“Poor management”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in La Porte
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Major management problem. Stayed three nights & never did really get room serviced by housekeeping. Had to go to front desk several times
1st nite - never cleaned, next nite - clean towels - nothing else. When I was at front desk other guests waiting to voice same concerns. Housekeeping has children with then & they were running up & down halls......

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bbenthere
Samtxa55, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2015

Dear Valued Guest.

I am concerned about your experience at our hotel during your recent visit. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. At this hotel, we strive to provide the best customer service possible to our guests at all times.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong, and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed, and the appropriate action has been taken. Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience the issue may have caused.

Again I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concern with us.

Management

Reviewed 5 May 2014

The place was nice with not too much traffic and near several towns and cities. Continental breakfast is regular. Most of all hotel is surrounded by chemical plants and oil refineries just an FYI. But once inside the hotel I would not notice the smell of those plants besides we stayed for only one night so no big deal. Aside from that it should be ok.

Room Tip: If you have asthma or respiratory problem stay out of this location.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank for staying with us and your kind words of our hotel. Being in La Porte we do have some refineries near by and we are sorry if this was an eye sore during your trip. We are happy to hear that you took advantage of our breakfast and indoor pool. We thank you for the review and hope to see again on your next trip to La Porte.

From,

Management
Quality Inn and Suites
La Porte, Texas

Reviewed 24 April 2014

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel for 4 years during the NHRA races in Baytown. In January 2014, I reserved my room for this year's races. We were on a flight from Bogota, Colombia, where we live, excited about our race weekend, and upon landing, I checked my email only to find a note that they canceled my reservation due to too many "extensions". A reservation of 4 months. No offer of assistance finding another room, no apology, just canceled. I called and asked to speak to the manager, who cowardly refused to speak to me. I was offered nothing, and we were out of a room during a busy race weekend. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again, and would not recommend it to anyone. There are way nicer hotels in the area, and we will be staying at them from this point on.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kkl1010
Samtxa55, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

We do apologize for the cancellation, our reservation system had failed on blocking off our inventory when we were over booked. Reservations are not suppose to be made on our system when all of our rooms are sold out. We hope in the future you may choose us again.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

This is a wonderful place to stay, particularly if you are going on a cruise from the Houston Cruise Terminal. You can pay to leave your car at the hotel and take the hotel's shuttle to the terminal or take a short 10 minute drive to the terminal and park there. The rooms are exceptionally clean and well appointed. The swimming pool and jacuzzi are located inside. A full delicious breakfast is available. We found the staff to be very friendly and most helpful with directions. We frequently stay at Choice Hotels and this is one of the very best Quality Inns that we have stayed at. We will always stay here when we are in the neighborhood.

2  Thank Michael C
Samtxa55, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you Michael for your kind words.
We are so glad you used our hotel before going on to your exciting cruise. I will let our staff know of their excellent job to make your stay a great one. Enjoy your cruise and we will you again soon

* Sign up for Choice Privileges and earn points for your stays.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We spent a night at the La Porte Quality Inn before our cruise. Check-in was quick, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the rooms were comfortable and clean. Breakfast was continental and provided a lot of choices, including waffles. The hotel provides transportation to and from the cruise terminal at a minimal cost (less than leaving your car at the terminal). Our driver, Harry, was punctual and courteous. A special note - when we returned from our cruise, the weather was cold, but Harry left his car to find us so that we did not have to wait in the cold wind. This level of service is to be commended. We will stay here again on our next visit to the area.

1  Thank Mary J

Thank you so much for complementing our hotel and to our staff. We at Quality Inn and Suites always hope you have enjoyable stay in a friendly environment. We hope to see you again.

* Sign up for Choice Privileges to get points for you stay.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Room was large and well appointed, the breakfast was terrific with two style eggs, sausage, fruits, yogurt, cereals, pastries, waffles and more. Easily eat heart healthy breakfast!
Nice pool and more....nice place. Not centrally located but on fairmont so easy to commute.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank pat n
Samtxa55, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Thank you for staying with us. We at the Quality Inn and Suites hope to make sure you have a pleasurable stay to your liking. Thanks for mentioning the variety of things we have at breakfast. We always like to have a vast variety of items so that our guest are up and ready for the morning to come. Look forward on seeing you again, have a good one. Thanks.

Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Several guys from my work stayed in town here for a week for training at swagelok.

The rooms were clean. We did not see any indication of pests. The maids cleaned and stocked the rooms each day.

I would recommend staying in a room on the back of the hotel. The first night I stayed in a room at the front and traffic made it difficult to sleep. The front desk person Monica switched my room without any problem. She was friendly and courteous. The other front desk person Leah was also very helpful.

Due to inclement weather, we ate breakfast at the hotel. The sausage waffles and fruit were great. The eggs were either powdered or some kind of paste. They were cold and tasteless, but peppered heavily and microwaved they were edible. We only ate in once and it was nice to have they option.

I will gladly stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Danbud

Thank so much for your review, we appreciate that you and your business associates styed with us while you conducted business in La Porte. Thank you for complimenting our staff I will pass on your kinds words to them. I am glad to hear the room was to your liking. We will definitely consider your feedback and make improvements where necessary. We hope to see again when back in the area. Thanks

Also consider these accommodations in or near La Porte
Best Western Plus Seabrook Suites
Candlewood Suites La Porte
Candlewood Suites La Porte
#9 of 14 in La Porte

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!