“Just okay...but correctly priced - below $100”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in Killeen
Cape May, New Jersey
“Just okay...but correctly priced - below $100”
Reviewed 2 May 2009

I spent a week at the comfort suites, killeen TX during a business trip. I dont enjoy going to Killeen, so if I had the choice Id stay in a finer hotel to make my trip worthwhile, but since the company I work for booked the hotel, I made the best of it.

The comfort suites is new but its "just okay". Its a mid-class hotel which has a very casual feel. Most of its guests are mostly business travelers, military troops passing through (mostly army), and some aircrew from the local airport.

It sits on one of the main busy highways in town and doesnt look like the best construction. The walls are thin (as I walked down the halls a few times I could hear people talking in their rooms. I could also hear a new guest above my room moving their luggage in). There were gaps in some of the the bathtub tiles; I'm wondering if water will start to seep through behind the walls, but that's not my concern as a guest. Its just not pleasing to see.

PROS:
1) The hotel does offer essential ammenities such as a free hot breakfast every morning. (eggs are pre made & you serve yourself buffett style. If you dont eat pork etc, you may not be able to enjoy them.).
2) There is also FREE in-room wireless service, which is a plus.
3) The staff seemed very friendly and down to earth. Kudos to them.
4) Fairly priced; the room rate was below $100 for a "suite" with a king bed, seperate living pace, microwave, mini fridge, and desk area.

The price is why my company selected it. But again, this hotel is nothing fancy, and if I was paying, Id choose a different place to stay.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank nittanyliones

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Harrisonburg
Reviewed 8 February 2009

This motel is VERY supportive of the soldiers and their families, offering excellent discounts. My 2 sons and I stayed at the Comfort Suites for 2 nights. We had stayed at another motel in Killeen for 3 other nights. Sure wish I would have booked my entire stay here! All staff were top notch, friendly, helpful and accommodating. The rooms were spacious, quiet and comfortable. Their breakfast was excellent.

My oldest son was deploying to Iraq the last day of our stay and they extended my checkout time to accommodate us. We will definitely stay here next year when he returns from Iraq!

• Liked — The spaciousness of the rooms and the price which included a hot breakfast
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
Georgia
Reviewed 11 January 2009

My husband and I stayed at this Hotel for 3 nights, we stay at several hotels during the year and this was the most friendly staff I have ever seen. The maids were wonderful, our room was so clean, the front desk staff always said Hi and had a warm smile when we came in to the hotel, the lady doing the breakfast was so helpful and friendly and again had the sweetest smile on her face every single time we saw her. For the first time ever at any hotel I checked out and the manager was the one checking us out and she was soo friendly, couldnt have asked for a better stay, will stay again and hope that the staff is always there when we return.

• Liked — The Breakfast
  • Disliked — The location..was a little hard to find
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
Kingman
Reviewed 1 November 2008

We have stayed at this hotel 3 times while visiting our son at Fort Hood. We have been pleased with the experience. We are curious as to what kind of mattresses are used as they were very comfortable queen size beds.

• Liked — mattress
  • Disliked — pool
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Armyparents
Bozeman, MT
Reviewed 13 May 2008

The Comfort Suites in Killeen was excellent. The hotel staff was beyond helpful and professional. Our room had two queen beds and they were very comfy with nice bedding and comforters. The room had a couch, flat panel tv, microwave, sink, frig, and computer work station with comfy chair. Very elegant decor in the rooms and a nice outdoor seasonal pool that was clean and refreshing. Outdoor lounge chairs by the pool and a umbrella to keep out of the sun if desired. The continental breakfast was superb. Eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits and gravey, bagels, cereal, juices and milk, waffles, fruit, yogurt etc. The nice lady in charge of the breakfast was awesome and went the extra mile to make our breakfast very enjoyable. Nice front desk staff also helped us send and receive some faxes and perform some other business tasks. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the central texas. The hotel is also close to about 10 great restaurants(buffalo wild wings, olive garden, tgi fridays, red lobster, boston market, a couple steakhouses etc). All of these restaurants are located within two miles of the hotel.
Kudos to the management and staff of the Killeen Comfort Suites Hotel!! Great job and see you soon.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank montanafirefighter
motherofnoah
Reviewed 25 March 2008

Our stay in this hotel was for 7 nights. It was great!! The workers are all very friendly and helpful. The maid service was awesome. The lady that cleaned our room was amazing. I rarley am completely satisfied with this stay. I am rarley pleased at any hotels I have stayed at in the past, but this one was different. I would highly recommend it. The price is worth the stay!!!!!

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank motherofnoah
kentucky
Reviewed 23 January 2008

We were at this property for the second time in seven months, and while the facility is new and for the most part clean, it is NOT safe!!!!! We locked ourselves in our bathroom while the son of a guest (per hotel management) tried to kick in our door after having shattered the window at the end of the hall, trashed the lobby, and apparently broke into another room while the occupent hid in the closet. The worst of it being that the management lied to us,saying that he didn't actually break into another room, and we weren't really in danger!!!!!! (A far different story than appeared on the evening news) After having to fill out police reports at 4;30 A.M., and looking at the footprints on our door, one would think that maybe the hotel could compensate for at least one nights' stay (we had 5).... not the case and all while we were waiting for our soldier to return from Iraq!!!

The lobby is not locked after hours and was staffed by a young woman the night of the "incident".....

There are lots of hotels in Killeen. Choose another one!!!!!

• Liked — our maid
  • Disliked — management
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank mredvet

Travellers are raving about these Killeen hotels