“Great brisket!”

Ranked #35 of 64 Restaurants in Kingsville
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Great brisket and beans. The brisket was moist just the way it should be. The japlano corn was also a big hit at the table " drowning in butter" was said in delight. And the sweet patotoe pie was the prefect way to finish off the meal. Well worth e stop as you are traveling along the Texas coast.

2  Thank Emily H

Reviewed 11 September 2012

Always a great smell and good portions. The tables are covered in paper which is old school BBQ. It is a family restaurant and has a great selection of items to eat. The meat is always fresh and tasty along with the cole slaw.

2  Thank sciblue
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Really good bar-b-q. I had the chopped brisket, ribs, links, slaw and baked beans. Everything was delicious and prepared perfectly. Cynthia and Jerry have had this place for 15 years, and everything is home-made. Ask Jerry for the rib sauce: he keeps it in the back, not out on the table.

3  Thank jkjjr
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Ok, first consider this... Kingsville is a small town. The 'nice' place to eat in this town is Chili's. Pretty much no BBQ places. So, about this place. I really liked it. Service was great. Got my food super quick. I had the chopped beef sandwich. Loved the bread. Sandwich was a good, filling size. Idk what kind of BBQ sauce they use but its awesome. Flavor is great. I wanted to try the cheddar potatoes but I got chips instead. You're not gonna find a better chop beef sandwich if you're in the area. Also, I tried calling my order in a few times before I went and never got any answer, but believe me, it was no bother considering I got my hot meal before I even had time to sign off for the credit card. no joke

Reviewed 13 April 2012

CB's appears to be a local favorite, so I went out of my way to eat lunch here while in Kingsville on business. The setting is in a large barn-like building, tablecloths worn and old, but all looked clean. Just what you expect in a BBQ restaurant. There was a good smoky flavor to the meat, and the bun was crispy with a nice spicy flavor (perhaps toasted on the grill). Here the good ends. I had a chopped pork sandwich, was hoping for pulled pork which they did not offer, and was about halfway through before I took the sandwich apart to see what was crunchy. It was something chopped into the meat, that was definately not meat - gristle I suspect, not as hard as bone. The coleslaw was watery and sweet - nothing great about that. I recommend getting one of the sliced meats or ribs if you go to avoid the "mystery meat" issues. Service was excellent, the staff was very friendly and I got my meal very quickly.