“Interior good; run down exterior”

La Quinta Inn Killeen
Ranked #22 of 33 Hotels in Killeen
Texas, United States
“Interior good; run down exterior”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My room was very clean and extremely comfortable. The overall presentation of the hotel is very poor and appears in desperate need of being renovated. It is also located between an abandoned motel and a fast food drive through, next to the interstate. Service and staff were very accommodating. If you're just looking for a clean place to rest with a hot shower and breakfast, this is your place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Good friends of mine booked a room back in May thought La Quinta nice brand should be nice hotel NOT!!! While they where going to the room we saw some women standing outside of the rooms looking around the hotel . For what we didn't want to find out. Then we go to open the door and the room was very dirty not clean. We went back up the the desk and asked for another room was told they didnt have another room to give us. From what it looked like the hotel had lots of rooms but we didn't want to stay in the nasty room so we went to another local hotel. That room was much cleaner and nicer. Friends and I will never stay here ever again!!! Shady Hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Alton, United States
Reviewed 6 June 2014

As a rewards customer I am very amazed how clean the room was and there was even a " We were expecting you " note. I felt safe and clean there. I always check the bed and bathroom before I put my belongings down and again it was clean no bugs anywhere. I will be back :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Starting with the Cons: Upon check-in, I was met by a drunk begging for change. The parking lot had what looked like drug addicts roaming about. The stair corridor looked as though a frat party had been there. The Pros: The room and front desk area looked neat and clean. They offered free breakfast and WiFi. One more Con: the toilet needed a new plunger and would not seal so it kept making noise refilling. I was supposed to stay 4 nights. I changed to another & better hotel nearby for almost the same rate.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
san antonio, United States
Reviewed 30 May 2014

close to fort hood where get in and out very fast. place to get a good night rest good coffee in room clean and peaceful place with good service. no need to look any where else if you have a med to small pet. theycan stay also.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Killeen, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband, father-in-law, and I were traveling with two cats. We were able to stay here free of additional charge with our cats, which made our stay great! The breakfast in the morning was good. Our only issue was the bathroom, it was small which is to be expected, but the bathtub/shower entrance was extremely high. I had forgotten how high it was until I went to exit the shower and I slipped and almost fell. I'm young so I would be okay, but I think elderly people could really have a problem with that. Other than that our stay was great.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Austin, United States
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Of all the hotels that I could stay at, I choose La Quinta above all. I could stay at expensive hotels, but why? At La Quinta you get a relaxing stay at a fantastic price. The La Quinta Staff is Friendly and above the rest. The rooms are warm and comfortable. Think about it, you could pay a high price for a Hotel room, why it's still a Hotel Room, are the amenities at an expensive hotel worth it? After a nights stay at an expensive hotel all you'll do the following day is complain about the cost. At La Quinta you get all you need at a great price and you'll continue your travels relaxed and not complaining about the high cost of lodging.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business