Residence Inn Killeen
US$191
US$148
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewssocial hourone bedroom suitefree beer and winefront deskfruit smoothieshousekeeping staff areoffer freenice poolsleeping areathree nightsmy home away from homewafflesthe entire staffbreakfast attendantrooms are largehotel is greatfirst floor
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I am a big fan of Residence Inn, but after staying here multiple times over the last year on business trips, and CONSTANTLY being frustrated with how bad the wifi is, can't come back. I know this isn't a deal breaker for some, but having to write reports, check email, do timecards and such for a work related trip, just can't be done from this place. Great managers reception. Seriously, have stayed here about 7 times in the last year, I just can't believe nothing can be done about the absolutely ridiculously slow wireless internet here. But, if you are not having to do any computer work, the place is great!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Richard B, Manager at Residence Inn Killeen, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Hello, thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We know how important having superior internet is to today's traveler, I am very happy to say in April we made an investment to dramatically improve our WIFI. I am sure the next time you visit you will be pleased with the service. We hope to see you again soon so you can experience it while you are here.

Thank you once again for using us in the past and the kind words for our staff - Rich B

Reviewed 6 May 2013

I travel here very often and this is the only place I stay at even though the drive to work is 45 min’s from where I stay I can't seem to find a better place to suite my needs more than this hotel. This is my home 2 weeks of every month and I look forward to staying here everytime. The only complaint I do have is the slow internet but I dont use it enough for it to effect me since I turn on my HOTSPOT on my phone all the time anyway.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2013

We recently stayed in a 2-bedroom suite with my in-laws. The bedrooms were separated by a living area to insure privacy. The rooms were clean with plenty of dishes, towels, comfortable beds and pillows, and a balcony. Besides a generous breakfast, Monday-Thursday a light dinner is served as well. While there, dinner was tacos one day and spaghetti/fetticine the other, salad and cookies both nights. Beer and wine is also complimentary. Both dinners were quite adequate and saved each couple $40+ dollars each night. The air conditioning in one bedroom was inadequate...wished I had my fan. It would have been nice to have been able to turn off the 3 lights on the balcony, too. Even with the shades, light came in the room. We were glad we chose this Residence Inn for our visit to Killeen.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Since I am usually traveling alone with three young children while my husband is deployed, it is always a relief to find a hotel like Residence Inn. We generally try to find a Springfield Suites (also owned by Marriott).

Everyone was very friendly. The breakfast was good, offering both hot and cold options. When I called ahead of time to get a baby bed, the bed was in our room upon arrival (unlike our stay at La Quinta Inn where I had to haul it to my room by myself). It is very handy having a door separating the sleeping area from the living/kitchen area. I was able to set the baby bed up in the living area, turn on the vent fan for the microwave (which is excessively loud) to block out noise/provide white noise and close the door so the baby could sleep uninterupted.

The bed is a little hard but it wasn't excessively hard.

My largest (and only) complaint, and it is a pretty big one (probably stopping me from staying here again) is that the Wi-Fi is painfully slow. In the evenings, after the children were asleep, I was hoping to watch a show via Amazon Prime on the iPad. Unlike most television/movie watching programs, a wi-fi signal has to be present. The show was 44 minutes total and it took me nearly 2 hours to watch it. I kept losing signal and having low signal strength. I have traveled quite a bit and done the same thing at many hotels and have never had this problem. I would highly recommend that management upgrade their wi-fi system if they are advertising "free wi-fi".

Also -- thank you for offering a military discount to families such as ours. It is greatly appreciated.

Room Tip: If you have allergies, choose a room on the 4th floor. Most pet owners prefer to be on the bottom floor to have better access to the outdoors.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Richard B, Manager at Residence Inn Killeen, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2013

Hello, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am happy to hear your stay went well, I do want to say I am sorry the WIFI was slow that day, we have recently updated our speed as of 4-19-13. So, when you travels take you back to Killeen we hope to see you then and I promise that 45 minute show will only take you 45 minutes to watch.

Thank you once again for the nice review, Rich.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

I stayed there with my boyfriend for a week. The staff were very professional and nice. The rooms were comfortable especially the big King size bed! overall it was a very comfortable stay and i loved the big hot tub and sauna! would definently stay there again! well worth the price.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Richard B, Manager at Residence Inn Killeen, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2013

Thank you for your input, I am glad you enjoyed your time here at the Residence Inn Killeen. We hope to see again soon!