“Good - just too close to chemical plants and oil refineries”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in La Porte
AERM
“Good - just too close to chemical plants and oil refineries”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The place was nice with not too much traffic and near several towns and cities. Continental breakfast is regular. Most of all hotel is surrounded by chemical plants and oil refineries just an FYI. But once inside the hotel I would not notice the smell of those plants besides we stayed for only one night so no big deal. Aside from that it should be ok.

Room Tip: If you have asthma or respiratory problem stay out of this location.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Samtxa55, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 16 September 2015
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank for staying with us and your kind words of our hotel. Being in La Porte we do have some refineries near by and we are sorry if this was an eye sore during your trip. We are happy to hear that you took advantage of our breakfast and indoor pool. We thank you for the review and hope to see again on your next trip to La Porte.

From,

Management
Quality Inn and Suites
La Porte, Texas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Arizona
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel for 4 years during the NHRA races in Baytown. In January 2014, I reserved my room for this year's races. We were on a flight from Bogota, Colombia, where we live, excited about our race weekend, and upon landing, I checked my email only to find a note that they canceled my reservation due to too many "extensions". A reservation of 4 months. No offer of assistance finding another room, no apology, just canceled. I called and asked to speak to the manager, who cowardly refused to speak to me. I was offered nothing, and we were out of a room during a busy race weekend. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again, and would not recommend it to anyone. There are way nicer hotels in the area, and we will be staying at them from this point on.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kkl1010
Samtxa55, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
We do apologize for the cancellation, our reservation system had failed on blocking off our inventory when we were over booked. Reservations are not suppose to be made on our system when all of our rooms are sold out. We hope in the future you may choose us again.

Travellers are raving about these La Porte hotels

Plano, Texas
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This is a wonderful place to stay, particularly if you are going on a cruise from the Houston Cruise Terminal. You can pay to leave your car at the hotel and take the hotel's shuttle to the terminal or take a short 10 minute drive to the terminal and park there. The rooms are exceptionally clean and well appointed. The swimming pool and jacuzzi are located inside. A full delicious breakfast is available. We found the staff to be very friendly and most helpful with directions. We frequently stay at Choice Hotels and this is one of the very best Quality Inns that we have stayed at. We will always stay here when we are in the neighborhood.

2 Thank Michael C
Samtxa55, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you Michael for your kind words.
We are so glad you used our hotel before going on to your exciting cruise. I will let our staff know of their excellent job to make your stay a great one. Enjoy your cruise and we will you again soon

* Sign up for Choice Privileges and earn points for your stays.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We spent a night at the La Porte Quality Inn before our cruise. Check-in was quick, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the rooms were comfortable and clean. Breakfast was continental and provided a lot of choices, including waffles. The hotel provides transportation to and from the cruise terminal at a minimal cost (less than leaving your car at the terminal). Our driver, Harry, was punctual and courteous. A special note - when we returned from our cruise, the weather was cold, but Harry left his car to find us so that we did not have to wait in the cold wind. This level of service is to be commended. We will stay here again on our next visit to the area.

1 Thank Mary J
Thank you so much for complementing our hotel and to our staff. We at Quality Inn and Suites always hope you have enjoyable stay in a friendly environment. We hope to see you again.

* Sign up for Choice Privileges to get points for you stay.
round rock, tx usa
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Room was large and well appointed, the breakfast was terrific with two style eggs, sausage, fruits, yogurt, cereals, pastries, waffles and more. Easily eat heart healthy breakfast!
Nice pool and more....nice place. Not centrally located but on fairmont so easy to commute.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank pat n
Samtxa55, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Thank you for staying with us. We at the Quality Inn and Suites hope to make sure you have a pleasurable stay to your liking. Thanks for mentioning the variety of things we have at breakfast. We always like to have a vast variety of items so that our guest are up and ready for the morning to come. Look forward on seeing you again, have a good one. Thanks.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Several guys from my work stayed in town here for a week for training at swagelok.

The rooms were clean. We did not see any indication of pests. The maids cleaned and stocked the rooms each day.

I would recommend staying in a room on the back of the hotel. The first night I stayed in a room at the front and traffic made it difficult to sleep. The front desk person Monica switched my room without any problem. She was friendly and courteous. The other front desk person Leah was also very helpful.

Due to inclement weather, we ate breakfast at the hotel. The sausage waffles and fruit were great. The eggs were either powdered or some kind of paste. They were cold and tasteless, but peppered heavily and microwaved they were edible. We only ate in once and it was nice to have they option.

I will gladly stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Danbud
Thank so much for your review, we appreciate that you and your business associates styed with us while you conducted business in La Porte. Thank you for complimenting our staff I will pass on your kinds words to them. I am glad to hear the room was to your liking. We will definitely consider your feedback and make improvements where necessary. We hope to see again when back in the area. Thanks
Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Stayed from 02/24/2014 and 02/27/2014. The hotel night clerk made billing errors, did not charge my card properly, and attempted to charge me on check-out the amount that was already billed and paid for on check-in. The night clerk then called me on the last night of my stay at 3:30 a.m. to report that my card did not accept the additional charges. He called at 3:30 in the morning. The hotel staff knew the important nature of my business stay and woke me in the middle of the night anyway. My credit card company (thank God for their vigilance) declined the improper charges and assured me the mistake was neither on their end or mine. The night clerk further developed an unpleasant attitude and refused to apologize or even recognize his mistake despite both my credit card company and myself explaining the errors. After explaining that even if it was a credit card error I still should not have been interrupted in the middle of the night, he remained unapologetic and hostile.

The General Manger then contacted me about this matter. He was also unapologetic and stated that the night clerk was just doing his job. So caution to other potential guests out there, it is apparently hotel policy to unrepentantly wake guests in the middle of the night for hotel errors.

I was highly dissatisfied with the service I received and will likely never stay at a Quality Inn again especially the one in La Porte, Texas.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank TonyofTexas
Samtxa55, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Our system initially did not charge the payment for the card. Our night auditor or staff on duty had ended up asking the guest for another form of payment since the guest was due to checking out the same morning. The card did charge for payment, and was apologized for the inconvenience. As far as being waked up in the middle of the night and if you felt they directed you in a negative tone, I too apologize. We at the Quality Inn and Suites, always want our guest to be treated with kindness and courteous from our staff no matter what problem arises. We hope you may come back again, whenever back in the area.

* Sign up for Choice Privileges and points for your stays.