“Used too be much better”

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen
Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in Killeen
Dallas, Texas
“Used too be much better”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The hotel is aging and needs updating. It has nice rooms but they new bedding. The mattress was old and sagging badly in need of replacement. Cheap amenities. I have stayed here for years and it is going downhill. The owners need badly to spend some money on the place. Things are wearing out. Breakfast was fair. Attendant did not keep up. Cheap food selections. Sweet rolls were ice cold. I guess they did not get them thawed it time.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bob H
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Thank you for taking your time to give us this review. I am sorry your stay wasn’t as good as it could have been. My staff and I are working to make improvements in the areas you mentioned. Please return and check our progress. Sincerely, R. Wood – General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Katrina at the front desk has made our stay more pleasant than it otherwise would have been, she is very focused on customer service. The lady that serves breakfast is delightful. I haven't found housekeeping to be very thorough, however.

• Stayed July 2014
Thanks for letting us know about the great job Katrina did in explaining the Shilo experience for you. We look forward to your niece’s birthday in the fall. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. Sincerely, R. Wood – General Manager
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I'm not sure about others but I will def say that the amenities, the room, and just the over all experience has been delightful. I have tried everything from their restaurant, bar and all the way to the laundry room. It has been an ideal experience and truly one that I will have again and again just as a small get away from everyday life. The general manager graciously showed me and my fiancé +our 4 year old to the restaurant and even got us the waitress. He was kind and very great company. I would def suggest this place to others! The convenience of the indoor pool was truly enjoyable. Every staff member including the people residingg at the hotel were all friendly, smiling and just all in all enjoyable to be around! Out of all the hotels in this area I would most likely suggest this one hands down!!

Christine J Callahan

1 Thank ChristineJCallahan
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
I am glad we exceeded your expectations. It was my pleasure to escort your family to “The Mark” restaurant. I hope you will return frequently to experience our “Affordable Excellence.” Sincerely, R. Wood General Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I visited this hotel while visiting my grandfather and their staff is amazing. Katrina made my check in amazing and Danielle and Yaddie brightened he lobby with their welcoming personalities. They made my children feel extremely comfortable and made us feel "at home". Great experience

• Stayed July 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write your review. Katrina, Yadi, and Danielle make quite a welcoming impression. Their smiles will brighten anyone’s day. Please come back to see us again. Sincerely, R. Wood – General Manager
Killeen, Texas
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I want to thank the front desk clerk, Katrina, for all the info she gave me about having a sleepover for my teenage niece at the Killeen Shilo. That hospitality suite sounds like fun! I got lots of info about what we could do, the pool, the continental breakfast, We can even bring our own Cake. I will be booking Her party in the fall. Thanks Miss Katrina.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Longview, Texas
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I travel more than 250ngts a year. My company unfortunately stuck me in this "hotel" three times in the last month (after speaking to our travel coord, never again). From not having my reservations correctly to the rude front desk staff in the morning to the gross rooms/suites, it has been a disaster staying here. The last time I was here there was some kind of motorcycle rally and the group played loud music until 0300 and when i called the front desk they told me i could move...at 0300? NO. THIS WAS THE MIDDLE OF THE WEEK! I don't know how this place stays open alienating their business travelers but I will do EVERYTHING in my power to ensure NOONE from my company or otherwise has to stay here. The nicest people on staff are the gentleman mopping the floors in the evenings and the wonderful lady in the breakfast area. Give her a raise, fire housekeeping supervisor and gm. I'll be glad to see this place close.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else! You'd get better sleep in your car!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank mike w
I am sorry your stay was so disappointing. I will work with the Front Desk staff to assure that no one s treated like that again. I will also make sure that the outside noise is controlled to ensure our guests may quietly enjoy their stay. Thank you for your comments. Sincerely, R. Wood – General Manager
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I am a business traveler and travel 4 to 5 days a week. I have started staying at this hotel due to some of the features the hotel offers. A reservation was made and confirmed for 7/7/14. Upon my late arrival there wasn't a reservation found for me. I got a room and checked in. Went to dinner and then came back to the room to get some sleep before a long day of work. I noticed that the sheets were dirty and there was orange vomit on the wall in the room. The next morning when taking a shower the tub would not drain. I took a picture of the vomit and showed hotel staff. Was not moved to another room until I returned from work on 7/8/14. I was told to speak to the General Manger who was not on Property at the time. So this morning when checking out I meet with the General Manager to be told that the Head House Keeper, the house keeper who cleaned the room, the house keeper that inspects the room and the General Manager all went and looked at that room and that room was not in that shape prior to my check in. The General Manager asked what I wanted him to do and I replied "I don't think I should have paid for that night." He replied the room was in good working order and that I am the one who messed the room up.

Also, for my job I use a HDMI cable to connect laptop to TV in the room to be able to get work done. When I moved rooms the 25ft Red/Black Braided HDMI cable that was connected to the TV was gone. Again, the General Manger said that I must have lost it.

My company stays, or was going to be staying there at least 3 days a month every month. After the treatment that we have received from this General Manager and the hotel we will not be staying there.

I am a Platinum Elite and Diamond Elite and 2 other chains that I say at for business and have never had the treatment or have been so insulted before.

This hotel caters the Men and Women of our US ARMY in Killeen and I just hope that they never get the same kid of treatment that I received from this hotel.

M. Flood
Regional Manager

Room Tip: Stay some where else.......
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank Mike F
Mr. Flood, I am sorry that we let you down. If there is anything I can do to work with you, please let me know. Sincerely, R. Wood – General Manager.