“Almost cried when it was time to leave!”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in La Porte
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I am a bit of a hotel snob. It doesn't need to be ritzy, but I don't want to wake up every half hour, afraid bugs will crawl on me or a bullet will whiz past my head. I was incredibly impressed with this hotel. There's a big chandalier when you walk in and a beautiful winding staircase. My husband and I booked a room with a king bed for three nights, and I wish we could've stayed longer. The room was big, the TV was modern, and the bathroom was huge and spa-like, with modern tiles and lighting. It felt clean, safe and very comfortable. Continental breakfast was great -- fruit, yogurt, eggs, sausage, oatmeal, bagels, waffle maker, coffee, tea and more. We accessed our email in the little office set up near the check-in counter. No complaints there, either. The area is a Houston suburb and very safe, with lots of shopping and restaurants a short drive away. Everyone was incredibly friendly. The next time we visit family in Houston, we will absolutely 100 percent stay at this hotel again. Like I said in the title, I nearly cried when it was time to leave. Perhaps it's because I was pleasantly surprised that a hotel with such low rates could be so awesome.

Room Tip: Our second-floor room faced the back parking lot, but the windows were covered with a material to bl...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Vanessa R
Samtxa55, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2012

Thank you for staying with us, and we greatly appreciate your review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit with us when ever again in the Houston area. Sign up for free with Choice Privileges and earn points for your stays.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed 17 January 2012

This hotel is a very good value unless you have special needs. (see comments at end of review.) It is fairly new and is comparable to other hotels in its class. The room was clean and of moderate size. The breakfast was eggs, sausage, yogart and cereals. It is located in an industrial area which may concern those with breathing issues. An elderly family member visited 3 different rooms classed as accessible rooms and none of them had handrails near the commode. When the family member asked for a phone book to locate another hotel that was accessible the staff member had to be asked 4 times before providing a phone book to be used at the desk. This was the most disappointing issue surrounding the stay although both of the remaining family members had to change rooms for various reasons. I will visit this hotel again when in the area to see family but those with special needs may wish to look elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank LoneStarTrvlr
Samtxa55, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2012

Thank you for staying with us, and we greatly appreciate your review. We are also glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to keep us in mind whenever again in the area. In response to the handicap accessible rooms, we did notify the guest of our ADA accommodations ahead of time and hope they found the proper accommodations in a room.
Sign up for free with Choice Privileges and earn points for your stays.

Reviewed 10 December 2011

My girlfriend and I came down to meet her family, and being a Choice member we chose this place. The hotel looks very well in shape at arrival. The check in process was a fast one, and the rooms were great and very clean, which is very important for me. The room came with a 32 inch screen, and very comfortable bed that really help me sleep even with my bad back, It was home away from home. The breakfast was pretty decent, I only got a cup of coffee, but my girlfriend took advantage of the make-your own waffles. For the 3 days we were here it was a good stay.

Room Tip: Book Early for cheaper room rates, the closer the date, the higher rate.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jerry R
Samtxa55, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2015

Kind regards,

Sumit Gupta
La Porte. Texas 77571

Reviewed 23 November 2011

My family was looking for a hotel near Kemah Boardwalk, and we came across this hotel. For the price and value, it looked like taking a shot at since it looked fairly new.

At check in, we were check in with greeting smiles and a helpful attitude from the staff. The room we reserved was a double queen, and it was thoroughly clean and very well decorated. The TV was pretty new, and the bed were really comfy. Kids enjoyed a short swim in the indoor pool before we headed out to Kemah, where we had a fun time. It was not until the staff that informed us that NASA space center was also near, and the kids especially had a Blast. We were in such a hurry the next morning we never got to try the complimentary breakfast they provide, the morning before we slept in and also missed it. But still all in all we had a nice stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank John R

Sumit Gupta
La Porte, Texas

Reviewed 1 November 2011

Me and my family live in florida and come down here every year or so to visit my husbands family. I'm glad we found this hotel, we will now use this one every time. Our stay was incredible! Extremely good rates and the hotel is gorgeous. Extremely clean, not to mention how nice the decor is. Our kiddos absolutely loved the indoor swimming area and my husband couldn't get enough of the happy hour they offer there. The staff was more than helpful and the breakfast was spectacular! I give quality inn in la Porte Texas a 10!!!

• Stayed: October 2011
10  Thank 127,880

Sam Gupta
La Porte, Texas

Reviewed 9 October 2011

Incredible hotel, the price was very affordable and rooms were more than accommodating as well as very clean. Kids were tired out with the Indoor Pool, and slept great with no interruptions. Great breakfast, the breakfast even came with meat, which usually not seen in continental breakfasts. The staff was very knowledgeable about the area and sent our way to a lovely restaurant downtown. From of it the looks this place must be fairly new.

Room Tip: Stay on the back side where the sun won't hit!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
11  Thank Colin J

Sam Gupta
Quality Inn and Suite - La Porte, Texas

Reviewed 20 September 2011

Staff was very rude and unavailable. Rooms were very very small. Wifi didn't work. Room was very damp so much so the bathroom never dried after a shower. AC didn't work well. Breakfast would have been better at a gas station. The OJ was Sunny D and they had a limited expired looking selection. On two separate occasions once when we asked for an extra blanket and once when we asked for towels we were told they would probably have to go do some laundry and they didn't know if they could get us some. We had to follow up both times because they never brought any. They charged our card a huge deposit (without our knowledge) above what priceline charged and have yet to return it.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Erin H
Samtxa55, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2011

We apologize if you were not pleased with our accommodations, and would like to dually note that your card was not charged, but an (pending) authorization was put on, due to your banking institution policies, most banks will drop the authorization charges within 1-3 business days.

Also consider these accommodations in or near La Porte
#9 of 14 in La Porte
Best Western Plus Seabrook Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites La Porte
WoodSpring Suites Houston La Porte

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!