“BEST BBQ EVER”

King's Barbeque and Steak Co.
Ranked #8 of 67 Restaurants in La Porte
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The smell of the smoking bbq fills the air as soon as you open the door. I got the Hungry Man Special. It comes with your choice of four meats and two sides. They cut everything right in front of you, slap it on a plate and cover it in bbq sauce (optional). Do yourself a favor and eat here. You won't regret it!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

A long time favorite. Their BBQ matches up against the best in Houston. Owner cooked at one of the most famous BBq's in Houston for years. Chopped beed sandwich is cut from brisket when ordered, not preprepared as in a lot of places. I've had their brisket, sausage, chicken, burgers, and red beans and rice. All were outstanding. Very reasonable prices.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stopped by King's BBQ in LaPorte, TX on Friday, May 30, 2014 with two work colleagues to try out another BBQ restaurant in the Houston area. Pleasantly surprised and very pleased with the grilled chicken and BBQ sandwich I had for lunch. Very moist chicken and very flavorful BBQ sauce to make the sandwich. The bun was lightly toasted. Both thumbs up and high marks for this restaurant. Not a large place to dine, but very friendly and helpful staff to assist you through a menu with excellent choices. Typical menu items with ribs, sausage, chicken, pork, brisket with all the trimmings. I noticed several customers in the restaurant eating the baked potato stuffed with the BBQ chicken. This looked real good as well.

I will definitely be back at King's for a great BBQ lunch in the very near future!

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I ate here last night and enjoyed every bite. We had the rib dinner with fried okra and baked potato the potato was huge and cooked perfect. The ribs were awesome even liked the BBQ sauce they used on mine. Will eat here again.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Nice small venue to eat some very good BBQ. I have yet to get any fatty or gristly brisket. The turkey(according to my bride) is moist and tasty. The links aren't Eckrich or Blue ribbon but they are satisfying. My only problem has been when I order the small burger and fries(mustard, pckles and onions only)it seldom comes out that way. It has even been a large cheeseburger which they compted me for but I jhad to take half of it home. Just too much for an old man!