure to pass your thanks along to the. Again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, as we take guest satisfaction seriously at Marriott. We hope to see you again soon.