River Valley Motor Inn
The Oak Motel(La Grange)
Carter Motel(La Grange)
Country Place Hotel(Fayetteville)
View Hotel
All reviewsstayed hereend of marchroom was spaciousno complaintsantique faira great place to stayroundconveniencebedsluggagelodgingwarrentonpets
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2013

When we arrived at the motel there was a group of people a couple of rooms down with the radio blasting gangster rap music from their car radio. They had the sub woofers at full blast. My wife called the front desk to ask if they would have them turn it down. They did nothing. That should have been a warning.
Sometime in the middle of the night, probably after the bars closed, those folks and several others proceeded to party in the parking lot. They were talking and carrying on so loudly that it was impossible to sleep. My wife called the front desk and they said that they would tell them to stop.
There was never a break in the noise until about 6:00 am. We asked for a 50% refund in the room price since we did not get the rest that we paid for. They refused. I will never stay there again. The owner does not protect the safety and well being of his guests.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Chuck C
Reviewed 4 April 2013

My great grandmother recently passed away at the end of march, so we were down in La Grange for her funeral. Most hotels were booked up in the area due to the antique and craft festival in warrenton the same weekend.

We found vacancy in this hotel and stayed 2 nights. I'm 26 and have had family in La Grange all my life, so I've always had a place to stay coming down, but always wondered what the surrounding area hotels were like.

Let me just say that this particular hotel was an excellent choice! The beds were comfortable, the shower was nice and hot with great water pressure, and the staff were very friendly. I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it to anyone deciding where to stay.

Only reason we give a 4 is just that the floors could use a good steam vac job, but that is such a minor detail due to everything else having been so pleasant.

Thank you!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Chris-Holly D
Reviewed 9 October 2012

We stayed at the River Valley Motor Inn for the first time during the fall antique show - two weeks, end of September and first week in October. We are vendors, so this was a business stay. We stayed on the west side of the building, in a downstairs double. After reading the reviews, I was concerned...but we were pleasantly surprised. Our room was very clean, and housekeeping kept it that way every day. The furnishings are older, but in our room they were sturdy and functional. The beds were very good...which is very important to us. Rooms are very large; lots of room for us and two dogs. No charge for the dogs, which is very nice. None of the lodging in any of the surrounding area is cheap - but this one was reasonable. Good ice machine on the property; washer and dryer available to guests - microfridge in the room. Great air conditioner. Lots of working guys stay here, which is fine with me - by and large, they are there to sleep and not to party. We had no complaints; will stay here as long as the place is as good and reasonable as it was this time.

Room Tip: We were told to stay on the east side because of the afternoon sun, but our air conditioner was fine so we were content on the west side.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Cobwebs11
Reviewed 13 April 2010

This had to be the worst accommodations ever. The shower was very moldy and chips of soap lay on the tub with large amounts of grime around them. Probably not cleaned in weeks. The headboard was pulled off the wall, the mattress was hard as a brick. It appeared to accommodate workers and their familes. Hot dogs and burgers on the pit outside the door (pit was chained to the post), loud music, children running and skateboarding up and down in front of the rooms. Ice machine did not work. Guests above us stomping on the floor until the wee hours of the morning. No phone to call the front desk. No, I am not going back and hopefully you will not either.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
6  Thank texasgale
Reviewed 11 May 2009

Have been staying there for over ten years when in La Grange. It is convenient to the eating area for dinner and breakfast. The Inn is going down more and more each time I go. When I started going there, it was better maintained, in all manners, and was a reasonable place to stay. I just keep hoping that the management will see their way to clean it up, fix up the furnishings and have a fixed maintencnce check sheet that is used to check out the phones, the TV's, the plumbing, defrost the refrigerators and to check all of the light fixtures, as these are items that I have encuntered on individual trips that are badly in need of being done. Carpet is badly in need of being replaced (have made severf trips to La Grange during later 2008 and 2009 to date ending up in various rooms and the soiled carpet hits you first).

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family