“Horrible”

La Quinta Inn Houston La Porte
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in La Porte
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We arrived late but had reservations. Had 3 rooms. Deadbolt on one of the room's doors was broken. Turned temperature up in one of the rooms, it set off smoke alarm. Horrible pet stains all over carpeting in each room . Graffiti on stairs leading to rooms on second floor. It is an older style hotel with outdoor entry. The desk clerk was good, he understood. Said they get these complaints all of the time and people leave. Did not stay. It was horrible!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Martin K

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is an older location, so in comparison to other older locations I have stayed at it was good. The room was cleaner and better looking than other older establishments I've stayed at. But staying at an older location you have to expect some things, out dated shower, window ac unit, etc. The staff I encountered were all friendly enough, I had no problems with anyone.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Good stay except for the carpet was dirty. It had been vacuumed but black stuff was on our feet and even just after a shower our feet were black again. Rooms need carpet shampoo. Pool was cloudy and had an odor. Location was great for USS Texas and Johnson Space Center visitation.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kevin C
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I was comfortable enough to stay in this location for two nights. Had I been staying longer in town, I would have searched for a new location. The accomodations were OK, nothing special or fancy about my stay but I was more concerned with the external appearance. It was medicore at best! No one was out in the lobby to great you when you visited the lobby to check in, get breakfast, or check out - each time I had to wait for someone to be available to help me.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2014

When I made the reservation I picked the room with a micro & fridge, and didn't notice that there were no "non-smoking" room options. When we got to our very smelly smoky room late the 1st night, there was no micro/fridge and I called the desk to be told there were no more rooms, our reservation didn't say micro/fridge, & they had no non-smoking rooms. I asked if I would get a lower rate for not having the fridge and was told that I already had a cheap rate but if I wanted I could talk to the manager in the morning. The manager was much nicer and explained that the reservation had come over with a different room type code (without the fridge) and that she would see if maintenance could get one or if not she would discount our room. Maintenance got a micro/fridge into our room that morning so we had it for the second night of our stay. Just be aware this is an older property and looks it. The manager was much nicer than the night time desk clerk.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2014

For the price that was paid, it was a clean and comfortable setting. It was close to our main destination, off the main highway. Overall a great place to stay for the price you pay. The only downfall was breakfast, the lobby is small in comparison to the number of people being served. The variety of breakfast was minimal compared to other hotels visited that offer continental breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed her overnight on business. Room was clean and well kept. It is what you would expect out of a LaQuinta hotel stay. It also was a very very good deal. I was worried when I made the reservation since it was so inexpensive, but it turned out to be great. I've stayed in similar hotels that would have cost 2X as much in this area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Super 8 LaPorte
#5 of 14 in La Porte
WoodSpring Suites Houston La Porte
Best Western Plus Seabrook Suites

Been to La Quinta Inn Houston La Porte? Share your experiences!