“Just misses with a few small things.”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Killeen
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Just misses with a few small things.”
Reviewed 23 March 2012

We stayed at this Sleep Inn for 4 nights in February while visiting our sons family at Fort Hood. We chose this hotel due to our Choice membership, and the fact it was priced very well for this area. Each time we come to Killeen, I am surprised by the steep pricing here. For this brand of lodging, this place is exceptionally nice. The breakfast changes daily, and the menu is posted at the front desk, something I have not seen in any other place we have stayed. The rooms were clean, quiet, and very comfortable for us. The wi-fi worked great too.
We have stayed at much more expensive places in this area, and other than stuff we do not need, Ie. pool, huge lobby, bar, flat panel TV, etc, the decor here is as nice as any. Since we come to be with family, we mostly sleep and breakfast at our hotel, but do not use other amenities much. The staff is very friendly, and helpful as well.
A few small things could bring this to a 5 in my opinion. The pictures in the nicely decorated room were very crooked, and could not be moved to straighten. (I know picky, picky, picky! But it was just something to me that said not a 5!) Also, the desk chair was torn many places with the stuffing sticking out, again, not a Huge deal, but an inexpensive fix to make the room super. The club chair in the room was also quite stained, another easy, inexpensive fix.
Actually, my only complaint is that the facility is non smoking, but we could smell smoke strongly when exiting the elevator. I have spoken with many desk clerks that tell me people gladly pay the $150-$250 fee to clean a room with smoke, and puff away anyway. I do not see this as the hotels fault, but as rude guests.
The location of this hotel is between 3 other budget hotels, and behind a Walgreens, so it is a busy area, but would get my business again, anytime we come to visit.

Room Tip: Top floor back is very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Seniorcoupleluvtogo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 19 November 2011

Wonderful hotel centrally located. Great staff, very friendly, always said hello with I entered the room/hotel and even when I got off the elevator! The hotel and rooms were very clean and in good shape. The breakfast items changed daily and were very ample and with lots of choices. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank greenmang
San Francisco
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Was looking around for a Comfort or Quality inn and someone suggested this place to me even though my business was 20 miles east in Temple. Nice and clean Sleep Inn with the upgraded furniture. Good bathroom and the lighting was decent too. Mattress was very comfortable and the window in the room opened for fresh air.

Two things lacking were a flat screen TV and the carpeting needed a quick shampoo. Not spotty or anything... just a tad dusty. Franot desk staff were great and their WiFi ran real well.

Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Was on the second floor overlooking the front of the hotel. Morning sun, but I like that.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank WangCung
Little Elm, Texas
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Was offered a great little suite that came equipped with nice furniture, great bed, roomy bathroom, and a window that opened. WiFi worked great and the staff took perfect care of me during my 3 day stay. Slept like a baby.

Breakfast is standard Choice Hotels fare. Always fresh here though. Decent coffee. Lobby has a computer and printer that always worked.

Would stay here again in a heartbeat. Walking distance to restaurants and a huge grocery store too.

Big thumbs up!

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor as it gets a lot of traffic. Third floor is all smoking. Second is the place t...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank ChakaBoi
Leavenworth, KS
Reviewed 1 July 2011

We stayed at this property while waiting for our son to deploy. The rooms were clean and well maintained and the staff was friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the breakfast eacy day which included a warm dish that varied from day to day. When our son returns to Ft. Hood we are planning to stay here again. A very positive experience and even better since we used our Choice Hotel points to book it!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank SKLKCK
Louisville
Reviewed 25 August 2010

This hotel is just okay. It appears to be clean (no bed bugs - I checked). The furnishings are old and in need of replacement.

I wouldn't bring a client to this hotel. But the food was good and the staff was nice and the internet is fast and free.

Overall, it was just so, so. I would recommend other hotels in Killeen, but not this one. If you are looking for a really cheap deal, then this place is for you.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Killeen, Texas, USA
Reviewed 15 June 2010

My husband and I stayed briefly at this hotel while he was PCSing to the Fort Hood area. I was a little dissappointed, we had stayed at the Days Inn a few days beforehand, and decided to try another one. This one let us down in comparison, but it was still a nice hotel. The room was clean, but one of the chairs in the room has a tear in it, and it looked bad. There was no DVD player, which was very dissappointing since Days inn had one. It did have a nicer, bigger bathroom, and a nice leather chair and desk. So if you were using it for business, then you get what you need. The wifi was a little troublesome to figure out, but luckily my husband was able to figure it out for me. It was a decent visit, but for the money, I think I would rather stay somewhere else. You could also hear everything from the restroom in the room, as well as any doors outside of ours being opened or closed.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple