“More disgusting than before.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsville
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Kingsville
Reviewed 5 February 2013

I wrote my last review while we were still in the hotel. The next day, we noticed a long black hair on the shower curtain and a plastic dental flosser on the floor by the bed. Ugh! Obviously left by prior guests. I wrote a complaint to Holiday Inn and 2 days later got a standard reply.

Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank jantexHouston
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsville, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Dear jantexHouston,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. I am truly sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us and regret you found our level of cleanliness less than satisfactory. I have taken note of your valuable comments and have shared these with our housekeeping team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 2 February 2013

We left our room at 9 a.m. And came back at 9 p.m. It looked like someone had pulled the sheets up like a child trying to make a bed. Trash wash not taken out, coffee pot still had coffee in it. We had used the plastic cups, but did not have any replacements. Breakfast was awful. Towels felt like burlap. The place looks nice with furnishings, etc, but things could easily be improved.
The hotel is rated #1, and number 2 had reports of bedbugs. Loved our visit to the Kingsville but wish they had a better place to stay.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsville, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Dear jantexHouston,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write a review of our hotel. It is our goal to consistently ensure our service are superior and I am truly sorry we did not manage this in your case. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving the quality and service we offer to our guests. These will enable us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions as needed. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 5 January 2013

It's great when the brand is being well-represented, and this one's no slouch.

Arriving a bit earlier than expected (before 5 p.m.), I was able to quickly check into my room and get my "relax" on before heading out for a bite to eat.

The hotel wasn't that busy - front desk staff upgraded my room (without me asking) and offered me a bottle of water after learning I'd been on the road most of the day.

I extended my stay by a night to make my out-bound trip a little easier - taking care of business at the front desk was a breeze. This will be my home-away-from-home in Kingsville.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Chitsport
Reviewed 19 December 2012

The hotel is new and I do hope that it stays clean. Nicely wooded halls, hot water to make tea in the breakfast room, convenient small snack store that is charged to your room, awesome room that is clean and comfortable. Well worth the stay. Better than the Best Western I was at the last business trip. Everything is near by. Great business atmosphere and breakfast is good. I do like the convenience of plenty of towels, pillows that are labeled with softness, newspaper, clean gym, and functional flat screen TV to relax after a long day at work.
Most likely to stay here again. I have one flaw, I did not like spiders in my room and not sure if it is because of the location or coming in from spots that are open. Other than that it was nice and will be staying here again. Home away from home!

Room Tip: All the rooms are very nice and comfy!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank jesse f
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Great place to stay. Very comfy room. Good breakfast in the morning. Helpful staff. I'll definitely stay here again. Clean rooms. Convenient parking. I think anybody would be happy with this hotel. It is on the opposite side of town from the college so keep that in mind but it shouldn't be a big deal.

Room Tip: Some folks think the back side of the hotel in noisy from the air base but I did not notice any airp...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I stayed at this hotel just yesterday on a business trip with my job. I work at IBC so we were at the tailgate party before the game to support the javelinas. I arrived at the hotel and was welcomed by a young man and gave me two keys to my room. The room was amazing, I believe it was a suite they gave me and my husband. I had forgotten my comb and I called the front desk so they could bring me one and the same clerk who checked me in was the one who brought it up to my room. He took a while but I understand he was the only one working. In the morning I needed toothpaste so I read the sign in the bathroom that said to call the front desk and they will gladly replace you with one. So I called and I asked the lady to send someone with the toothpaste to my room. She rudely said "no you have to come down and get it". I was appalled by her attitude but I ignored it and went down to get it. I showed her the note that says they will bring it up to the room for us and she told me she was the only one working and that she had 50 checkouts to do. She answered me very rudely and I know customer service. I have worked at restaurants , I work at IBC bank and I am an airman in the Air Force. I KNOW customer service. The young lady did not look the part either with a nose ring overall she did not look professional and I hope they do something about this rude little girl working there at the hotel because it ruined my stay. I will ask for the managers number and will tell him about this as well.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank _kattastrophe01
Reviewed 10 October 2012

We have stayed in this hotel on three separate trips to Kingsville and the service,facilities, pool and breakfast have been consistently good. On one occasion the pancake machine was not working properly but that did not impact the overall service of this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingsville
Hampton Inn Kingsville
#7 of 10 in Kingsville
Hampton Inn - Alice
Hampton Inn - Alice
#1 of 8 in Alice

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsville? Share your experiences!