“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Killeen
wantage, new jersey
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

Very nice hotel, clean and the personnel are very helpful! Mandie at the front desk was excellent!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
      Cleanliness

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Killeen, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

Rooms are nice and modern looking, fitness center and pool are nice touches. Food comes fast but was not the best ever but hey the hotel is close to the Killeen Mall and many other places to eat. Late checkout was nice and I'd stay here again.

Park in the back close the hotel, shade for your car!

Room Tip: AC is a bit noisy but it does keep the room comfy, pillows are very large so you might have to bring...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Newton Falls, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

Internet connectivity might as well have been nonexistent as it was slow as molasses during the entire week I was there. The first night of my stay I awoke to a power outage that only appeared to effect this hotel (perhaps related to the extensive construction projects) - I managed to take a shower and get dressed in the dark. The pool was closed due to construction and each floor was littered with buckets of paint/plaster and drop cloths. Oh yeah, no complementary breakfast either (I guess they think this is Vegas). The hotel is actually nice and new looking but I guess they fill enough rooms that they don't care to be competitive with other low budget hotels in the area. I personally won't be staying here again - just too many other options in Killeen.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

We came to Killeen, TX to welcome back our son from Iraq. We started making reservations fairly early in the game - I didn't know I was going to have to change them at least 3 times before he actually got back. They were always so nice and understanding, always had a kind word and reassurance that he would get back to the US and I could call as many times as it would take - they had my back!

The hotel was spotless. The staff amazing. I miss seeing them now that I'm back home. They became part of our family for that week. The front desk people were as excited for me as I was to have my son home again. Very helpful.

I loved the little rooms off the pools area. You could get out of the sun but yet still be outside. I just really enjoyed our visit there. We will be going back to Killeen to visit our son in the future and I know just where we are staying!

Thanks Holiday Inn - Keep up the good work.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank JSP18
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

Our son was coming home from his Iraq deployment and we stayed at this Holiday Inn. This is a comfortable, clean hotel you can depend on. If you've stayed at a Holliday Inns before you know what you will get here. Friendly and helpful front desk staff, competent room cleaning and pleaset staff in the restaurant and bar.
Check in and check out were a breeze. I would reccoment this hotel and stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

My daughter and I had to close down her home on the military base when her husband deployed out of the country. After doing so, we stayed at the Holiday Inn in Killeen- Fort Hood Texas. My daughter had taken her husband's pillow along on our trip (they are newly weds). We were to travel through six more states to get home. Within an hour, she was horrified that she remembered she left the pillow on the bed. We drove back, and low and behold - after explaining the details to management, housekeeping let us back into the room to retrieve it and as they were just cleaning the room, the pillow was still there! Needless to say my daughter was extremely grateful and we are exstatic that the hotel was so cooperative and able to assist us! We recommend this hotel, it is super clean, very neat, so affordable, service friendly and even allows pets! !

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Stephenville, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2011

Recently traveled to Killeen on business and was booked here by our department. The location of the hotel is somewhat unique, its set back from the roadway sandwhiched between two other hotels. Most of the parking is in the back, but there is only one door in the back.

The hotel appeared to be very new or recently remodeled in the new "trendy" style that Holiday Inn is going to. You think its a Holiday Inn Express, but its actually a regular Holiday Inn with a restaurant and a bar. Bar is good, restaurant is bad because there is no free breakfast like at HIE. (McDonalds 1/2 mile down the street.) It appears that a lot of military people stay there, lots of army uniforms. Access is to Fort Hood is easy.

However the most intesesting facet of this hotel was the room I stayed in. The hotel is four stories tall and I was assigned to a fourth floor handicap accessable room. It is the most unique room I've ever stayed in. First off the it had at least 25 foot ceilings. (See attached pics.) It was also twice as wide as a normal hotel room but contained the same amount of furniture. It was a huge open space. The bathroom was huge as well. I suspect most of the reason was the handicap accessable fact, lots of room to move around in a wheel chair. I get that. But 25 food ceilings? They had artwork above the windows. Look the picture. I'm 6'2" and I cannot touch the top molding of the window, then picture how much more there is above that. There was a huge amount of empty floorspace and it made everything else, king size bed included, look small. Plus it echoed.

Bed was good, they had labels on their pillows "firm" and "soft", though I couldn't tell a difference between the two. The desk was made of opaque glass which means that your optical/laser mouse won't work on it so you have to find something to put under it. Nice big LCD TV but since my room was twice as wide it was too far away. I also liked the fact that I had two heater/ac units with side by side wall thermostats, that showed different tempatures.

Overall it was an ok hotel, not really a full service HI like you'd see at a downtown hotel, but it wasn't really an Express like you'd expect to see in this location.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business