“Great stay”

Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Killeen
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great stay”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This review is a little late but here it goes anyway. My friend and I stopped in late one night and we were very glad we did. The room was clean and spacious and the beds were very comfortable. Would return if in the area again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
LA
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We were there to visit with son and family. He had just been assigned to Ft. Hood.
Hotel was clean and quiet. Their restaurant left the impression though that their personell was new and untrained. I requested sausage with my breakfast every morning we were there, and got bacon instead. Bacon was good, but not what I ordered. Never an explanation or apologies for getting bacon instead of sausage.
Still, would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tagerit
San Diego, California
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I usually do not give out 1-stars or bother mentioning negative situations, but when management lacks a quality standard level of detail with communication and accountability, then I'm going to use all the ammo at my disposal and empty the clip. I'm not expecting anything special in return. It's not like I'm going to fly back anytime soon to use a complimentary weekend stay. As if.

Most of the staff I encountered during my hotel visit were very nice and accommodating. Maintenance was prompt to fix any immediate room issues, Housekeeping quickly replenished whatever supplies were needed, and the Front Desk associates were helpful with my questions and requests in a professional and hospitable manner both in person and on the phone. Ok, I've been fair and balanced with my review. Time to deliver some heavier ordinance.

There's nothing quite like a significant billing error to really bring one's financial situation to a grinding halt. I could blast on about finding a roach (photo uploaded to Yelp.com Tips), the non-functioning ice machine on my floor during the 2+ week stay, the elevator buttons that fell out, the out-of-order exercise machine, the unavailable printer in the business center, or the malfunctioning door lock to my room after a local power outage, but I'd rather focus on the hotel billing issue.

I take no pleasure in this rant, well maybe a little, but when the Wifey goes to pay bills online after a holiday weekend and finds out our account has a hotel charge mistake in excess of $1800...Le Sigh. Someone's gonna answer for this.

Allow me to elaborate, all you hard working people: I fly out for work, and our travel department makes arrangements to pre-authorize the hotel billing directly to the business account. Our travel manager sends the info on 5/02/2014. I check-in 5/06 and give my ID and a debit card to cover incidentals, of which there were none during my stay. I check-out, fly home, and spend Memorial weekend with the family.

The following Tuesday 5/27 we receive alerts and Wifey finds out why she can't pay online bills. Our account is now overdrawn. Not to mention, there are other automatic billpay items scheduled to hit the books. I'm calling & emailing to straighten out this mess because the hotel charged the entire bill to my debit card instead of the company travel account, which the hotel had since 5/02. I have initiated all of the phone calls and emails to the hotel with zero callbacks or email replies. ZERO. Funny how it takes a day for a merchant to take your money, but much longer to return it.

After leaving voicemails, I'm still waiting to hear from the hotel's general manager about addressing the number of subsequent overdraft charges that occurred over the holiday weekend. I spoke to him once on 5/27/14. He offered no apology, nor did he reassure me that he was personally working on a correction and would see it through to make it right. In fact, he was leaving early for the day and all too busy to take charge of the matter. The general tone I received was, "We need your company credit card info so we can switch the billing and maybe there was a miscommunication between the company and the hotel."

Wait, didn't you have this information before I arrived in order to reserve the room?

Room Tip: It doesn't matter. None of the rooms have blackout drapes that close, so every room is sunny whe...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Conrad R
Neel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Killeen - Fort Hood, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Mr. Conrad,
Thank you for taking a moment to leave us feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry that you had a bad experience regarding your billing issues and we never want any guest to go through that type of issue at any time. We regret any inconvenience it caused and have made every effort to rectify the situation in an expedient manner. If you are still facing any issues please feel free to contact me directly at 254-690-5511. Once again thank you for the valuable feedback and we hope to regain your trust in the near future.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Front desk staff was very friendly, as was the bartender (although a bit air-headed at times). I wish the bar was open later and wish breakfast would run later on the weekends, but overall it was a great stay and I would definitely consider staying here again next time I'm in Killeen for business or pleasure.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The company I work for had me come to Killeen for a business trip, Jessica did a great job at the time of check in and as I walked throught lobby it was nice to see her smile at every guest. Thank you Jessica for the warm welcome, next time I come to Killeen I will be sure to stay at the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Atlanta
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

My career is travel....as a flight attendant I regularly stay in hotels. As I came down for breakfast Meghan warmly and cheerfully greeted me. When I. Inquired of hazel nut cream for coffee she brought me an entire bowl along with my carafe and water. She promptly took my order which was the lo-carb omelette cooked to perfection. Her generous hospitality dosed out in perfect measure started my day off pleasantly enabling me to work 3 sold-out flights today with an extra smile tucked inside! Kudos to Meghan!!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Cherisse L
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Upon checking in, there was this very loud and obnoxious person who was upset for whatever reason and causing a disturbance to the other people waiting to check in. The young lady behind the counter checking my team and I in (Ingrid was her name) seen that this person was causing such an ordeal that it affected the other guests who were waiting to check in. The young lady (Ingrid) persuaded this obnoxious person to go sit in the lounge while she checked my team and I in so that we did not have to endure anymore of that person’s loud disturbance. She is a valuable asset to this hotel and its staff. Ingrid made our stay a very pleasant one. Thank you for your help Ingrid and for keeping us from enduring someone else’s problem.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank K C
Neel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Killeen - Fort Hood, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you so much for taking time to leave us feedback. We sincerely appreciate the great feedback and we look forward to your next visit to our hotel. We will be sharing your great comments about Ingrid with her and we are truly lucky to have such a great ambassador for our hotel. Once again thank you for the comments and we look forward to your next visit with us.