“A perfectly fine hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Lakeway
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Lakeway
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stayed at the Lakeway Holiday Inn for 3 nights while visiting relatives. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. Breakfast did shut down early one morning - not sure why - this affected one person in our party. Otherwise it was fine.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Lakeway

Reviewed 5 November 2013

A family member was getting married at Vintage Villas, about a 7 min drive away. We chose this hotel for it's proximity to the wedding site and because it was newer.
When traveling we prefer to stay in 4+ star properties...when selecting an average hotel we always go for new or recently remodeled for that fresh, modern environment.
In that regard, this Holiday Inn delivered. The rooms were clean and color schemes were fresh.
The personnel was friendly and helpful.
Complaint: no fresh fruit of any sort offered at breakfast the entire stay.

Room Tip: we were in 211. Facing the front of the hotel...just fine, as far as sound, etc.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Stayed there twice for over a week when brand new and recommended to several family members and others due to convenient location but switched hotels last few trips due to the hotel being much more pricey than others. Unfortunately even though we sent over business, the hotel is over $40/night more than another quality hotel we found. The staff especially Ken and Corey are very dedicated and nice, they did what they could to assist with our complaint and other folks complaints that the beds are hard as a rock. I saw the owner comment on another review that the more people who stay eventually the beds will be softer but that doesn't help those who pay now and cannot sleep. Corey went to the trouble to get us a mattress topper which was super nice. However the other members of our family did not get one in any of the visits. One more thing they way over spray/deodorize the rooms which is a shame considering the hotel is fairly new and the rooms should be smell-free. The breakfast area lacks any kind of ambiance. The best part of the place is the staff especially Ken and Corey who are obviously very dedicated.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 22 October 2013

A friend is getting married at vintage villa, so we stayed here for the night. It was overall a good stay. Short drive to the wedding ceremony, the room is well cleaned and relatively modern, nice choices for breakfast. Only complain is that there seems to be only one person at front desk both when we check-in and check-out, and we waited 10 minutes to be checked out. Except for this, it was a enjoyable stay!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This hotel seems new and the lobby was clean and well decorated...especially for a Holiday Inn. I stayed on a Saturday night for a wedding. Room was just ok. Air conditioner was very loud. Platinum amenity was a small bottle of water and a small bag of potato chips. Wasn't offered an upgrade, Breakfast was typical Holiday Inn breakfast...which is abysmal but I did get a cup of coffee to hold me over until I could get to a coffee house.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Steph P
HIELakeway_Mgmt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lakeway, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

First, I would like to thank you for the valuable feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Lakeway. Although it is our mission to offer world class service to all of our guests, sometimes we miss the mark. Rest assured that I personally use feedback from our guests to target training to specific areas in order to better fine tune our operations. I would like to personally apologize for the issues that you experienced and I truly hope that we can earn another chance to show that we are, in fact a world class hotel. Again, thanks for your feedback and we hope to see you again in your travels.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I arrived in Lakeway on a monday and checked out on a thursday. The area is very pretty. The hotel was very clean. The front desk team was very nice as well. As i entered our hotel room it was a little hot and it did smell a little old but overall it was very clean. The only issue i had was with my bed, it was very firm i did not sleep well the whole time i was there. The coffee was great and fresh and the breakfast was simple not too bad. The washer and dryer area were pretty clean as well. And also the shower head kept falling off it was not secure. I reported it to the front desk and they were very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eliza M

We appreciate your feedback. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff will be excited to hear that they were a part of creating an enjoyable experience for you. I would like to apologize about the firmnessof the our beds. This feedback has encouraged us to purchase softer mattress toppers that our guests can request to have put on their bed in order to add a level of comfort. Again, thanks for your feedback and we truly hope to see you again in your travels.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

I travel frequently and I must say that this is the best Holiday Inn Express I've ever stayed at. It's the newest property in the area and the decor is amazing. The rooms are large and best part about the stay was the 1st class service the staff provides. Cory and Ken were so awesome!! They even went as far as going out and buying wine glasses and a corkscrew for my wife and I when they saw that we had a bottle of wine when we checked in!! This hotel has an amazing pool area with cabanas.... Perfect way for us to unwind at the end of the day with our bottle of wine. I definitely recommend this place for people traveling in the Lakeway area. It's new, modern, clean, and has amazing customer service! My daughter is getting married this fall and we are definitely using this hotel for our guests.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Deven D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeway
Lakeway Resort and Spa
Hotel Granduca Austin
#7 of 201 in Austin
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Austin NW - Four Points
Residence Inn Austin Lake Austin / River Place

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lakeway? Share your experiences!