“Horrible! Nothing works. Washer does not work. Water in shower won't drain. Rooms are dirty.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsville
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Kingsville
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Kingsville for a few weeks. Having stayed at other Holiday Inn hotels I had hire expectations. During my stay I had many complaints/issues. A/C in room did not work, washer did not work, rooms were dirty/dusty, shower would not drain and the list goes on. When I brought my concerns to the manager, he stated that the issue would be taken care of the next day but I never happened.
I will not stay at the Holiday Inn in Kingsville again. The Hampton might be a better option.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Chuy52
Oscar D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsville, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Dear Chuy52,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review about our hotel & giving us the opportunity to learn from it. We are deeply sorry for the inconveniences you experienced at our hotel, especially since nothing got fixed while you were here. We take your comments serious, and want to make sure none of this happens in the future. You can contact me for further discussion, so we can take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided. Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose Holiday Inn Express for your future travel needs.

361-592-8333

Reviewed 25 August 2013

We've stayed here twice this summer as our daughter prepared to attend TAMUK. The staff is friendly, but don't seem very enthusiastic or outgoing. The room this stay was dirty, the walls looked as though something was spilled down them but hadn't been cleaned. The hotel is very nice, breakfast is among the best I'e stayed at a Express. We'll keep coming back unless things continue to get worsen.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jbfeagle
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Dear jbfeagle,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. I am pleased that the breakfast served during your stay lived up to your expectations. However, I would like to apologize for for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you. Rest assured that the issues you have raised has been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. Once again, thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Really everything was great, staff was awesome! Room was clean and spacious, bed comfortable. Breakfast was good, plenty of parking. Pool was clean, maybe an update to pool lounge chairs would be about all I could suggest..... There was nothing bad.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sheri C
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We only stayed 1 night. Room was extremely clean, nice hd tv with hd service. Wireless internet was good. Overall, nothing bad to say. Free breakfast was "good and free", it's not gourmet, but again "what ya want for free?". We stay here every time we go to South Padre, it's halfway and we use it to rest from the road. Pillows are a little soft for my taste, but admittedly, i am a very picky pillow person. I usually bring my own, but forgot to pack it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Oscar D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsville, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Dear Sevilla69,

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay. We are always pleased to receive praise from our guests and glad you enjoyed you always enjoy your stay here. Your comment will be shared with our staff so that they could continue their efforts to make the Holiday Inn Express Kingsville a leader in excellence. Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look foward to the opportunity of serving you in the future. Thank you for choosing IHG.

Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

This place is very nice and clean. The staff at the front desk was very nice and professional. The room was clean and comfortable. If we ever have to stay in Kingsville ever again we will stay here at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank JimClaw

Thank you for your recent compliment at our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to make us aware of your experience during your recent stay. Your comment will be shared our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Holiday Inn Express Kingsville a leader in excellence. Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comment. We look foward to seeing you in the future!

G.M

Reviewed 10 April 2013

We have family coming to town and I went to drop off gifts for their room (flowers, wine etc.). The manager, Oscar, was rude and short with me. I was holding flowers and told him I had more items in the car. He responded by gesturing to a bellman cart and told me to "bring them in" never looking up from the computer or bothering to offer any assistance. When I returned I explained that I wished to arrange the items myself even if room was not yet clean. He said I was unable to enter the room to arrange the items as I wished, not even accompanied by a house keeper or other staff! This simple task became unnecessarily challenging, long and frustrating. The managers atrocious customer service It left me wishing we had picked ANYWHERE else to have family stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BrynnLan
Oscar D, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsville, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Dear BrynnLan,

Thank you for your response regarding our hotel, Holiday Inn Express Kingsville. We kindly appreciate the feedback we receive from our guests. Targeting these problems, gives us advice on what needs to be fixed. We are very sorry for the inconvenience. I do apologize that my choice of words sounded rude, as I wasn't meaning to be. It is our company policy that no one be allowed in the room unless given permission from the actual guests staying. We take extra measurements ensuring our guests are going to have a pleasant stay as well as a safe one. We do hope you understand, and hope you decide to stay with us again. I thank you for the feedback and apologize for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 5 February 2013

I wrote my last review while we were still in the hotel. The next day, we noticed a long black hair on the shower curtain and a plastic dental flosser on the floor by the bed. Ugh! Obviously left by prior guests. I wrote a complaint to Holiday Inn and 2 days later got a standard reply.

Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank jantexHouston
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kingsville, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Dear jantexHouston,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. I am truly sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us and regret you found our level of cleanliness less than satisfactory. I have taken note of your valuable comments and have shared these with our housekeeping team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Joel B