“A good place to stay.”

Candlewood Suites La Porte
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in La Porte
“A good place to stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

Stayed for two nights while in town for a funeral. Check in was quick and easy. Room was clean with pleanty of space. The shop gave me a place to grab a few things to keep in the room. I didn't use the laundry but it was bright, clean and FREE. Was able to print out my boarding pass in the business center.

• Stayed April 2013
Candlewood77571, General Manager at Candlewood Suites La Porte, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Thank you for your great review!
We hope that your family is doing well again thank you for staying with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

The hotel is in a good location if you are visiting the La Porte area. Donald and his staff always make me feel welcome and go above and beyond to take care of me and my team. The meeting room came in handy for my staff meetings, There are plenty of good selection of dining choices with in walking distance.This is a very well managed hotel and you wont regret staying there.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Fort Collins, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013 via mobile

It's in a good location and the price is nice. But you can do better. Staff is rude and acts entitled. Came into my room today while I was gone without notice and made a huge mess. Apparently they were cleaning the floors, but did you have to use my clean towels to mop up. Called the front desk and if I wanted clean towels I had to bring down the dirty ones and exchange them. Very rude and could care less. Thermostat was broken. Bath tub was chipped. Floor was wet and sticky and smelled like wet dog after cleaning. Will not return

• Stayed March 2013
Candlewood77571, General Manager at Candlewood Suites La Porte, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Dear Sir
Thank you for your review.We are sorry that you did not see the Notice signs at the Front Desk, in the elevator and on each floor. We do a general cleaning of the carpet and floors every 90 days, based on our occupancy. We use an outside carpet cleaning service and i will pass on your commits on to Cintas. In the past we have not had any complaints about their service. Please accept our Apologies for your inconvenience. Please fill free to call me on your next visit to La Porte.
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

The door was tilting a bit, the room color looked dirty, the towels were yellow colored instead of white, bed made noises when you move around, elevator extremely slow, some other guests were rather noisy. Still, the staff were very friendly and for $65/night I've stayed at worse places.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your review but our towels and sheets are Beige in color not white. We will be upgrading to white sheets and white towels in the near future along with some new bedding that we all are very excited about . Please stop by on your next visit to La Porte .
Katy, texas, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

After having a bad experience on my Anniversary, we ended up coming here. We looked at it before the other place but thought we would have been happier elsewhere! Boy were we wrong!! This hotel is amazing! Great staff, rates and I would love to come here again!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jasmine M
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2012

I couldn't have found a better place to stay. My five year old and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Candlewood La Porte. Our room had a microwave, full size fridge with freezer, a mini-range, toaster, and dishwasher. The room was clean and very spacious. It also had a DVD/CD player which is a huge advantage. I bring a portable DVD player that I usually have to plug into the TV so we can watch movies, but it was very nice just being able to pop a disc in a DVD player already connected. There wasn't a breakfast offered in the morning, but there was a min-grocery store in the hotel. There's also a waffle house, shipley's donuts, and mcdonalds all within a very short driving distance. Also nearby is a Kroger. If we were staying more than one night, I definitely would have purchased some groceries and possibly even do some cooking. No need for us to look for another hotel to visit in La Porte.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ReviewerM7
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the candlewood in Laporte. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The property was well kept. I loved the fitness room. It was large and spacious. Located with in walking distance to resturants. Staff was very informative and professional.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#7 of 14 in La Porte
Quality Inn & Suites Seabrook Nasa Kemah

Been to Candlewood Suites La Porte? Share your experiences!