“Ridiculous Charges! Must Read! Being completly honest!”

WoodSpring Suites Killeen
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I've stayed at Value Place twice with my fiancé. The rate was about 300 after taxes with a 100 deposit fee. When had checked out, our stay was okay, BUT we never got our deposit fee back. No reasoning or call to say why. We didn't realize they never returned out deposit until we stayed the SECOND TIME!

The second time experience was ridiculous. Same pricing, same deposit fee. He is in the military so when he is gone, there is Nothing to do. The hotel doesn't even have a lounge area, so I seriously stayed in the room all day. They have a lot of "extra fees". Internet, dishware, extra towels etc.

My biggest problem was when we checked out they charged us for DIRTY TOWELS. They give you one towel per person and one wash cloth for your entire stay. Now I had washed them once throughout the week. They had examined them and said they were stained. I had make-up on the towels. Anyone who has a brain knows you wash them, it comes right out. if I had of know they needed to be returned clean, I would have done so. The towels were white, so you know they put a cup of bleach to take out any stains. My fiancé asked them if they are going to reuse the towels! They openly said yes we charge you, clean them then put them for the next family staying.

They also give you a towel as a bathroom mat, that's bound to get dirty. They tell you it goes on the floor as you exit and enter the shower. How cheap!

That's how this place stays in business. Location is shady and if you watch the news, shootings happen 5 mins away.

Don't be fooled by the price at first, take your family somewhere safe, and keep your deposit in your pocket!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Emily1258

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Value Place Killeen is a great extended stay hotel! The rooms are equipped with kitchenettes with full sized refrigerators and 2 burner stoves. Very clean, secure, modern and nice. The staff was awesome!!! I stayed there for 5 months and I'll definitely stay there again when I get back to Killeen. Thank you to the staff and management for making my stay excellent!

Jason

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This was a nice place to stay for the week. It is more like an apartment than a hotel. It was clean and very well kept. It is easily accessible & in a great location. I had read several bad reviews & was a little concerned about staying there but my son checked the place out prior to making reservations. If I have the opportunity to visit Killeen again, I will most likely stay at Value Place again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank LLSchuck
Reviewed 25 July 2013

This Hotel is designed for extended stay at a reduced rate, but when you play the extra charges for things that all the hotel in eyesight provide for free it is no longer a value. They charge extra for internet (that did not work until my last night of my 10 day stay - I complained each day and each day was told "TimeWarner Cable is working on it.. sorry"), towel exchange, a coffee maker, and dishes. The beds are not real beds, they are foam Mattress on a stand. The "closet" is a wire mess shelf and bar in the corner of the room, and the plug in kitchen (for the coffee maker you pay extra for) is place directly above the stove (so you cannot have anything plugged in and cook on the burner at the same time). The staff is nice and freindly, but for the value I should have just stayed that Fairfield or Courtyard for the same amount.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Mike F
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I was really conflicted about staying at this hotel because all the reviews said this place was terrible. My husband was stationed at Ft.Hood (we haven't applied for housing yet) and was preparing to go to Afghanistan, so my 3 month old son and I needed a place to stay for 2 weeks without breaking our budget. This place was by far the cheapest extended stay hotel we found. I saw the reviews about the smell and the dirt, so I prepared by bringing Lysol wipes, febreez, carpet powder and a vacuum, a mop, our scentsy warmer, and our own sheets/blankets. The only thing I ended up using was our blankets and the scentsy. We got the smallest room possible, but it was perfect for the three of us. We had enough room to set up a pack-and-play for our son, store all his luggage that he needed to take with him, and our own luggage for the 2 week trip. The entire place was surprisingly clean, there was a faint smell but it wasn't a dirty smell, the AC unit worked perfectly, the stove top, microwave, and fridge were all fully functional and spotless! The only thing I have to complain about was the lack of luggage carts, but the staff was very very nice, one guy even helped me load up my car after my husband left. I would definitely recommend this place!!! Please try it, the other reviews are extremely deceiving!! For all the military families, it's literally 5 minutes away from the Bernie Beck Main Gate if you head west. It's also very close to the movie theater, the mall, walmart, HEB, and tons of restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah A
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I will admit that my stay here at Value Place in Killeen Texas is very pleasant. At first I was very skeptical because of the reviews, but to this very day I have no regrets. Value Place in Killeen was recently renovated and under new management. The staff is very professional, courteous and friendly. The room is very comfortable, clean with all the commodities I need. This place is excellent for a short or long term stay. Another important factor is the price, "Very Affordable". I highly recommend Value Place for military and DA personnel on TDY, PCS move's or for vacation visits. I will be here for an additional month which will conclude my stay in Texas and returning to Germany. In final, I give my compliments to Value Place manament and staff for making my stay very pleasant. Thank you.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ROYGER
Reviewed 10 February 2013

I was PCSed from Eglin AFB to Ft. Hood (for those who dont know, Ft. Hood is in Killeen). When i got to reception they told me they didnt have any Geographical batchlor barracks (Im married, but my wife isnt with me), which is a little odd compared to other posts. I was directed to the on post hotel by one of the senior NCO's. After talking a bit with a SGT who worked at the staff duty desk in the barracks, he directed me to this place. I have to say, very nice place. Everything is clean and new. Talked to some of the maintanence(sp) personell and found out that it had just recently been renovated and was under new management. I was given a tour of the rooms and what the different options were, and was told exactly how the bill would be broken down. And it was only 7$ a day for internet, and the internet was just as good as some i've used in bigger name hotels. Never had any issues, very safe place, everything in the room was clean and well kept up, and everything worked fine. I'm not sure about these other reviews, but it cant be the same place. Perhaps they got the adress wrong. Either way, as this place is very well kept and cheaper than on-post hotel, i highly reccomend it if your PCSing and need temporary lodging. Only 10 mins from post and they know how to break the bill down for when you have to turn it in for reimbursement. Highly reccomended, and i will be sending any soldiers i have come in there in the future- SGT Sparks (Room 401)

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business