“Crooks!, Hotel was a mess.”
Review of Garden Suites

Garden Suites
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in La Porte
Houston, Texas
“Crooks!, Hotel was a mess.”
Reviewed 24 March 2007

Stayed here on New Years Eve after going to a party to keep from driving long way home. Booked through Expedia. First room we were given had paint buckets, ladder, and tools all over the bed and floor. We were given another room that had a large hole in the floor and the wall.
Our credit card was charged on Jan 5 for the room then again in March. They claimed they never got the money despite us faxing copies of the statement. They were very rude when confronted. Our bank had to shut down our card to keep them from charging any more money. RIP OFF, STAY AWAY!!!!!

• Stayed December 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank fnydude

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
new orleans
Reviewed 4 January 2007

The room was clean and adequate, though I did not appreciate the rude phone call from the housekeeper early in the morning to remind me that checkout time was 11 a.m.

Additionally, the hotel charged my credit card for the room after I had paid for it on Hotels.com. When I called the hotel to report the error, the desk clerk was EXTREMELY disrespectful and sarcastic, insinuated that I was lying, and claimed that the hotel does not receive notification that web reservations are prepaid. Being a frequent traveler, I find that hard to believe, as this problem has never arisen at the dozens of other hotels in which I've stayed. Not once did she offer anything close to an apology for her error. (I recognized her voice as the clerk who checked us in.)

Bottom line: Nice physical property; discourteous staff and poor bookkeeping procedures. Won't stay there on my return to the area, nor will I recommend it to my family who will be visiting there soon.

Stayed December 2006
4 Thank dlsmith
KevinAnkuda, Management at Garden Suites, responded to this review, 14 May 2007
Dear sir or madam,

Good evening. I would like to start by saying I am very sorry about the experience you had with the staff and the credit card issue.

This is not a norm for the hotel. I am not going to make any excuses for the rudeness you recieved. I am sorry and the person that you delt with is no longer employed with the hotel.

If there is anything I am able to do, please let me know. Once again I am sorry for the staff member that you had to deal with.

Regards,