“If I had a dollar..”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kyle
Elkhart, Indiana
“If I had a dollar..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

If I had a dollar for every thing I could find bad about this hotel, I would have empty pockets !
At check in, Lori was friendly helpful and efficient. The room was spacious, clean and very comfortable.
Every staff member I met was friendly and very helpful.
I have no reservation about recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Cmackay03

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
The Woodlands, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Lives up to what we expect and like about LaQuinta - comfortable, spacious King room. Only downside to this particular location is the only entrance is off the I-35 frontage road. No restaurants in walking distance so have to make a 2 mile loop to get back to hotel. Would really help to have another back road into property.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Cypress, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Great stay. Front desk women were efficient, professional, personable and cheerful. I called front desk receptionist asking when breakfast ended and was told it was ending soon but that she have some food put back for us. My son went to get it and they had cereal, muffins, biscuits and yogurt set aside for us. Wow! I received extra towels and coffee right away when I asked a cleaning woman. Hotel was very nice and felt comfortable. Pool and outdoor deck was clean. Sheets and covers were white and clean. Overall, my family had a great experience and a lot of fun. We will stay there again next month and thereafter.

El Campo, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Beautiful suites, good value, easy access, friendly staff, comfortable bed. My only complaint: sofa in suite was very hard and uncomfortable, no sofa pillows. But overall, very satisfactory accomodations. Would stay here again.

Austin, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel was so hit or miss. Some aspects were great; others were sadly lacking.

The location was good, with easy access to I-35 if you're heading north. Because of it's location just south of an exit (with one-way access roads), it's tougher to get to if you're heading south. From Austin, you must go past the hotel for at least 1 mile, take the turn-around and come back up the I-35 feeder to reach the hotel. Note: this hotel is right off the freeway and next door to a truck stop, so you WILL hear associated road noises 24/7.

For this trip, we had a room on the first floor next to an exit door. At first we were happy because we could get in/out quickly. The downside, however, is that everyone coming in or out throughout the night will create more noise. Our headboard literally shared a wall with the exit door, and every time someone came in or out, the door slammed and our bed shook. Not to mention that the loud BANG! would cause us to jump out of our skin. Those walls need better insulation for that very reason.

The room was a king suite, so there was a ton of room in both the bedroom and the separate living room. The bedroom closet was incredibly small, but the bed was extremely comfortable so it was well worth the trade off. There was also a second mini-fridge in the bedroom, which was nice.

The living room was a great size, with a wall-mounted flat screen TV and separate AC/heat controls. A counter served as a nice sized coffee bar and there was a nice desk with plenty of plugs for our laptop, camera and phone chargers. The downside was the condition of the furniture. It was abysmal. The rolling desk chair had most of one armrest missing and the sleeper sofa had one corner missing. It clearly looked as though a prior guest's large dog had chewed up the furniture and the damage was ignored by the hotel staff. We're not talking small areas of sofa missing. It was an area roughly 6" by 14" on the front left side of the sofa. Sofa cushions were old and flat. It was by far the most uncomfortable, ratty sofa I've ever seen in a hotel. I am not exaggerating when I say I've seen nicer sofas on the side of the road.

The bathroom was large, but there was almost no counter space around it. We had to keep toiletries in the bedroom and carry things in/out as we needed them. When we arrived, the shower head wasn't attached. It was laying in the bathtub, leaving an open pipe protruding from the wall. My husband used a hand towel to get enough grip on it to screw it back on so we could use it.

As bad as all of this sounds, here's what they did right.

The staff was by far the warmest, friendliest bunch of women behind the counter. They genuinely seemed happy to help, and were extremely accomodating with requests. They were quick to greet guests and answer questions, always with a smile on their faces. It was refreshing.

The complimentary breakfast was well run and always fully stocked. The ladies who attended to the breakfast buffet went out of their way to greet our two grandkids and make them feel welcome, even giving them small toys on quiet mornings. Again, the staff stood out for going above and beyond, and always being warm and friendly.

Would I stay here again? Probably not. Between the condition of the room and the noise from other guests (2 wedding parties), the truck stop and the freeway noise, it was all a bit too much. For the same price, there are several nicer, newer hotels in the area to choose from. I have to say, though, the staff gets a solid A+. Sadly, that's not enough to convince me to return. A thorough remodel is desperately needed, to say the least.

Room Tip: One can only assume that all rooms are of equal quality as far as furnishings go, so my only advice...
Shallowater, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great out of the way place, easy access to everything in Austin and San Marcos. Quiet and clean. Great staff. Have to agree with other comments, internet is way slow! Suites are AWSOME!!! Lots of room.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Buda, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I owe this review to these guys..Nothing but good things to say about Barbara and the staff. I did want to comment about last review about the internet strength..Well folks I was the culprit. Some how i picked up a nasty virus somewhere on computer. So when chosing your next stay, don't base your decision on that review. Matter of fact just erase it from your noggin. Anyhow great place to stay. Thanks for everything .

Room Tip: grab the king suite
1 Thank Steve A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kyle
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buda at Cabela's
Americas Best Value Inn - Buda
Quality Inn and Suites
Comfort Suites Buda – Austin South Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Austin South/Buda
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Marcos

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Kyle - Austin South? Share your experiences!