“NEVER STAY HERE! !!! UNLESS YOU LIKE SMELLS AND STUPIDITY ...”
Review of Fairway Inn

Fairway Inn
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in La Porte
“NEVER STAY HERE! !!! UNLESS YOU LIKE SMELLS AND STUPIDITY ...”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I booked because my friends were staying here. I should have followed my first mind and went home. The worst room i have stayed in my life. I will never ever stay here or anything affiliated with Fairway inn.

Stayed July 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Wonderful stay. Price was good , room was good..............had great time. Front desk guy was always ready for help. I stayed for about 2 weeks before I was few nites at days inn and didn't like it but this motel was good

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2013

The only part of our stay that was satisfactory was the sign in. The room lights don't work. The TV is ancient and small. The continental breakfast was frozen waffles and some dry cereal. The Wi-Fi, what Wi-Fi. The outside doors that are to be secured won't even close completely. Housekeeping came by and ask for dirty towels (they only allow you to have one) but they didn't make the bed or clean the room. The air conditioner is a joke and has the capability of less than opening the rooms. Absolutely horrible and never to be repeated at this place.

• Stayed May 2013

Travellers are raving about these La Porte hotels

Tomball, Texas
Reviewed 29 April 2013

we decided to save a little money on a hotel for the weekend. Reminder to not do that again. We had 2 King rooms.... one had a horrible mildew smell, which they knew about considering there was a deodorizer bag hanging from one of the lamps. The other had a foot tall ring around the top of the bathroom of mold. When noticing that each room only came with one towel. We inquired to have another since 2 people were in each room only to find it was standard for one towel in a king room and they did not have anymore available anyway....... the first morning after waking up house keeping came through at 9am and questioned why we asked for another roll of tp when we still had a half of roll left? the building is not very secure either. one the ends of the building a sign posted on the door that asks to make sure it shuts for the safety of the guests...well it doesn't' shut and when we notified the staff they said yes we know. Also the swing locks on the backs of the doors for the rooms were broken in both of the rooms. Needless to say I understand if you pay less you can get less but come on???

Room Tip: stay at the LaQuinta or Holiday Inn or Marriott just around the corner from here.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Katy, texas, USA
Reviewed 2 November 2012

My anniversary weekend we decided to stay in La Porte so that we could go to kemah and see other things in the area seeming that we had never been to kemah, etc. We got reservations here and when we pulled up there were matresses leaning against the pilars, so we asked to see the room before we decided to stay there. We went in the room and the jacuzzi tub is in the room next to be bed, which we thought was odd.. The halls smelt a little weird and the girl behind the counter took about 10 minutes to even come to the desk.. We decided not to stay there and the girl went to mumbling things under her breath about us messing up the bed and just plain out cursing us. We did not mess up the bed, we felt the bed to see if it was soft or whatever, it's not like we jumped on the bed or anything... After this I realized I left my keys in the room and the girl went to go get them so I thought I could go with her, her response was yelling to me "YOU CAN NOT BE BACK HERE" I said why?? She replies "BECAUSE I DO NOT HAVE YOUR ID GO BACK IN THE LOBBY NOW!" Like I am some child or something.. We call the manager of the establishment and he pushes it off like she was right to be a total jerk to us! "She said you messed up the bed, etc" it's probably his daughter or neice, whatever.. All I know is customer service is crap at this place!!

Just to say, save yourself a headache and stay somewhere else.. Luckily we went to another hotel and we are comfortable, happy, and ready to celebrate our anniversary!

Room Tip: Avoid jacuzzi rooms. Unlevel floors. Aweful smells in hallway.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 1 September 2012 via mobile

Room coms with microwave, fridge and safe. In My room, the safe was locked. Told front desk, explained that the safe is not provided.(???)

No pool , no gym.

5 mins to beach, 8 mins to Kemah. A few fast food restaurant around.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Fan R
Denton, Texas, United States
Reviewed 1 August 2012

My husband and I needed a place to stay for the night. The room had one floor towel and a bottle of shampoo. The desk chair is stained in the seat and the sheets also have stains. This is the nastiest hotel I have stayed in. We did ask the front desk person for extra towels she gave us a floor towel and said that was all she had.

Don't stay here please!