“Smell”

Ranked #21 of 33 Hotels in Killeen
Oklahoma City, United States
“Smell”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Smell in room was bad to the point hard to sleep. Maybe the carpet needed to be cleaned and better cleaning chemicals to give it a clean smell would help. Also a lot of trash on the grounds of the hotel that took away. Breakfast was not very good after many stays at other LaQuinta Hotels in the past. Price was good and maybe because there was a Dennys accorss the street they did not try very hard on breakfast. Good coffee....

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn Killeen - Fort Hood, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Hi Lowell,
We’ve received your review about your recent stay at our La Quinta Inn in Kileen. We are very sorry about the odor issues you experienced during your stay. We will definitely share your comments with both our Maintenance and Housekeeping teams as they will both benefit from hearing what you had to say. We’ll also be reviewing our breakfast offerings to ensure they meet the La Quinta standards as we always want our guests to have exactly what is expected on our Bright Side Breakfast. We hope we’ll see you again at La Quinta Inns & Suites!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Sycamore
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Very good location, but the room we had was very dirty. We told the desk clerk upon checkout and she said it is a busy room because it is near the pool (which was not open due to problems) and we did not ask for a room near the pool. So apparently when people checkout they don't have time to properly clean for the next guests? Floor was filthy....we wore shoes the whole time it was so bad. Our room didn't get cleaned the 2nd day and my husband went to the desk to ask for towels when we returned that night and the clerk told him to get them from housekeeping in the morning.....even tho he saw a stack of towels near the front desk, so no showers that night, and we had to hunt down housekeeping the next morning. Friendly staff except for the evening desk clerk, but I imagine by now she is no longer working there. Also, very thin walls, need I say more????....We won't stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sandy W
LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn Killeen - Fort Hood, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Hi Sandy,
Thanks for sharing your experiences at our La Quinta Inn Killeen. We’re disappointed that our staff did not assist you with both the cleaning and service issues you mentioned. We’ve definitely got some room to improve here and your feedback will help us do just that! We’ll ensure that our Housekeeping team is made aware of your comments as the location of your room should not change how a room is cleaned, and we’ll also make sure our Front Desk team reads your comments to improve their service levels. We appreciate your honest feedback and we hope that you will consider giving us another chance to be your hotel hosts in the future at La Quinta Inns & Suites.

Travellers are raving about these Killeen hotels

Salina, United States
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Very small rooms, cheap place to stay... but average over all experience at best! Probably would not stay again even tho the price was one of the cheapest places I priced in Killeen Texas. I would give this a rating of 5 out of 10.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Ron J
Killeen, United States
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We had been traveling through the night and arrived early in the morning. The staff was very helpful and made the check in quick and easy for 3 very tired travelers! They also extended our stay with no problems and they had a free pet stay and military discount which was very nice for us.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Angelica W
Dallas, United States
Reviewed 17 December 2013

The staff and overall quality were up to par, but with a number of niggling things that bring down the overall enjoyment. TINY bathroom. large height difference between floor of tub and bathroom floor makes it easy to lose balance getting out. Sparse electrical outlets around work area, requiring a power-strip, and one outlet was connected to wall-switch, so had to be sure I didn't turn off things that were charging. Door did not close tightly easily, and was not a tight seal leaving it drafty. Breakfast was fairly plentiful, but without any serious protein option, I rarely bothered unless I needed more than a glass of OJ.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Killeen, United States
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I would love to recommend this hotel to anyone with pets of any kind at home. I was very happy with the service I receive and was amazed that I found a hotel that allowed me to bring my 2 very large dogs. When I arrived, I expressed how happy I was about the accomodations and how I had so much trouble finding lodging for my large dogs, especially in a price I could afford. She informed me that LaQuinta is one of the few hotels like that and let me know that another patron had even brought a tropical bird. I am happy to say that price and friendliness of this hotel is so refreshing, and I will be staying in this hotel any time I stay anywhere overnight from now on.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Ocala, United States
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I don't personally care for outside rooms, not as safe, difficult to control the a/c...heat in my room, no elevator, apples were not crunchy at breakfast, no alternative to milk, so a bummer if plant strong. But the rooms was clean and the front desk was great.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo