“Location is LOUD!”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Kingsville
Colorado City, Texas
“Location is LOUD!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

I'm laying in bed typing this because I cannot sleep. I'm hearing what seems to be airplanes from nearby airfield! Mixed with street noise it's so loud! Even worse I cannot see a button on the AC unit for the fan to stay on so I could at least drown out the noises. It's too bad because the room looked tidy & very clean. If not for the location, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Teyhoss

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Yorkshire, England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

The good point of this motel was the reception staff who rang her mother to ascertain why we couldn't get wifi. The rest of the stay went down hill. The room was dark and not been upgraded for many a year. The bathroom light fitting had two dead cockroaches. When having breakfast,a miserable woman asked me my room number but never asked any one else. Breakfast was nothing special. I would not stay here again and not recommend it

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JDSYorkshire

Travellers are raving about these Kingsville hotels

Sugar Land
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

Was only in town for one night but is loads better than the other hotels that are nearby. Well kept grounds, lobby area large and neat, small breakfast area, but plenty to eat to get your day going.
Rooms we're in great shape. Very comfy bed, larger than most hotels bathroom, micro and fridge also in room. Dining nearby...do not even go to the BBQ joint across the street, worst food I've ever eaten in South Texas. Desk clerk at hotel said it is very hit or miss place on their food, mostly miss she said and I totally agreed. Try Cabo's Mexican instead.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Williams D
Waco, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

My husband had a great 5 night stay. We were there just to relax and this what we did. We started each day with a great breakfast. The hotel is right off HWY 77 and King st so we were able to go to nearby cities and many of the local spots. The staff was friendly, I made several calls to the front desk asking for suggestions on where to eat and they were helpful. We even took a dip in the pool. All in all it was a great stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lynell s
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

My family and I decided to stay here. They were the closest to Corpus since our original rooms were cancelled. Check in took a little long due to shift change but that really wasn't a problem. For some reason there was always a few flies in our room. We took care of that! Overall the room was clean. The staff was friendly. And the breakfast was good.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank momma2rugrats
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

I stayed the night before at another Kingsville hotel. I moved because family was here and the other hotel was going up in rate due to a large wedding party. The staff here was very helpful and the rooms were better than the other property. It was older as was the other hotel but it was more recently renovated. I wasn't in the room much but it had everything I needed and much nicer ammenities than the other hotel. I would consider it a full three star hotel in anyone's book. The breakfast was ok, typical but I had just enough to take my medications as there was to be food provided the family later. Next time in Kingsville I will try to stay here for sure.

Room Tip: facing the pool might be better, I wasn't
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Cookville, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

I had no problems with this motel... I stayed 12 nights doing a job in the area.. The staff was very nice, even the cleaning lady was very nice as she cleaned my room everyday. There was alot of traffic in the parking lot but that was just because alot of people with the oil field were also staying there , but as long as there is traffic there will be no one messing around in my opinion. the shower was hot . the towel were clean and the bed was comfortable. I myselfdidnt not eat breakfast so I dont know nothing other than they have it.. Like I said I had NO problems and for 49.00 a night itwas great. will be back when I am in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Roy P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingsville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsville
Hampton Inn Kingsville
Hampton Inn Kingsville
#1 of 9 in Kingsville
Americas Best Value Inn - Bishop / Kingsville

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!