“Relaxing romantic retreat.”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston, Texas
“Relaxing romantic retreat.”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We spent a night in Maurice's Coach House which is a little removed from the main hotel. The premises are beautiful, a combination of rustic and clean modern lines. We loved the bedroom and bathroom decor and especially the back porch and hammock overlooking the hills. One small disappointment was that we had ordered dinner to be delivered to our room as a treat. The meal came served in plastic containers without any plates. There were no plates in our little kitchen area either. We ate from the containers rather than let the food get cold; it was delicious but poorly presented.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Korean first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I spend a night at the Sage Hill Inn last weekend, while attending a wedding out that way. We stayed in Maurice's Coach House, which along with Maurice's Cottage, is a short drive (or long walk) from the main inn.
The attention to detail was wonderful. The room itself was very nice, modern and rustic at the same time. The bathroom was gorgeous, with a large soaking tub and fireplace that faces both the bedroom and bathroom. The bed was comfy. The back deck was very relaxing, to enjoy a beverage and watch the lizards, birds and bunnies play.
The pool is up by the main inn and was very nice, although a little crowded on a sunny Saturday afternoon.
The food was top notch - I can't say that I've ever stayed at a B&B where dinner is included in your room rate. The chef will style the menu based on dietary preferences if you give them enough heads up.
We can't wait to come back when the weather is cooler and enjoy a glass of wine by the fire pit!

Room Tip: There are several rooms away from the main inn, if you desire more privacy.
Texas
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We enjoyed two nights at the Sage Hill Inn Above Onion Creek last week. Within 30 minutes of arriving at the property, my husband and I were stunned by the level of relaxation we had already reached. If you're looking for a place to let go of stress, slow down, and just take a deep breath, this is it. We stayed in the Hays room, which was spacious (huge, actually) with an enormous bathroom full of natural light. There was a lovely balcony off the back of the room with uninterrupted views for many miles. And the front door opened onto a beautiful porch with rocking chairs and views of the gorgeous gardens.

It's impossible to name all the ways this Inn anticipates the needs/desires of its guests. There are hammocks and rocking chairs dotted around the property, a lovely pool and hot tub, a fabulous fire pit, tree swings, comfy porch seating, a soothing library, jars of freshly baked cookies, coffee and tea in the dining room, popcorn in you want to enjoy a movie, baskets of blankets on the porch if the night becomes chilly, walking sticks and water for the trails (don't miss the hiking trails!), a soothing spa offering great services (we had a couples massage), and some of the best flowerbeds and gardens I have ever seen. That's not everything, or even close, but just some of the things that really stuck out in my mind.

The only negative I can mention is that neither of us slept well, as we were uncomfortable on the mattress in our room. I'll be quick to say, however, that we both have finicky backs and this is not an uncommon problem for us. I imagine many folks sleep very well in that room. We happened to have a terrible night's sleep both nights. It could just as easily have happened to us anywhere. But the rest of the trip made up for it.

We're accustomed to the delicious breakfasts served at most Select Registry Inns, but this is the first place we've visited that includes a three-course dinner each night. The food was nothing short of fabulous.

But the relaxation factor was most important to us. We spent vast amounts of time curled up in comfy spots around the property, just reading our books, munching on cookies, and enjoying a cup of tea. I honestly can't wait to return.

San Marcos, Texas
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This place was awesome! My boyfriend and I came here for our 4 year anniversary and the staff took very good care of us. The room was very clean and cool when we arrived. Also, the refrigerator was stocked for us and there was no extra charge if we wanted to drink something. The grounds were also very clean and the pool and sunset was beautiful. There are hiking trails that lead to a creek (so bring tennis shoes) and theres a spa where we had a couples massage at a very reasonable price. The food was delicious and if you have an allergy they will accomidate you! There also isnt a lot of guests at one time, so its a great place for relaxing. We would definitely go here again! We actually plan on going once a year!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This was my second time to return to the Inn. This time I brought along my Mother in Law & 2 sister in laws for a “Mother’s Day Getaway”. We arrived on Friday, May 16th and stayed for 2 nights checking out on Sunday, May 18th. All 4 of us stayed in the lovely Toalson Suite-which was perfect. Two of us shared the King Bed, 1 made use of the sleeper sofa & the other in the twin bed hideaway. I loved seeing all the artwork on the walls in our suite which was actually photography of flowers around the Inn that included the date it was taken-nice touch. It was also nice to have a mini fridge in our Suite that included water & sodas for the taking. The beds were comfortable, ac works good, bathroom is nice and suite is filled with great furniture. Lovely space!!! We had rocking chairs on the front porch and chairs on the back. Enjoyed sitting at both! This was the first visit for the other ladies in my group, they were all so impressed with the Inn. From the start of our weekend to the very end. I was really happy with all the updates and improvements: the new pool deck & spa- we enjoyed both during our weekend. The fire pit-we sat around that both nights and had many laughs and deep enjoyable talks w/other guests. Great retreat for the evenings to sip your wine, listen to music, star gaze ect. I noticed all the new furniture in the dining room-those tables & chairs are gorgeous!!! As well as the re-vamp to the library-LOVE the paint colors as well as the furniture in that room. My group would sit in here after breakfast each morning sipping on our delicious pecan coffee just mesmerized at every little thing in this room. The food was just as good this time around as my first visit. Equally both dinner & breakfast were just so delicious. We weren’t fans of the dinner rolls, but everything else was amazing! The granola & cookies that are available 24/7 were better than I remember!! My group didn’t enjoy any of the spa services, sadly….but we did purchase the “Grapes & Olives Package” from the front desk and really enjoyed it. I highly recommend adding this onto your stay. Its such a good deal!!! You get to visit 6 of the nearby wineries & at each one you get numerous tastings. One of the wineries gave a complimentary wine glass to each of us in addition to the tastings, lunch was included @Trattoria Lisina(so delicious), fresh jar of olive oil @Bella Vista Vineyard & Orchards. The view @Driftwood Estate Winery was breathtaking. WOW. This is a must see. Please visit this winery at the very least!!! I really appreciate all the little things at this B&B that set it apart from any other. Examples: binoculars in our room, walking sticks on the porch should you want to take a hike, blankets in baskets on the porch for those cold nights, cold water, sunblock & insect repellant & towels available @the pool. The fresh flowers in our room upon our arrival. The hand soap & hand lotion in our bathroom is GREAT!!!! Every member of the staff is so nice. My group likes to talk and they would always welcome that and engage in conversation with us! I can’t say enough things about this place, only wish I could afford a weekend trip every MONTH!! =)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Texas
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This Inn is perfection! The attention to detail and the laidback vibe are number one on my list. The food is incredible. I have found my home away from home and plan on visiting many more times. I got a great massage and facial at the spa and slept like a baby on the most amazing bed. I stayed in the Schlemmer room.

Room Tip: I traveled with a girlfriend and we stayed in the Schlemmer room which was just right for us.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
West Jordan, Utah
Reviewed 19 May 2014

If it's possible for you, at all… ever, to visit the Sage Hill Inn, don’t pass it up!
It's amazing the property, people and food are superb.
Best piece of Texas!
PS visit the Driftwood Winery too while you're in the area.

Room Tip: For a perfect view of the beautiful Texas sunrise and sunset both, choose to stay in the Martin room...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SingleDropOWater
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kyle
La Quinta Inn & Suites Kyle - Austin South
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buda at Cabela's
Hotel Granduca Austin
Hotel Granduca Austin
#7 of 201 in Austin
Sleep Inn & Suites Dripping Springs
Sleep Inn & Suites Dripping Spri...
#1 of 2 in Dripping Springs
Lakeway Resort and Spa
BellaVida Bed and Breakfast Retreat Center

Been to Sage Hill Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!