“Can't Go Wrong Here”

Holiday Inn Killeen - Fort Hood
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Killeen
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My buddy an I went to an Oklahoma State vs Texas football game. The hotels in Austin were overpriced for the value and we booked here because the rates were SO much better than Austin. Just an hour away. It was clean. Very clean. Choice of pillows--firm or soft! Staff was friendly. Wish we could've used the hot tub but no time for that. Breakfast was excellent. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Innercompass

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I highly recommend this hotel for many reasons. My business associates and I meet here weekly and are always greeted by a friendly, well trained staff who take pride in their work. The management is also very hands on and friendly; definitely leading by example. Lastly, the meeting area is spacious and very clean.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Neel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Killeen - Fort Hood, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Jenny D
Thank you for your kind words about our staff and meeting space. We enjoy having your group here and look forward to many more events for you all in the future. Our staff takes great pride in taking care of our guests and we are grateful to have such a caring staff. Once again thanks for the kind words.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I travel alot for my job and stay at many different hotels through out the country. This hotel is clean, friendly and has a nice bar downstairs. The GM even took me in his own car to get something to eat after hours, even though the offical van service had stopped running- a nice touch. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank George Houston L
Neel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Killeen - Fort Hood, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

George,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us and we appreciate your feedback and hope to see you soon! I will pass your comments onto our staff and let them know the great remarks.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

We arrived very late, glad the room was still there for us. This place looked and smelled clean. Very beautiful, clean room. Did I say that cleanliness was important for us? LOL.

Also found staff to be friendly, professional and courteous. The desk clerk reimbursed my online reservation Credit Card billing fee and gave me a cheaper rate, don't know why, and he didn't say anything about it during check-in or check-out -- just a pleasant surprise when I got home and checked my CC billing online...about $20 cheaper. I got the exact kind of room I reserved online. A mystery. What a guy! This is so the Opposite of common rip-off experiences you discover with hotels these days. What a nice stay. The way it should be.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Claire,
Thank you so much for the great feedback for your stay with us and we are so glad to hear all the wonderful comments. I will be sure to pass them on to our staff today and we hope to see you soon. Thanks once again!

Reviewed 12 September 2013

I travel a lot for business and often come to the Killeen area. I have stayed at a majority of the major hotels while I have been in this area. I would like to say that the staff at this hotel are excellent. They made my stay(over two weeks this time and two weeks before a month ago) one that was a very positive experience. The manager is always available to answer questions or give advise on the local area. One day during my stay I went downstairs and ran into a long line of people checking in (Army Reservists had arrived for a drill) there had to be over 25 people waiting to get a room. The front desk clerk a young woman named Nikki was very engaging with them and checked them in quickly and professionally. I had to run to the store to get some items but returned in under 25 minutes and all of the people waiting to check in had been processed. In my experience I have had 3-4 people in front of me and have waited longer than that to get a room. The hotel is very clean with a restaurant, bar, and a great pool (there are a couple of cabanas). The hotel also has an agreement with Gold's Gym for guesting staying. They will allow you to use the facilities and the hotel provides transportation to the Gym. In this day and age with hotels reducing guest services this is pretty incredible in my option. I would recommend anyone staying in the area to give the Killeen Holiday Inn a chance to earn you business.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Rooms are beautiful, clean and updated. Staff all over the premises went above and beyond to help and make sure we were happy and enjoying our stay! From the front desk, to the restaurant, to the maintenance staff! Loved the outside cabanas, a nice relaxing place to read and unwind!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This Hotel looks good from the outside. The Internet is very slow. They have a hard time keeping staff. Only a few of the employees believe in customer service. This hotel is only good for an overnight stay. Not long term

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Killeen - Fort Hood, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Charles H,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered over the unsatisfactory internet speed. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and take actions accordingly. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Karen G.