“Outregeous”

Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Killeen
Fort Drum, New York
“Outregeous”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Well we are currently still at this hotel. As far as the actual facility it is surprisingly really nice given the location (neighborhood not to appealing on the eyes ) but at the same time very convenient to get around. The rooms are EXTREMELY SPACIOUS everything they have provided in the rm was very nice as well they thought of everything for long term stays this honestly would be a perfect place to stay you can't go wrong!!!! The staff was very friendly the evening girl she helped with all my questions and wasn't rushed about it ! What was shocking was We have 2 different rooms in this hotel. I made the reservations separately for each room via online . The main reason we chose this hotel was because it was "pet friendly" EXCEPT for the pet fee ABSOLUTELY not friendly at all I was shocked that the pet fee with tax was actually more then the rates on either of our 2 rooms we have wow even with being a IHG rewards club member!!! My k9 kid is only well barely 5lbs maybe the weight of a bag of sugar and it cost us $85.00 for him to stay here !!! That isn't very pet friendly at all!! It's not like he's actually would be left in either of our rooms unattended for any reason for any period of time !!!! A pet deposit of that amount understandable of course a business has to cover their butts just incase any discrepancies may happen but a pet fee at that amount. Ridiculous !!!!!!! That would honestly be the only reason why we wouldn't stay at this hotel again is because of the really high pet fee!

Stayed July 2014
Jen M, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Killeen - Fort Hood Area, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us comments on your stay. We appreciate the feedback. I am so glad that you enjoyed the spacious room and convenience of the location.
I appreciate the comments on the pet fee. The one time fee covers our cost of having an outside company come in after a pet room checks out to fully clean the carpets and drapes etc...
With having pet rooms we have to make sure all hair is removed in case the next guest is allergic to pet hair. I am sorry if the fee was not explained in detail at the time of making your reservation. Our hotel opted for the one time fee versus how many hotels charge a daily fee per pet.
I hope you will stay with us again and please feel free to reach out directly to me to discuss the pet fee more in detail.
Thank you again for staying with us.

Best Regards,

Jen Huber

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

The employees and staff were among the best and most courteous we've ever seen. Great hospitality. Only downside is we wish there was a continental breakfast, but the fact there was a stove, microwave, fridge, dishes, and a dishwasher in the room made up for that.

• Stayed July 2014
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is nice and quiet, snack is available for purchase in the lobby, the hotel is Eco friendly. Short driving distance from most stores and food places. Located about 13 min from fort hood, serve the military community and pet friendly

Stayed June 2014
Wichita Falls, Texas
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Staff is very kind and courteous, Jeanne was very polite and helpful with anything I needed during my stay. Christine was also very polite and helpful. The beds were comfortable and condition of hotel is excellent.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I needed a card mailed. A young man by the name of Rico mailed for while a was at work. Anytime I needed something your employees would help me out. Christine who works at night would send my faxes with no problem I really appreciate everything that your front desk helper would do for me

• Stayed February 2014
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Reviewed 16 November 2013

The staff was very helpful and understanding of all the needs of us. My favorite was Christine that helped me through my 3 month stay. She is very motivated and very pleasant. During my stay, she had a birthday that reminded me of my daughters. I would definitely stay here again.

John Mahon

Room Tip: Ask for Christina.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Hurst, Texas
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Great business location near Ft Hood. Best staff, that always remember me by name. Quick and easy check in with Rico. They always take care of everything and provide you with a safe and comfortable stay. Rooms are clean and well maintained.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dorene B, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Killeen - Fort Hood Area, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Thank you for your feedback and choosing Candlewood Suites to be your "Home away from Home." I am pleased that Rico helped make your stay a great one and will be sure to share that with him and the other team members. We look forward to seeing you in the future.