Quality Inn & Suites
US$83
ComfortSuites
Bayshore Motel(La Porte)
US$80
WoodSpring Suites Houston La Porte(La Porte)(Great Value!)
US$81
Hotels.com
Garden Suites(La Porte)
US$78
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsindoor poolsausagenight stayyogurtkemah boardwalkquiet locationhot breakfastfront desk staffupon checkbattleship texashome away from homehoustonreliefdanishnasaworkerssafety
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The good: clean room. comfortable bedding. hot tub.

The bad: the breakfast was subpar. typical offerings but no catsup. I could have built a house with the bagels. the toaster didn't work. just a general feeling that no one was watching the food. and the hot tub needed cleaning.

The ugly: my room's dead bolt would not work. I reported it and asked that it be fixed while we were out and nothing. again I ask for the deadbolt to be repaired. nothing. again. nothing. I was very uncomfortable staying in a hotel room where I could not safely lock my room. room 302 by the way for any travelers out there. also, when making the reservation I asked for a room on the first floor. I was given the third floor. I asked if I could be at least be on the end by the pool/hot tub. the room I was given was at the most extreme opposite of the pool. seriously. there was not one room farther from the pool. the safe in our room was locked. I typically use a safe during a stay but could not because some yokel before us had left it locked. I did not inform the front desk of that but I did remind once again at our departure that room 302 would not dead bolt.

We stayed 4 nights due to a business commitment. 4 nights was too long. Burn me once....

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Haywhitmom
Samtxa55, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2015

Dear Valued Guest.

I am concerned about your experience at our hotel during your recent visit. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. At this hotel, we strive to provide the best customer service possible to our guests at all times.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong, and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed, and the appropriate action has been taken. Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience the issue may have caused.

Again I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concern with us.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Major management problem. Stayed three nights & never did really get room serviced by housekeeping. Had to go to front desk several times
1st nite - never cleaned, next nite - clean towels - nothing else. When I was at front desk other guests waiting to voice same concerns. Housekeeping has children with then & they were running up & down halls......

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bbenthere

Dear Valued Guest.

Again I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concern with us.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

The place was nice with not too much traffic and near several towns and cities. Continental breakfast is regular. Most of all hotel is surrounded by chemical plants and oil refineries just an FYI. But once inside the hotel I would not notice the smell of those plants besides we stayed for only one night so no big deal. Aside from that it should be ok.

Room Tip: If you have asthma or respiratory problem stay out of this location.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank for staying with us and your kind words of our hotel. Being in La Porte we do have some refineries near by and we are sorry if this was an eye sore during your trip. We are happy to hear that you took advantage of our breakfast and indoor pool. We thank you for the review and hope to see again on your next trip to La Porte.

From,

Quality Inn and Suites
La Porte, Texas

Reviewed 24 April 2014

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel for 4 years during the NHRA races in Baytown. In January 2014, I reserved my room for this year's races. We were on a flight from Bogota, Colombia, where we live, excited about our race weekend, and upon landing, I checked my email only to find a note that they canceled my reservation due to too many "extensions". A reservation of 4 months. No offer of assistance finding another room, no apology, just canceled. I called and asked to speak to the manager, who cowardly refused to speak to me. I was offered nothing, and we were out of a room during a busy race weekend. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again, and would not recommend it to anyone. There are way nicer hotels in the area, and we will be staying at them from this point on.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kkl1010
Samtxa55, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

We do apologize for the cancellation, our reservation system had failed on blocking off our inventory when we were over booked. Reservations are not suppose to be made on our system when all of our rooms are sold out. We hope in the future you may choose us again.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

This is a wonderful place to stay, particularly if you are going on a cruise from the Houston Cruise Terminal. You can pay to leave your car at the hotel and take the hotel's shuttle to the terminal or take a short 10 minute drive to the terminal and park there. The rooms are exceptionally clean and well appointed. The swimming pool and jacuzzi are located inside. A full delicious breakfast is available. We found the staff to be very friendly and most helpful with directions. We frequently stay at Choice Hotels and this is one of the very best Quality Inns that we have stayed at. We will always stay here when we are in the neighborhood.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michael C
Samtxa55, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you Michael for your kind words.
We are so glad you used our hotel before going on to your exciting cruise. I will let our staff know of their excellent job to make your stay a great one. Enjoy your cruise and we will you again soon

* Sign up for Choice Privileges and earn points for your stays.