“Think before you stay!!!”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in La Porte
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I was with a guest that stayed at this place and it was not what I expected for a choice hotel.
The room was clean but the lobby was dark and HOT, very uncomfortable, the hallways were warm also, the only relief we got was the ac in our room.
The "manager" was quite rude and didnt seem to have a clue about customer service. He was young and had an attitude.
Our sleep was great breakfast was being taken care of by the desk staff. I am retired from hotels and I know what requirements are for choice, they have to have their own breakfast attendant not the desk clerk. *Dont know how they get away with that) breakfast was good. But there again it was uncomfortably warm in the lobby and breakfast area. That is horrible to be dressed and fresh for the day and then step into a sauna, before you got outside.
I would have to rethink staying there again, and I plan on telling others about the stay.There are other places to stay and I think I will recommend that we stay elsewhere, especially in the hot summer months. What is it like in the colder times, No heat!!!
And our second night was bad, went back to our room after a long day and no towels and we were told they had no more available. What happened then to the towels that we had in our room? Couldn't they be washed and returned? Seems to me there is a need for new management, the staff is friendly and eager but the management doesnt seem to be. I do plan to call choice hotels corp office and complain.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Adam N
Samtxa55, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2015

Dear Guest,

Management

Reviewed 29 April 2012

Had horrible experience with General Manager there on Friday, April 27, 2012. Was there for Purple Raceway Car Races and had reserved three rooms for family. We had reserved a month ahead of time and was quoted a certain price. When we arrived the General Manager stated that the rate quoted was not right. Needless to say we weren't happy and expressed our disappointment in not honoring Internet Price and the General Manage stated "well I can cancel your rooms". This was all done in lobby in front of other people waiting to check in. No one every said anything about cancelling the rooms, just the disagreement of the price quoted on Internet and then him stating another price. WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!!

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ruby S

Dear Valued Guest.

I am concerned about your experience at our hotel during your recent visit. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. At this hotel, we strive to provide the best customer service possible to our guests at all times.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong, and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed, and the appropriate action has been taken. Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience the issue may have caused.

Again I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concern with us.

Management

Reviewed 10 March 2012

Enjoy my stay over here. The price was right in our ball park range. The rooms were nice and clean. The room we got was a king roomand was really cozy for husband and me. I didn't eat the breakfast, since I am a late sleeper, but did enjoy the indoor pool which was really refreshing. The hotel seemed really safe and secure, which was one of main concerns. The staff here seemed busy most of the time, but did like to talk if you are a conversation starter like me. All in all it was a good stay, and would definitely look up this place again if coming back to la porte.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Mary G
Samtxa55, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your generous review regarding our Quality Inn & Suites here in La Porte, Texas. We are all about GREAT GUEST SERVICE; we love our jobs and have such wonderful guests to share our friendliness with. We hope that we see you again in the near future. Thanks again.

Sumit Gupta
Quality Inn and Suites - La Porte, Texas

Reviewed 6 March 2012

I chose this particular hotel due to being near both Kemah Boardwalk and Baytown where my family lives, and in the end I am happy we did. The staff was great in helping me get to Baytown which was very close on Highway 146, where the hotel was located. Kids loved the indoor pool; it kept then busy while I got some sleep from the drive over here. The room condition was really good no complaints and there was wide selection of channels on TV (more than I get back at home). Anoter thing that I liked about this hotel is that they are NOT pet friendly, which is good for people who are allergic to pet hair and what not. The breakfast was decent, it had all you could ask for and then some, coffee and a muffin just does for me in the morning. At night we were recommeded a good mexican resturant (wish I remembered name), by the staff and was good way to catch up with the family. Only thing that got wrong was when we go to Kemah it started to rain, and had to go the next day on Sunday. I would recommend this hotel especially for families that are on a budget.

Room Tip: NOT pet friendly, which is good for people who are allergic to pet hair and what not. So don't b...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Ann A

Dear Valued Guest,

Sign up for free with Choice Privileges and earn points for your stays.

From,

Sam Gupta
Quality Inn and Suites
11003 West Fairmont Parkway
La Porte, Texas 77379

Reviewed 25 February 2012

Rooms were excellent, which was very important. Definitely I will go back because of the excellent room condition. Front desk employee is excellent as well. Only complain is they do not turn on the chandelier light ( even though it is dark or night time) which they have in Lobby and also they turn on the front desk light after the customer walks in the lobby. I am sure the lobby will look so beautiful just by turning the chandelier light on. Also at breakfast bar they do not have anything of enough. It seems like you are getting the last piece of that item or they hardly fill up the item, anytime you go at the breakfast bar it seems you are late and nothing is left for you. I also notice few guest complain about this. It seems owner is " Stingy"
Again definitely I will go back because of excellent room condition and newer hotel itself, and excellent front desk person.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank DEARAMISH

Kind Regards,

Sam Gupta
Quality Inn and Suites
11003 West Fairmont Parkway
La Porte, Texas

Reviewed 23 February 2012

We came to visit family & ended up needing an extra bed because of an emergency situation. Staff were wonderful & took care of our needs in a stellar manner. This hotel, with an inside pool, by the way ~ a great treat for winter, was clean & tidy, had a very comfortable bed. Can't complain about anything & will stay again when we come back down to visit

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank TXSuzieQ711
Samtxa55, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

We are so pleased to hear that you are enjoyed your stay at the Quality Inn and Suites. Thank you for complimenting all the staff so generously. We pride ourselves in our dedicated staff and are always looking for ways to better our customer service and hotel quality. We look forward to your next visit. Sign up for free with Choice Privileges and earn points for your stays.

Reviewed 11 February 2012

I am a bit of a hotel snob. It doesn't need to be ritzy, but I don't want to wake up every half hour, afraid bugs will crawl on me or a bullet will whiz past my head. I was incredibly impressed with this hotel. There's a big chandalier when you walk in and a beautiful winding staircase. My husband and I booked a room with a king bed for three nights, and I wish we could've stayed longer. The room was big, the TV was modern, and the bathroom was huge and spa-like, with modern tiles and lighting. It felt clean, safe and very comfortable. Continental breakfast was great -- fruit, yogurt, eggs, sausage, oatmeal, bagels, waffle maker, coffee, tea and more. We accessed our email in the little office set up near the check-in counter. No complaints there, either. The area is a Houston suburb and very safe, with lots of shopping and restaurants a short drive away. Everyone was incredibly friendly. The next time we visit family in Houston, we will absolutely 100 percent stay at this hotel again. Like I said in the title, I nearly cried when it was time to leave. Perhaps it's because I was pleasantly surprised that a hotel with such low rates could be so awesome.

Room Tip: Our second-floor room faced the back parking lot, but the windows were covered with a material to bl...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Vanessa R
Samtxa55, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2012

Thank you for staying with us, and we greatly appreciate your review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit with us when ever again in the Houston area. Sign up for free with Choice Privileges and earn points for your stays.