“Mouse in hotel room”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in La Porte
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My husband, 21 month old daughter, my parents and I had the misfortune of staying at the Quality Inn in La Porte, TX on Saturday night, 5/25/13. None of the appliances in my parents room worked, the card keys didn’t work 90% of the time. There were no pool towels, the fitness equipment was mostly broken and there were no Dixie cups for water. Then on Saturday night my husband and I were both kept awake by this constant squeaking noise that we feared was a mouse. Upon rising on Sunday morning, it was confirmed that there was indeed a mouse trapped on a sticky trap trying frantically to free itself. After we removed our young daughter from the room we called the front desk and asked them to remove the rodent. We waited 10 minutes and no one came so we called again and told them we were going to bring it to the front if they didn’t send someone down to pick it up. They begged us not to bring it down out of respect for the other guests. So we waited for 2 more hours. The manager had gone home, we missed the continental breakfast. I had enough and took the mouse down to the front and demanded our rooms be comped. My parents were in a non-functional room and had to watch my daughter for 2 hours while a live rodent was in our room. They offered us a discount, I insisted that BOTH rooms be comped. At that point the desk clerk phoned the manager who asked us to simply put the mouse in the trash. As if it were a piece of trash incapable of feeling pain or hunger. I refused as it was not my job to dispose of their rodents. He then began ranting, yelling and swearing over the phone. No one ever apologized for our inconvenience. They didn’t act embarrassed or concerned in the least. Finally they agreed to comp both rooms and we loaded up the car. Then when my husband and parents turned in the keys they charged my parents FULL PRICE for their room. The audacity of these people is astonishing. Quality Inn, in its filth, should be shut down. The name of this hotel is a bold-faced lie.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Elizabeth M
Samtxa55, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. I am disappointed that your overall stay at the hotel was unpleasant, and I would like to apologize. We are always looking for ways to improve and your feedback is valuable to us. Our goal is to provide great value and exceptional customer service. This information has been made available to the hotel to make the proper adjustments.

From,

Management

Reviewed 7 April 2013

Traveling for Business 11 months of a year for 10 Years, I see MANY Hotels, due to Job requirements; not typically in any one location longer than 10 wks (90% of the time, I'm 4-10 Hotels per Month).....

but whether Your Traveling for Business or pleasure; hope this helps

Stayed at this Hotel during the Spring Break weeks for Texas; fortunately, I didn't get hammered on rates (unlike some Hotels within 15 mi Radius, trying to milk that Business)....Hotel staff was very accomodating, upon Check-In, duration of Stay as well as Checking Out

Hotel has multiple Floors....no one particualr floor has a Better View (scenery wasn't a factor), but depending if You are a Day or Night worker, You might want to think about Your Room Location (I am a fanatic about this; whether due to traffic on Main Blvd or construction)

Hot Breakfast was provided at this Hotel, and selection was too bad....basic, so don't expect IHOP or Denny's type of Meal...but nice that it was not just continental.

My ROOM WAS BASED ON A SINGLE-KING;

Room was NOT a closet, Bed was VERY Comfortable, as was the Pillow's Provided....(although I travel with My own)

Shower Room was good, and bathroom had moveable space....

I had Fridge/Micro available, and a Grocery Store was fairly close by, as well as accessibility to Highways.....some construction coming from West of Hotel, but over time, this will change....just be aware of what's going on around Hotel

Higher Profile Restaurant's were not far from this Location, usually within 15 min Hwy Drive....so, You are not far from getting to Hi-Traffic Public Venues

ENJOY YOUR STAY, Hope this Review Helps

Room Tip: Rooms on NORTH side of Hotel are OFF main Blvd, may be quieter KING Bed's are VERY Comfortabl...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank TYLER T
Samtxa55, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback about our hotel! We value your business and greatly appreciate your loyalty to our property! Please let us know the next time you're in Bay Area Houston. We would love to see you again!

From,

Sumit Gupta

Reviewed 21 March 2013

We had an excellent experience at this hotel. My wife and I ran the Seabrook Marathon Sunday morning and needed a late checkout to be able to clean up before a long trip home. Despite being the last weekend of spring break and the hotel being 100% booked both Sunday and Monday, the staff was friendly, helpful and accomodated our request. They even allowed us an early breakfast Sunday morning as we left for our race before normal breakfast hours.
Facility was clean and well maintained. Indoor pool and spa facilities were wonderful.
An excellent experience at this hotel for 2 years in a row as we participate in this area race.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Hudon W

Kind regards,

Sam Gupta
La Porte. Texas 77571

Reviewed 17 March 2013

This Quality Inn & Suites is a Choice Hotel. We are Choice Privileges Elite Gold Members. We had a reservation and GUARANTEED it with our Choice Privileges Visa Card.

We showed up to the hotel at 7pm and were told that they gave our room away at 6pm, and that they had nothing left available. Totally unacceptable, and they made a very poor effort to try and correct their mistake. They genuinely seemed NOT to care that they completely messed up, and didn't seem interested in doing whatever they needed to make it right.

Another reservation came in after us, and their room had been given away as well.

BEWARE - If you have a reservation, even if you guarantee it with your credit card, you still may be turned away.

Horrible way to do business. Terrible customer service.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lance P
Samtxa55, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Reservations will not be honored if there is no valid credit card in file, regardless of Choice status. Our online reservation system will drop reservations with 6PM holds, and if the hotel is 95-100% full it is highly likely that it will be dropped. The guest was contacted twice but no reponse, nor any notice was given to the hotel that the guest was arriving, which they finally did at 11PM. This information is given in the confirmation when the reservation is booked.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

It was great to stay in this hotel. Sam Gupta was very helpful, he printed out several sightseeing locations for me. The rooms were very nice and clean. I liked the in door pool and there was also an exercise room, this was the only thing that was not working, so i didnt use it.

I also liked the breakfast, even though the coffee was not as strong as I would have liked it, but that is my preference as lately I have stronger coffee.

So I still want to give the hotel Excellent.

Room Tip: The location is excellent if you want to visit Battlefield Texas, Kemah Boardwalk is about 15 minute...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Maria R

Dear Valued Guest,

We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in La Porte, Texas

Kind Regards,

Sam Gupta

Reviewed 18 February 2013

Roach infested, Manager yelled at me in front of customers when I complained about the roaches.. No working plug in's in bathroom or part of the room. Again POOR customer service from the Manager... He told me "You use my room" WHAT????? are you serious? Very Very bad experience. Was bantering and yelling at me because I complained about the roaches, which he came up with a fly swatter and a can of bug spray to try and "take care of". DO NOT STAY HERE....

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa P

Dear Guest,

Sorry to hear your stay was not more than satisfactory. We are grateful that you were able to take the time to give us some feedback. I would love for you to get back in touch with me so I could get more details about your stay.

We apologize for your recent experience and hope we get another chance to serve you.

Management

Reviewed 15 January 2013

Our family was returning home when we had an unexpected hospitalization while staying here. The front desk and security staff were very understanding and went out of their way to make sure our son was safe while my husband and I were at the hospital. The accommodations were great. We would stay here again if we need to be in Houston and would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank RoadrunnerRose

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Sumit Gupta

Comfort Suites
#2 of 14 in La Porte
WoodSpring Suites Houston La Porte
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites La Porte

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!