“Business trip”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Kingsville
Charleston
“Business trip”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

There are few decent hotels to choose from in Kingsville. This hotel was decent enough. The hotel and rooms were clean. the breakfast was satisfactory. The staff was very pleasant. this is my second stay at this hotel. The first visit in 2010, my truck was broken into and all of my tools stolen. this hotel has since added a very good security system, so I felt much better about staying here again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

Wanting a little get away close to home, we traveled to Kingsville to tour the Famous King Ranch and Museum. We stay at a lot of Choice family properties and this one is due for a makeover. The Lobby was nice as was the breakfast area. Everything else was outdated. Hallway carpet was two different patterns. Linens were the old bedspread and blanket style instead of the nice crisp white sheets and duvet. The toilet ran continuously. The shower head was messed up. The check in clerk was not the usual cheerful, helpful staff we have experienced at other properties. When we asked for a restaurant recommendation, she told us there weren't any good restaurants. She gave us a list of all the restaurants, but could not recommend one as she told us she never ate in Kingsville! We chose a steakhouse and consequently enjoyed one of the best steaks, with excellent service, we could have hoped for! She is the main reason I gave this property an average score. Hope management can "brighten" her up a bit when it comes to welcoming guests. I had to get up and ask some other guests in the hallway to keep the noise down. Thankfully, they did. We prefer to sleep in a cooler than normal room, and we could not get the temperature adjusted to our liking. The unit was the older "under the window" cooling/heating unit that would not allow us to run just the fan. So we spent the night with alternating hot-cold, hot-cold. Usually when a property starts to show its age, the company will do a makeover, or downgrade a Comfort to a Quality. This one should at the top of the list for one or the other.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the west side away from the highway to avoid night time noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TexasLibraryLady
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

Great customer service, staff was very helpfull in providing restaurant and surrounding information. Clean rooms and clean bathrooms. Nicely decorated lobby and breakfast area. Pleasant atmosphere. Breakfast was good with plenty of choices. It's really a good return.bargain on money we spent. Overall excellent experience.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Springfield, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

My family of 4 adults stayed there one night in a suite. The room had plenty of space and the water was very hot and refreshing after a day on the road. my husband and i slept on the hideabed and the kids took the queen beds. We closed the door between the two rooms and everyone got a good nights sleep that night. They put us up on the 3rd floor where there weren't very many people, so it was quiet. Breakfast was the usual continental style. i would like to say that the service was great and the staff was very friendly and helpful in answering questions about the local area and restaurants, etc. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: if it has been a long trip, ask for a room at the back of the hotel. Quieter there
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank sparks101955
La Feria, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2012

Needed a hotel for one night for a family funeral the next day. I reserved a room with 2 Queen beds and a roll-away bed. There were 3 adults; a mom and 2 sisters. Upon arrival being tired and saddened by our loss, I went to check in at night at the front desk. I asked the clerk if our roll-away bed had been delivered to our room. She looked at me shocked and said no, it is here in the hallway. Being somewhat confused, I asked her if there would be someone that would deliver it to our room. She told me that I would need to roll it up to my room! Excuse me, but I am paying almost $140 a night for what I consider a possible 2 star hotel and am expected to roll my bed to my room with our luggage? Are you serious? She told me it wasn't heavy. Not the most polite person by any means. The room smelled like mildew or mothballs; weird smell and the vending machine was right across the hall in a pitch-black room with a janitor's door. Very un-inviting. The next morning I took a shower and saw a bug crawling on the ceiling that disappeared somewhere. We went down for a quick bite to eat; breakfast was over at 9:30 and we were down by 9:10. All the juice machines, milk and refrigerated items had been locked and not much use in that. They had shut down for service. I went to the front desk and she told me breakfast was over! Then she looked again at her clock and said sorry and blamed someone else of course. Horrible service, room not worth the price and place way tooooooo expensive. I would've paid and extra $30 bucks to stay at the Hampton. Very unhappy. Boo :(

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank 1saspurs

Travellers are raving about these Kingsville hotels

Sacramento, California, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

We are staying in the area to visit family. They offered their guest room, but since we have a young baby, we chose to stay in a hotel so the baby wouldn't keep the ret of the house up all night. We have stayed in many hotels with our infant, and have never had a problem having a crib or pack and play brought to our room. Unfortunately, at Comfort Inn, the crib costs an extra $10 a night. Plus, we had to wheel it up to the room ourselves. With the baby and the luggage. And the "bedding" is an overlarge sheet, a crib bumper and a fleece blanket, none of which are safe to put in a crib with a baby. Sigh. We come to this area every year at least, but we will not be staying here again. Other than that, what I have seen so far seems okay. Waaaaay overpriced for what it is, but that seemed to be the going rate in Kingsville.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank 916BAY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

We thought the location was ideal, right off the highway, easy access to continue our roadtrip to south padre... But the place really isnt convenient to any attractions in town. Also, the idea of the Naval Air Base being literally across the street seemed really cool at first but then when it came time to try and sleep... Not so much, I swear the windows are paper thin. The room had a good first impression, clean, good size and a large tv. But the bathrooms left much to be desired, even for a motel. They have somewhat of an akward layout and the shower room seems like its missing something... Like a sink or something. Also the doors had like no seal to them, hallway light shines right in all night and pretty much no privacy to the bathroom. Overall ok but not an ideal spot for a vacation or extended stay.

• Stayed September 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingsville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsville
Rodeway Inn Kingsville
Rodeway Inn Kingsville
#8 of 9 in Kingsville
Americas Best Value Inn - Bishop / Kingsville

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!