“Keep a close eye on your things”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Kingsville
Houston, Texas
“Keep a close eye on your things”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times while in town for business and have been satisfied, not overwhelmingly pleased, but satisfied with my stays. The place is a bit older than some of the other hotels in town, but kept clean and neat. I was always willing to come back.... until now.

I decided to place some of my belongings (workout clothes and jewelry) in the chest of drawers since I would be staying for 4 nights. I do not regularly place my things in the drawers when I stay and I ended up forgetting to clear the drawers when packing up to leave. After checking out at 7:45 am, I didn't realize I forgot these belongings until about 6 pm after I had already driven back to Houston. When I called the front desk to tell them about my left items and to ask if they were set aside, I was told that nothing had been recovered from the room and to speak to the manager the next day.

The next morning, the manager was less than helpful. All she said (repeatedly) was "we didn't find your items" and "nobody here took your items". So how do inanimate objects go from being in a drawer to completely disappearing when nobody has access to the room but hotel staff?

Ultimately, it was my mistake for accidentally leaving my things, but I think management was less than helpful in the process. Someone in that hotel is taking other peoples' belongings...... and the manager is obviously not interested in finding out who that is. So watch over your things if you stay here, or just stay at another place altogether.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Andrealeigh917

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I came not to long ago and did not have a good time at all, there were maintenance problems, and housekeeping issues so I filled out a survey noting all the things that I thought they needed improvement on. I received an email saying that they recently had changed a few things and I was invited back so they could accommodate me again. I was a little questionable but, on our next visit through I decided to stay there because the Hampton Inn and Holiday were booked. The lady at the front desk, Chelsea, was a wonderful help and very concerned with our needs as guests. I mentioned the problems we had on our last visit and she gave me a discount for the room for this visit. The only problem I had was the toilet did get clogged, I called the front desk and Chelsea even came up stairs and plunged it for us! I would recommend her for a raise, she is doing more than just her job!!!! Other than that, it was a delightful experience and I will be coming back on my next visit, MAINLY TO HAVE SOME MORE DELICIOUS WAFFLES!

Room Tip: Get a room away from the highway and away from the ice machine!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank April G
UK
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Check in was very efficient with a minimum of fuss. The room was a good size and very well fitted out, it was clean and well maintained. The staff was helpful, friendly and courteous. The breakfasts were very good. My only point on the downside is that the hotel is not within walking distance of any facilities. It is convenient for visits to the King Ranch.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Charleston
Reviewed 22 April 2013

There are few decent hotels to choose from in Kingsville. This hotel was decent enough. The hotel and rooms were clean. the breakfast was satisfactory. The staff was very pleasant. this is my second stay at this hotel. The first visit in 2010, my truck was broken into and all of my tools stolen. this hotel has since added a very good security system, so I felt much better about staying here again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Texas
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Wanting a little get away close to home, we traveled to Kingsville to tour the Famous King Ranch and Museum. We stay at a lot of Choice family properties and this one is due for a makeover. The Lobby was nice as was the breakfast area. Everything else was outdated. Hallway carpet was two different patterns. Linens were the old bedspread and blanket style instead of the nice crisp white sheets and duvet. The toilet ran continuously. The shower head was messed up. The check in clerk was not the usual cheerful, helpful staff we have experienced at other properties. When we asked for a restaurant recommendation, she told us there weren't any good restaurants. She gave us a list of all the restaurants, but could not recommend one as she told us she never ate in Kingsville! We chose a steakhouse and consequently enjoyed one of the best steaks, with excellent service, we could have hoped for! She is the main reason I gave this property an average score. Hope management can "brighten" her up a bit when it comes to welcoming guests. I had to get up and ask some other guests in the hallway to keep the noise down. Thankfully, they did. We prefer to sleep in a cooler than normal room, and we could not get the temperature adjusted to our liking. The unit was the older "under the window" cooling/heating unit that would not allow us to run just the fan. So we spent the night with alternating hot-cold, hot-cold. Usually when a property starts to show its age, the company will do a makeover, or downgrade a Comfort to a Quality. This one should at the top of the list for one or the other.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the west side away from the highway to avoid night time noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TexasLibraryLady
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Great customer service, staff was very helpfull in providing restaurant and surrounding information. Clean rooms and clean bathrooms. Nicely decorated lobby and breakfast area. Pleasant atmosphere. Breakfast was good with plenty of choices. It's really a good return.bargain on money we spent. Overall excellent experience.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Springfield, Tennessee
Reviewed 30 January 2013

My family of 4 adults stayed there one night in a suite. The room had plenty of space and the water was very hot and refreshing after a day on the road. my husband and i slept on the hideabed and the kids took the queen beds. We closed the door between the two rooms and everyone got a good nights sleep that night. They put us up on the 3rd floor where there weren't very many people, so it was quiet. Breakfast was the usual continental style. i would like to say that the service was great and the staff was very friendly and helpful in answering questions about the local area and restaurants, etc. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: if it has been a long trip, ask for a room at the back of the hotel. Quieter there
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank sparks101955
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingsville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsville
#7 of 9 in Kingsville
Hampton Inn - Alice
Hampton Inn - Alice
#1 of 8 in Alice

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!