“Do NOT stay here”
Review of Fairway Inn

Fairway Inn
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in La Porte
Reviewed 29 April 2013

we decided to save a little money on a hotel for the weekend. Reminder to not do that again. We had 2 King rooms.... one had a horrible mildew smell, which they knew about considering there was a deodorizer bag hanging from one of the lamps. The other had a foot tall ring around the top of the bathroom of mold. When noticing that each room only came with one towel. We inquired to have another since 2 people were in each room only to find it was standard for one towel in a king room and they did not have anymore available anyway....... the first morning after waking up house keeping came through at 9am and questioned why we asked for another roll of tp when we still had a half of roll left? the building is not very secure either. one the ends of the building a sign posted on the door that asks to make sure it shuts for the safety of the guests...well it doesn't' shut and when we notified the staff they said yes we know. Also the swing locks on the backs of the doors for the rooms were broken in both of the rooms. Needless to say I understand if you pay less you can get less but come on???

Room Tip: stay at the LaQuinta or Holiday Inn or Marriott just around the corner from here.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 2 November 2012

My anniversary weekend we decided to stay in La Porte so that we could go to kemah and see other things in the area seeming that we had never been to kemah, etc. We got reservations here and when we pulled up there were matresses leaning against the pilars, so we asked to see the room before we decided to stay there. We went in the room and the jacuzzi tub is in the room next to be bed, which we thought was odd.. The halls smelt a little weird and the girl behind the counter took about 10 minutes to even come to the desk.. We decided not to stay there and the girl went to mumbling things under her breath about us messing up the bed and just plain out cursing us. We did not mess up the bed, we felt the bed to see if it was soft or whatever, it's not like we jumped on the bed or anything... After this I realized I left my keys in the room and the girl went to go get them so I thought I could go with her, her response was yelling to me "YOU CAN NOT BE BACK HERE" I said why?? She replies "BECAUSE I DO NOT HAVE YOUR ID GO BACK IN THE LOBBY NOW!" Like I am some child or something.. We call the manager of the establishment and he pushes it off like she was right to be a total jerk to us! "She said you messed up the bed, etc" it's probably his daughter or neice, whatever.. All I know is customer service is crap at this place!!

Just to say, save yourself a headache and stay somewhere else.. Luckily we went to another hotel and we are comfortable, happy, and ready to celebrate our anniversary!

Room Tip: Avoid jacuzzi rooms. Unlevel floors. Aweful smells in hallway.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2012 via mobile

Room coms with microwave, fridge and safe. In My room, the safe was locked. Told front desk, explained that the safe is not provided.(???)

No pool , no gym.

5 mins to beach, 8 mins to Kemah. A few fast food restaurant around.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Fan R
Reviewed 1 August 2012

My husband and I needed a place to stay for the night. The room had one floor towel and a bottle of shampoo. The desk chair is stained in the seat and the sheets also have stains. This is the nastiest hotel I have stayed in. We did ask the front desk person for extra towels she gave us a floor towel and said that was all she had.

Don't stay here please!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chaco N
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We wanted someplace close to Kemah to meet up with friends on Saturday, but at reasonable price. This hotel was perfect, large comfortable and very clean room, lovely bathroom, microwave, coffeemaker, fridge, free wifi and continental breakfast all included in the amazingly low price. Denny's is across the carpark, the hotel give vouchers for food, buy one meal get one free, and also Jack in the Box, Kroger and and the very good Asian Wok are minutes by foot.
The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. We would definitely return here.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hunda
Reviewed 3 July 2012

The hotel staff was extremely rude and they do not allow pets as they advertise. The hallways smelled like pot and there was trash thrown all over the property. Mold in the shower and back door is never locked. Your safety is not a concern to the rude uneducated staff. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone unless they are used to criminal activity.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank tommyebutcher
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I reserved a room for me and my sisters for the night of June 23, 2012. We were visiting the Kemah Board wall and wanted to stay the night instead of getting on the road late at night to return home.

The reservation was for four guest. Upon returned from the Kemah Boardwalk we wanted to take a shower. My little sister went to the front desk and asked for two more sets of towels because there was only the standard two sets of towels in the room. The front desk clerk denied her request.

I then went down stairs to request the towels and was also told no, when I tried to reason with the clerk he said he will charge me $50 more for the towels. I told him that was stupid and he kicked us out of the hotel and threatened to charge my card more if he finds one thing out of place in the room.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family