“Traveling for a Funeral”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Kingsville
San Antonio, Texas
“Traveling for a Funeral”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

This was the Worst hotel I have ever stayed inn!!!! the staff is not aware of there own book policies...Idiots. The rooms were dirty and they expected us to stay out in the parking lot while they clean the damm rooms.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank margaret t

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
talihina
Reviewed 1 September 2011

My first room had black mold on the ceiling so the second night they moved us to another room and upon entering we saw a cockroach 1 1/2 inches long on the wall. The next morning at the sink in bathroom there were 5 or 6 little ones running around. For 80.00 a night I expect better. Next week I try super 8.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank 182p
Kingsville, Texas
Reviewed 30 July 2010

Hello everyone. My family and I moved from Buffalo, NY to Kingsville. After 3.5 days and 1,714 miles of driving myself, mother, sister, brother-in-law, nephew and nieces found this place to hunker down in before moving in to the new place the next day. Our pick up truck w/uhaul trailer and UHaul truck rested out in the lot. Like other hotels we curtiously parked them in the back. The next morning we found the pick up truck's right side widows busted. When we reported this to the police they mentioned this location has had recent series of moving truck break ins. Yes, the hotel front desk conveniently forgot to mention to us. It has been such a frequent incident the police barely inspected our vehicle. My advice go elsewhere.

If you think I am making this up then call the Kingsville Police Department at Main # 361.592.4311, Information Line # 361.593.8800, http://www.kingsvillepd.us/Contact.html our date of incidence was July 29, 2010.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank TIO1016

Travellers are raving about these Kingsville hotels

White Heath, IL
Reviewed 8 July 2009

The guy at the front count was impossible to understand.
My room was only cleaned once in a 6 night stay.
I ran out of towels. Requested more towels from the front desk and received none. I had to flag down a housekeeping lady to get a towel and she gave me a dirty one.
The refridgerator smelled of mildew and was covered in rust and broken plastic.
The wiring in the walls crackled (which is hazardous) but the hotel didn't seem to care, even when the microwave stopped working.
I was told I would get certain channels and received none of them.
The vent cover in the bathroom fell off the wall while I was in there.
There was no iron in the room when I was told there would be.
The only person in the entire hotel that was nice was the lady that helped me check out.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank Fogie2003
austin
Reviewed 26 July 2008

We frequent kingsville many time throughout the year (grandchildren). we have stayed at every hotel including the new hampton inn off of hwy 77. for the pric, this place offers excellent service and the rooms were very clean and it was a very pleasent stay. property may be older but you can't notice it. this is our new favorite place in kingsville!

• Stayed July 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
san diego
Reviewed 23 April 2008

My stay at this hotel was not good. Each time we took a shower the tub filled up with water and when we called the front desk they said they would send someone to fix the problem. Never showed up. The T.V. volume could not be lowered less than 20 with the remote and if you used the buttons on the T.V. it made it go up louder. The refrigerator was not on and smelled of mildew. all of the furniture was dusty. The inroom iron was very old and scortched anything you ironed not matter what the setting was. I complained to the front desk and they really didn't care but clamied they did have any other rooms available. I tried to go to another hotel but all were completely booked.
I will never stay here again.

Stayed April 2008
1 Thank maysrus
Texas
Reviewed 28 October 2007

I've stayed there on several occasions over the past 2 years. Price is reasonable, rooms are clean, bed is comfortable and A/C is COLD. What more could you want?

• Stayed October 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank SouthTexTraveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingsville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsville
#6 of 9 in Kingsville
Riviera Inn & Suites
Riviera Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Riviera

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!